Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #211
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Default Re: Stupid number plates and badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly
What state are you in? As here in Qld, they've just finished the R plates and have now started with S plates.

But I used to run old plates on my WRX as the combination worked for the car. Plus back then they were only $180 to buy.

In Qld now you can make up any 3 letter 3 number or 3 number 3 letter plate and as long as it isn't in use, you can buy it.

In S.A, so I made a slight error quoting your comments. My apologises.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #212
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

I have been thinking of putting custom bonnet bulge stickers on my BF xr8, to read BOSS 5408 instead of Boss 260 to suit my current numberplate.

Its 540ATE, as in 5408cc engine. Was 3 and 3, so had to come up with something ok and still get a cheap custom plate. Yes its on the FPV background, yes i know the XR8 is not an FPV. The engine has an FPV prefix so thats good enough.

My AU ute was GETUTED (NT), and once it died, i got NO UTE on my first
XR8 in memorium.

My buell's plate is 96 XES

I don't think any of these were stupid.

Now something for the trailer.....lol

Last edited by my_gxl; 11-02-2012 at 10:42 PM.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #213
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl
I have been thinking of putting custom bonnet bulge stickers on my BF xr8, to read BOSS 5408 instead of Boss 260.

My current numberplate is 540ATE, as in 5408cc engine. Was 3 and 3, so had to come up with something ok and still get a cheap custom plate. Yes its on the FPV background, yes i know the XR8 is not an FPV. The engine has an FPV prefix so thats good enough.

My AU ute was GETUTED (NT), and once it died, i got NO UTE on my first
XR8 in memorium.

I don't think any of these were stupid.
lol, im getting my forum name on my bonnet stripes, and my plates (when ppq finally send them) are FGV854. imo, i couldnt care less if someone thinks theyre stupid, cos theres only one person paying for them, and hes the only one that has to like them.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #214
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

few more stickers and my car will be finished
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1079.JPG (124.4 KB, 372 views)
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #215
dylby1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
lol, im getting my forum name on my bonnet stripes, and my plates (when ppq finally send them) are FGV854. imo, i couldnt care less if someone thinks theyre stupid, cos theres only one person paying for them, and hes the only one that has to like them.
yeah ill be getting my cars nickname for my bulge, which hopefully when ive got the money will become my numberplates too

my mates always call it "the fntm" (thats how they write it because theyre trying to make me get the plates done soon) so im gunna get fntmxr for my plates and bulge if its still available at that stage

1993 Honda VFR750F
dylby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #216
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC
I'd love to see a Holden badge on a 57 Chev.

They did it to the 1927 chev, assmbled by holden.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #217
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
lol, im getting my forum name on my bonnet stripes, and my plates (when ppq finally send them) are FGV854.
I think they're cool!

I've been trying to think of some sort of combo now that they've released all the plates but I've come up with nothing exciting.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #218
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

I think a nickname on a car is a pretty cool idea. As long as its executed right.
For example, a big vinyl sticker on the back window saying "DAVO" or something would be stupid. Opinionated i know, but its gotta be done a certain way for me.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:49 PM   #219
KRL-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonkymofo
why put a chev badge on a holden? honestly, it does nothing. doesnt even make it look better. if you want a cleaner look, debadge the WHOLE car.

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447916
KRL-94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 12:01 AM   #220
d.jaime.v
XR51SM

i got xr6 writtin on my bonnet bulge decal and on the wing decal.
changing from my nickname plates
which are VA-11-VO - Valvo
to
XR-51-SM - Exorcism
and getting XRSISM for my new buldge decals

if the driver likes it and is willing to pay for what he likes, then that person should be most welcome to it... i thought it was always, - everyone to there own... but get them mate, i reckon it would look awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylby1
yeah ill be getting my cars nickname for my bulge, which hopefully when ive got the money will become my numberplates too

my mates always call it "the fntm" (thats how they write it because theyre trying to make me get the plates done soon) so im gunna get fntmxr for my plates and bulge if its still available at that stage
BA Mk II Xr6 | XR-SI-SM | 20"ZenettiThrowbacks |Xr8BOSSbonnet | XRbadges | DualCobaltGauges Oil Pressure/Water Temp | Xplode twin 12" sub hooked into an Fusion mono block amp | WindowTint | PacemakerExtractors4490, Venom100cellCat, 2.5" Xforce Catback, Into 2" dual exhaust onto dogs and quad tips | custom BF Taillights | Ultra low King Springs all round! | DJR320 KIT
d.jaime.v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:05 AM   #221
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by koles347
why put a chev badge on a holden? honestly, it does nothing. doesnt even make it look better. if you want a cleaner look, debadge the WHOLE car.
Not my car guy. Just snapped it on the iPhone
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:54 AM   #222
babyf6
Young Ford Enthusiast

Saw a holden rodeo with a nissan badge, and mitsubishi stock rims

also a holden ss ute with a ford falcon badge on it

Some people are either bored, have low standards of amusement or are epic fails
babyf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #223
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyf6
Some people are either bored, have low standards of amusement or are epic fails
true, but that statement also holds true with the people complaining about badges, rims, number plates and family stickers on cars

why does anyone care what they do - are they just trying to pretend they are smart enough to know the badge or wheels are wrong, because that to me is the epic fail. we all see them, but it seems some think they are the only ones to notice and therefore it is their duty to inform the masses of common people. it seems we have a lot of sheldon cooper's on this forum
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #224
Psi-Pop
on the way to the RSL

I had EFWAGN plates on my... EF Wagon.

I have PSI-POP plates for my ED but it isn't registered with those plates as they sort of kill the sleeper look i wanted. I just use them for track days or shows etc. I just got them cos that's the nickname the car got one night in the shed and i loved it.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #225
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by koles347

Why advertise who powers your car? Ford have done it for years.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 12-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #226
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
Why advertise who powers your car? Ford have done it for years.
Fitting a Chevrolet badge on a Commodore is as silly as fitting a Falcon badge on a Cortina or Jeep or a Mustang badge on an XR8.

The LSx engines are NOT Chevrolet engines they are GM engines that are fitted to, apart from Holden and Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Pontiac, Cadillac, Saab, Elfin and Mosler just to name a few.

I have always wondered why so many have the bow-tie. Surely they are not embarrassed by the lion badge.......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #227
dragon91

I just bought my last name on a number plate, well its pretty close,
Name: LEWIS
Plate: LEW155

I feel quite pleased with myself haha.

I tried for just LEW15 but some smarty beat me (probs by a number of years)
dragon91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #228
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I have always wondered why so many have the bow-tie. Surely they are not embarrassed by the lion badge.......

Old 80's trend as far as i know...i think it stemmed from those who replaced the 308 with whatever sort of chev.

There is a big dollar torana being built with a Masarati badge on it...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #229
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Fitting a Chevrolet badge on a Commodore is as silly as fitting a Falcon badge on a Cortina or Jeep or a Mustang badge on an XR8.

The LSx engines are NOT Chevrolet engines they are GM engines that are fitted to, apart from Holden and Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Pontiac, Cadillac, Saab, Elfin and Mosler just to name a few.

Personally I can't see anything wrong with fitting a Chev badge on a Crappadore if it's a V8 powered one that actually has the Chev engine fitted. After all, Ford have there 6 and 8 cyl rocker covers embossed with "powered by Ford" don't they? Only difference is, you don't see the powered by Ford until the bonnet is up. So the Crappadore owners seem to be proud of their power plants, where as Ford don't seem to be.

Before you go shooting me down in flames, I'm not trying to be biased here. Mearly querying why Ford would advertise their power plant the way they do, yet when a Crappadore owner advertises his power plant the way he does, it's so wrong/silly or what ever other downgrading way it can be put.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #230
buggo
[BU66OS]

Quote:
Personally I can't see anything wrong with fitting a Chev badge on a Crappadore if it's a V8 powered one that actually has the Chev engine fitted. After all, Ford have there 6 and 8 cyl rocker covers embossed with "powered by Ford" don't they? Only difference is, you don't see the powered by Ford until the bonnet is up. So the Crappadore owners seem to be proud of their power plants, where as Ford don't seem to be.

Before you go shooting me down in flames, I'm not trying to be biased here. Mearly querying why Ford would advertise their power plant the way they do, yet when a Crappadore owner advertises his power plant the way he does, it's so wrong/silly or what ever other downgrading way it can be put.
It's not a chev engine, it's a GM engine.
It's used in chev cars, yes, but they had as much to do with it as Holden did at making it.
And Ford owners aren't proud of their 'powered by Ford' engine, because they don't put Ford badges on the car?

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #231
Hayden1

Theres an EF driving around the shire with holden badges on it...
Hayden1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #232
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggo_gt
It's not a chev engine, it's a GM engine.
It's used in chev cars, yes, but they had as much to do with it as Holden did at making it.
And Ford owners aren't proud of their 'powered by Ford' engine, because they don't put Ford badges on the car?

Still advertising engine maker, so what is the problem?

Problem seems to be others making a song and dance about it looking out of place.

Old 13-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #233
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:

Problem seems to be others making a song and dance about it looking out of place.
I have Ford badges on my Ford. It came with them

I guess the thing is that the people who have Chev badges no longer have any Holden badges on the car and let's face it, the car is built by Holden. Maybe they are too embarrassed by the Holden badge

What I'd like to see is a VL commodore with Nissan badges.
Old 13-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #234
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:

Mate, as has been pointed out by others, its not a chev engine (GM) hence it is different to why Fords have a Ford badge on them....

If find it a little strange the chev badge "thing", but no where is near as bad as some of the license plate disasters iver read in ths thread.....ha ha
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #235
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly

What I'd like to see is a VL commodore with Nissan badges.
Ive seen VLs with Nismo stickers on them That's pretty close.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #236
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden1
Theres an EF driving around the shire with holden badges on it...
Obviously a modern Plankmann Special...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonkymofo
What the hell is a Chevrolet Aveo...?
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #237
cazzba
Starter Motor

Ive always thought of getting a N.A,G. sticker on my ute.

Natually Aspirated Grunt.

Haven't done it yet.

two meanings, funny I think

2002 BA 5 Speed XLS ute
XR6T conversion
XR8 Bonnet

WORKING PROGRESS
cazzba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2012, 12:56 AM   #238
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This thread: BA-BF diff cradle removal for diff bushes 

Quote:

Boss bulge.. No mistaking that...
Full Difilippo big boy exhaust /4.5" body ballistic metal cats / boss 315 plenum & twin throttle body coupled to bpr airbox / powerbond underdrives / herrod 290 cams / malwood opt 3+ / hrs Pegasus rims 19x8.5 front - 9.5 rear / nitto invo 245-35-19F & 275-35-19R / whiteline swaybars/ Under bonnet bling / 4.11 harrop truetrac

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

supercharged 363 dart takes on au work ute http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11342906
SIMBAD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #239
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Now I get it. Because the car didn't come out of the factory with these badges, it's wrong......

Same applies with any other sort of mix-match items done after it was originally built.

How silly of me

Old 14-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #240
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Thumbs up Re: Stupid number plates and badges

Quote:

How silly indeed.... you have openly called it a crappadore in this thread yet shot people down in flames in the past for making similar derogatory statements and proclaimed we are being one eyed,brand biased and childish.

lol you make me laugh champ
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post