Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #181
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Nissan GT-R Stigma/Attitude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
Haha close.... It's not Ramon (though we are trying to lure him into an ISF!).... it's a mutual friend, well he's closer to Ramon than me, especially in the "Flexfuel" department

Daniel
Tino. If his car history is anything to go by (especially the WRX!) The Fez will be one hell of an impressively clean car!

I don't get the hate about a clearly extremely well engineered car. How much of it can be put down to Jealousy?
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #182
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO AU XR8
Tino. If his car history is anything to go by (especially the WRX!) The Fez will be one hell of an impressively clean car!

I don't get the hate about a clearly extremely well engineered car. How much of it can be put down to Jealousy?
I'd say it's a 40/40/20 split - Jealousy/Ignorance/Stupidity.
Nic85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #183
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is where you are forgetting that the rest of the world is in a very much different opinion when it comes to paying money for cars ...

Australia is a massively overpriced market, the cost of cars here is nothing representative of what the actual cost of these cars is ... for the price of a new GT you can easily get a new 911 / GTR / M3 / C63 in the states/UK or just about any other developed country...

The truth is while to some the GT might not seem that expensive when comparing to the stupidly overpriced imported cars here, its actually a very expensive car by world standard and would never ever sell if we could get M3s and C63s for 60K here like everyone else does in the states

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
The way i see it for the MONEY the GTRs are amazing kit...but then again for the money so are the modern fast fords. I mean has anyone noticed the ingear acceleration these new fords have...omg...it seriously is a similiar jaw dropping stat same as how good the new GTRs are as a track car. S what it comes down to is what the cars is designed for and what price bracket your looking at....then you go from there. And it just so happens we here at aus ford forums have been able to boast the fastest road and track cars for the money for a while now. Up un the GTR price range theres not much else that touches it too.
dimka100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post