Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-09-2006, 10:43 PM   #1
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longreach
Speaking of crazy money, people that drive the huge trains up North. A women used to drive the large haul trucks, she quit that on the mines went and got her train licence, first year somthing like 80grand, and working its way up to around 350g if i remember correct, and another bloke was on just under half mil, for driving those huge trains. 8 days on 6 off, something like that.
It would have to be a boreing job, but i guess you'd be sittin there just dropping 2$ coins in a jar in essence
Are you talking about driving interstate freight trains or trians that are used in the mines.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 10:52 PM   #2
Longreach

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Are you talking about driving interstate freight trains or trians that are used in the mines.
To be perfectly honest i can't remember, i'm pritty sure there the really long coal trains. It was quite some time ago that we were talking about it, january i think. But the figures have always stuck in my mind.
Longreach is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 11:00 PM   #3
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The coal trains are between 3 to 5 ks long and only travel in the state, to go interstate there broken down to about 2ks long.

AFAIR

In Qld the trains that run from Blackwater/ Emerald to Gladstone loading wharf are about 2 to 3 ks long.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post