Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #211
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&BXR6
Rofl, last week friday morning, i got home, sat up for as long as i could, ended up falling asleep at 11:00am, woke up at 1:00pm.... was trying to organise finance for my new car wich if ya read the other threads, i should pick up on thursday, but yeah man, i've parked at traffic lights waiting for them to turn green, and woke up with someone honking at me coz the lights changed :P

I've never fallen asleep while driving..... just that cat nap :P
ive done that at the lights before... and the micro sleeps behind the wheel. a lot of them.

they are scary as all hell. i seriously will be dirving down the motorway on my way home, not tired, not feeling fatigued, or restless or all the other symptoms but deadset just open my eyes up and i will be like wtf. i hate them :(
Old 29-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #212
iCat
doof doof doof doof

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&BXR6
i've parked at traffic lights waiting for them to turn green, and woke up with someone honking at me coz the lights changed :P
finished up nightshift one morning, driving home through Melb CBD, came to set of red lights, sat there and watched them change: green, orange, red, green, orange, red, green, orange, red, pretty lights. divvy van sitting right next to me, when i finally decide to proceed they of course pulled me over. copper comes up to the window and says "what were you doing exactly back there?" to which i replied "having a power nap".

he had no sense of humour that morning lmao
Old 01-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #213
Lightning Strike XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Back at work t night and also Sunday night

Should go quick like usual

www.bseries.com.au/04xr6

Buying or Selling property in Melbourne PM me!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #214
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm back on days now , 7:00am start, 3:30pm finish, till monday, then god knows lol, all day shifts from now on though, but i will keep chatting to you poor folks on nights
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

After a patient 2 years...
Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
Old 02-05-2009, 05:35 AM   #215
Lightning Strike XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great news.

Half an hour to go yew!

www.bseries.com.au/04xr6

Old 06-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #216
outside
off in outer space

another two nights now for me, didnt do the last ones as the misses was not feeling the best.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #217
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Night shift overtime WooHoo!
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
Old 12-05-2009, 04:44 AM   #218
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

meant to be on tonite but in the last week or so ive been having problems with my sleep pattern sore joints and the odd head ache
im sleeping from 1 to a few hours and up for a while and so on and quite fatigued (no good for driving road trains)
off to the doc's tomorrow to see whats up with me

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 12-05-2009, 05:19 AM   #219
5L
[ 5L ]

its my nightoff tonight, last night is friday then ive got 5 weeks off.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 12-05-2009, 05:22 AM   #220
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

half your luck bud
i may be off for a day or two but ill be back at it very soon

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 15-05-2009, 02:39 AM   #221
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

Do you guys hate night shift as much as I do. Redbull, V, Mother just dont work nothing keeps me awake all night. Sometimes I wonder how I get home in the mornings.
Old 15-05-2009, 04:19 AM   #222
outside
off in outer space

been doing shift work for 29 years, so its a way of life for me. was doing 8 hours shifts at first, then 12 hours became the go, been doing them for 12 years or more now.
Never taken anything to try and stay awake, if you have to rely on something the maybe night works not for you.
Old 15-05-2009, 04:25 AM   #223
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

I was on day shift for 11 years then times got tough for my employer so they forced me on nights about 8 months ago. I thought I would be used to it by now, I would love to resign but in the current climate I think it would be hard to get a job else where.
Old 15-05-2009, 06:25 AM   #224
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm back on days now, 5am starts, im enjoying the interaction with the consumers, but i did a night shift overtime last wednesday night, it threw me off, i got booked with cruise control still on, 70 in a 40 *construction* zone
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
Old 15-05-2009, 07:51 AM   #225
iCat
doof doof doof doof

my last day of day shift today, back to nights next week, and i cannot wait. i hate dayshift with a passion - up at 3.45am, i can just never get enough sleep. nightshift i know i can relax and snooze the whole day if i want. i think nightshift - it either works for you or doesn't.

hey, and i get a weekend off this week - woo hoo!! now that's a rarity! :1syellow1
Old 15-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #226
5L
[ 5L ]

last night tonight ;)

WOTDAH- i used to drink all the energy drinks to stay awake and alert on night shift, havnt touched one in about 9 months though. i was finding that the days where i didnt drink them i would get tired and grumpy very fast.

im used to it now, and prefer it. less traffic to deal with, more time and freedom during the days. i mean if i worked day shift i would come home and watch tv then go to bed. at the moment i can wake up at 2-3pm then go out. in summer it is boiling hot during the day where i sleep with the air con on. winter time its cold all the time so that doesnt matter. oh and we get payed more
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 15-05-2009, 08:33 AM   #227
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Im a carpenter and just finished a week of night work, 5pm-1am. I dont mind it, we do it every so often working in office buildings, having to wait till everyone goes home before we start. Didnt need anything to keep me awake either and as iCat said, got most of the day to sleep if needed. I found I got way more sleep doing nights compared to waking up at 4am for day work

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
Old 16-05-2009, 05:18 AM   #228
Lightning Strike XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here now at work. Just finnished all work now just wait to knock off.

www.bseries.com.au/04xr6

Old 16-05-2009, 06:34 AM   #229
Mark s
1.3 Litre Suzuki power

I am an hour off finishing my last shift for 3 days. I am going straight from work to finish a course with the Rural Fire service today and tomorrow. Boy I am going to be a bundle of joy this afternoon.

I work 8 hour shifts, Day 6:30 - 2:30 Afternoon 2:30 - 10:30 and nights 10:30 - 6:30. after doing it for 8 years i struggle after the 2nd nightshift.

Still the shifts allow me more time to do things than a normal 9 - 5 job and I get nice sleep in on afternoon shifts and get to visit the gym before going to work.

Working weekends suck, when there is bike, car racing or get togethers with family/friends and you have to go to work.

Cheers
Mark

EF 4lt 1995 in Green on LPG. To and from work hack.

XY Fairmont 1971 in Bronze Wine, 302, Top Loader, 9" Still trying to find out if she is a GS or plain jane Monty.

Mustang 1966 coupe, Silver frost, A code, C4, factory bench seat, A/C, P/S rally pac, AM radio with 8 track. Awaiting funds for resto.

K6 Hayabusa....Dead Stock and why would one need to spend thousands on mods.................
Old 07-06-2009, 04:59 AM   #230
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Back on nights again this thread still alive?
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
Old 07-06-2009, 06:39 AM   #231
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNBXR
Back on nights again this thread still alive?
The thread is....more than I can say about me at the moment :
R.I.P. Jarrad 22/05/83 - 08/12/02
Old 07-06-2009, 07:28 AM   #232
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well i think im off to bed early then but then again after working nites then working 3 pm to 3 am for six months - friday they told me im back on the 6 pm till 8 am nites again , well for monday n tuesday then back to the 3 - 3

oh and as i said .... nite :

Old 07-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #233
outside
off in outer space

nights for me again tonight as always only two of them, but last week they had a guy working in my job who only does it once in a blue moon, (they have cut overtime back to all but nil) and he stuck the whole furnace together, 138 billets, on one of the zones the gas valve stuck open and he didnt know :
so they are working o/t shifts this weekend to make up of lost production. no quite night for me this week.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:33 PM   #234
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We've gone from 5 HSO4's, to 14.... so Overtime is non existent, but i'm still on a perm line

*pets his laptop* good old Warcraft at work gotta love it.
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
Old 09-06-2009, 05:34 AM   #235
outside
off in outer space

well almost done for another week. looking forward to the 4 days off.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:34 AM   #236
outside
off in outer space

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNBXR
We've gone from 5 HSO4's, to 14.... so Overtime is non existent, but i'm still on a perm line

*pets his laptop* good old Warcraft at work gotta love it.
HSO4's????
Old 09-06-2009, 05:35 AM   #237
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh my nite is fun - when running nites we run pallets of product from our wearhouse out to a company that uses it (running a production line) we usualy run 16 pallets a run 8 to 10 runs a 12 hour shift
been here 9 hrs and have only moved 3 tonite sleep: gettin so borin

Old 09-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #238
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ahh almost forgot what a sunrise was like no its time to slee sleep: sleep: sleep:

Old 09-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #239
outside
off in outer space

well back again tonight for an o/t shift, they wanted to use a guy who is not signed off for the job, but when i pointed that out and with what happened the other week, they come to the party, so here i am night work #3 out of 5 shifts
Old 09-06-2009, 10:03 PM   #240
BlueKoop
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last night till Sunday for me.... everyother day and night doing home renos

1973 Vivid Blue Pearl XB Coupe

Engine Build up and progress thread

New Car

2008 FG F6 Ute
Closed Thread