Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 20-04-2020, 07:13 AM   #1951
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Ahh... Covid19... The perfect opportunity for Victoria to adopt The long touted “pay by km” system.
15c per km and $1.00 per km in CBD... Even with rego & stamp-duty waived, going to be expensive if you do 20-30,000kms a year!

http://amp.abc.net.au/article/12158612
Yeah so instead of costing $700/year it'll cost me $4500/year at a minimum because I do 30,000km/year just driving to and from work alone.

If only we all worked in the CBD and had public transport access.

If this is implemented, officially change my stance on holding China accountable for COVID-19 from DEFCON 4 to DEFCON 1

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 20-04-2020 at 07:31 AM.
This user likes this post:
Old 20-04-2020, 07:15 AM   #1952
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
Don't know whether this has been mentioned here in this thread before or not.
(Too many pages now to go back and check).

But looking at the latest figures of infection in some of the worst hit countries, and taking each of their respective total population's into account, here are your chances of getting Covid-19 d there;

USA - 1 in 3,300 people
Spain - 1 in 238 people
Italy - 1 in 343 people
France - 1 in 430 people
Iceland - 1 in 193
Belgium - 1 in 301 people
Switzerland - 1 in 312 people
Ireland - 1 in 334 people

Now imagine if social distancing was not in place, imagine attending a music concert or other crowded sporting event?

Puts the seriousness of the virus threat into perspective when you look at the figures in that way.
If you look at the data that way then the USA seems like it's doing the best to mitigate the pandemic because you have the least chance of contracting it by a mile compared to all the other countries on that list.
Old 20-04-2020, 07:38 AM   #1953
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Correction. 12,000-61,000 deaths per year from influenza. It was Barry Obama's administration that sat on its hands during H1N1 and waited for 1700 deaths before Barry bothered to do anything.
Each time you call him Barry or Hussein it directly affects him.
He cries out in pain and then yells "that anonymous bloke from Australia just got me again, damn!"

I'm guessing you may believe another conspiracy doing the rounds that.tens of thousands of starving and sexually abused children have just been found in a hidden tunnel leading to the Clinton Foundation?
Old 20-04-2020, 07:46 AM   #1954
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
He cries out in pain and then yells "that anonymous bloke from Australia just got me again, damn!"

I'm guessing you may believe another conspiracy doing the rounds that.tens of thousands of starving and sexually abused children have just been found in a hidden tunnel leading to the Clinton Foundation?
Given your nonsensical cries claiming racism in other threads to shut down discussion, maybe you should change your forum username to ccp000 as that seems more appropriate.
5 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2020, 07:54 AM   #1955
superyob
Banned

Quote:

Barry is a commonly used name for Obama. Hillary will be in jail soon...
Old 20-04-2020, 08:14 AM   #1956
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Barry is a commonly used name for Obama. Hillary will be in jail soon...
So do you believe that rumour i posted?
Old 20-04-2020, 08:23 AM   #1957
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Given your nonsensical cries claiming racism in other threads to shut down discussion, maybe you should change your forum username to ccp000 as that seems more appropriate.
Nice claim except that i actually encourage discussion.

Racism is bad and i call it out even if those posting it are ignorant of their own racist ways.
Removal of racist statements or undertones doesn't stop a discussion.
Old 20-04-2020, 09:03 AM   #1958
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

If saving Virgin is such a good thing, why doesn't an industry superfund pony up and save it by buying it and operating it? It would be a win-win, they'd be keeping Australian's employed as well as showing their prowess in managing a business.

Or maybe Gina, Pratt or Twiggy using some of their pocket cash could save Virgin?

Instead, the instigators of this global pandemic "the CCP" are circling to buy Virgin??
Old 20-04-2020, 09:17 AM   #1959
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
If saving Virgin is such a good thing, why doesn't an industry superfund pony up and save it by buying it and operating it? It would be a win-win, they'd be keeping Australian's employed as well as showing their prowess in managing a business.

Or maybe Gina, Pratt or Twiggy using some of their pocket cash could save Virgin?
I agree with this
Old 20-04-2020, 09:21 AM   #1960
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Because the trustees of super funds have an obligation to invest their members' funds wisely. Virgin isn't that.

Quote:
Same applies for the CEOs of public companies.

Quote:
Instead, the instigators of this global pandemic "the CCP" are circling to buy Virgin??
If you've got bottomless pits of money, well why wouldn't you?

Virgin is a badly run company that doesn't deserve rescuing.
6 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2020, 09:34 AM   #1961
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Nice claim except that i actually encourage discussion.

Racism is bad and i call it out even if those posting it are ignorant of their own racist ways.
Removal of racist statements or undertones doesn't stop a discussion.
Oh the irony. Laughable. Downright laughable. Topic for another thread...
Old 20-04-2020, 09:44 AM   #1962
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

We had 26 new cases and 1 death yesterday and the CMR rose to 1.074%.
The USA CMR also rose to 5.281% although the number of deaths was lower than the previous days.
The UK added another >5k cases but saw an improvement in CMR to 13.376% as the fatalities dropped from the ~800 level they had been at, to ~500.
Although NZ only had 9 new cases, the one death was enough to life their CMR to 0.839%.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2020, 10:37 AM   #1963
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looking at rough numbers it appears that Australia has recorded 1 death for every 360,000 people,whereas USA has 1 death for every 8700 people,so, I reckon with our pretty tight regulations we are a long way ahead of the game compared to others.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2020, 10:42 AM   #1964
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
What are we achieving by comparison?
Sorry...I missed your post....To be honest I don't know..The 40 percent thing was what they said on the news story is the minimum to get an accurate assessment of the cases apparently...U.S. said to be about half that... Today reported they do about 150,000 a day..with 340 million it'll take a while to do the number ...Good question on what ours is...hope it's close to 40 PC..someone here might know...Ah well back to stripping floors at work...break time over... cheers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Mystique was a green / blue. Fordomatics previous FG XR6T was Mystique. Top colour when detailed to the nth degree.
Old 20-04-2020, 10:49 AM   #1965
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Google Worldometer coronavirus its updated live.....interesting stas

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 20-04-2020, 11:08 AM   #1966
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
The younger generation nowadays jump up in a blind rage to anything they claim to be an offence to there indoctrination, sadly they are that shallow and short sighted dupes that they do not understand the difference between prejudice and a point about any racial subject at all, it's all taboo ! You are not fitting in to the Marxist plan !

So we now have COVID 19 and it's the same type of thing you get back, We will tell you what it is, don't think for yourself, or you are offending them lot of good for nothing cry baby's.

I Remember back in 1970 C.H.U.M.P and A.P.E and Baron Von Bucher saying it's all coming together za Vorld plan of every leader coming under their control.
Remember the singing Sheikh, Ali Assa Seen Trololo La la la la Laaaaaa !
They had to stop that show because too much truth was in it all.
Old 20-04-2020, 11:15 AM   #1967
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

The surprising face of the Australians who plan to claim the $1500 JobKeeper allowance has been revealed and it’s not who you might expect.

Some interesting stats;

australians-who-plan-to-claim-the-1500-jobkeeper-allowance-has-been-revealed
Old 20-04-2020, 11:23 AM   #1968
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

QLD are reporting no cases for the past 24 hours
Old 20-04-2020, 11:25 AM   #1969
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
The younger generation nowadays jump up in a blind rage to anything they claim to be an offence to there indoctrination, sadly they are that shallow and short sighted dupes that they do not understand the difference between prejudice and a point about any racial subject at all, it's all taboo ! You are not fitting in to the Marxist plan !
I am by no means an expert on Marxism, could you please explain the connection of racism and being PC to Marxism? Appreciated
Old 20-04-2020, 11:30 AM   #1970
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross 1 View Post
I am by no means an expert on Marxism, could you please explain the connection of racism and being PC to Marxism? Appreciated
Everyone is equal and therefore must think alike. NPC cartoons will explain this easily for you.
Old 20-04-2020, 12:01 PM   #1971
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
The surprising face of the Australians who plan to claim the $1500 JobKeeper allowance has been revealed and it’s not who you might expect.

Some interesting stats;

australians-who-plan-to-claim-the-1500-jobkeeper-allowance-has-been-revealed
Thy're just better at reading & filling out forms than a lot of People..
Old 20-04-2020, 12:11 PM   #1972
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post

So we now have COVID 19 and it's the same type of thing you get back, We will tell you what it is, don't think for yourself, or you are offending them lot of good for nothing cry baby's.

I Remember back in 1970 C.H.U.M.P and A.P.E and Baron Von Bucher saying it's all coming together za Vorld plan of every leader coming under their control.
Remember the singing Sheikh, Ali Assa Seen Trololo La la la la Laaaaaa !
They had to stop that show because too much truth was in it all.
Correction. A small amount of young people take offence or give credence to social justice issues. Most are normal people who do not give a crap about these things...
Old 20-04-2020, 12:17 PM   #1973
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Equality. Everyone is equal. Utter garbage.

Off topic, but the definition of 'racism' is so convoluted and meaningless that even those who still persist in using this tired word have no idea what it means. Good topic for another thread...
Old 20-04-2020, 12:19 PM   #1974
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about trying to understand it. It's just a rebuttal thrown out there by people who spend their lives on the internet arguing about things.
Old 20-04-2020, 01:48 PM   #1975
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
I wouldn't worry about trying to understand it. It's just a rebuttal thrown out there by people who spend their lives on the internet arguing about things.
But they may have read it on the internet, so it must be true!
Old 20-04-2020, 02:25 PM   #1976
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Equality. Everyone is equal. Utter garbage.

Off topic, but the definition of 'racism' is so convoluted and meaningless that even those who still persist in using this tired word have no idea what it means. Good topic for another thread...
Everyone isn't equal in Marxism, even Marx divided it into two classes and the manifesto of the communist party even adds a further two classes to that.
If you want to find something that brainwashes its followers into all thinking the same thing maybe reference mainstream religion instead, they have even written big books on how to think and act, plus weekly meetings to drum it into you.

Definition for racism hasn't changed.

racism
/ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: racism
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
Old 20-04-2020, 02:43 PM   #1977
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Looking at rough numbers it appears that Australia has recorded 1 death for every 360,000 people,whereas USA has 1 death for every 8700 people,so, I reckon with our pretty tight regulations we are a long way ahead of the game compared to others.
Yes doing well, but....a thing that does not appear to show up is that Aus & NZ are in summer/warmer mode while all those other places got hit middle of their winter period. I do wonder how much effect this has had on the spread... just curious
Old 20-04-2020, 02:46 PM   #1978
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Everyone isn't equal in Marxism, even Marx divided it into two classes and the manifesto of the communist party even adds a further two classes to that.
If you want to find something that brainwashes its followers into all thinking the same thing maybe reference mainstream religion instead, they have even written big books on how to think and act, plus weekly meetings to drum it into you.

Definition for racism hasn't changed.

racism
/ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: racism
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
They forgot this part

*Only seems to apply to white people

8 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2020, 02:51 PM   #1979
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Not a trick question, but if you had to choose one racial appellation for yourself, what would it be?
Old 20-04-2020, 02:56 PM   #1980
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
6 users like this post:
Closed Thread