Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-11-2006, 02:27 PM   #271
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
What was interesting to see was the average age of the punters at the BAII release nights, its getting up their, or is that just me? younger folk up north in the mines and all but I'd say most are over 45.......

The Force range may be an option here, for the more sedate croud, not my cup of tea, I want the lare boy racer style anyday please.

If I wanted a BMW or Merc (and yes I have owned one) or Audi etc etc I'd buy one and drive round in comfort, get treated like a snob etc but I'd rather have something well better....

Its all personal preference but I still think limited market and where was the market research any ways? people asking for a turbo Fairmont at dealers....and their you have the force6

I also reckon that anyone who orders one with the red interior will see about $5000-$10000 less at trade in time too (same as the merc-glad mine wasnt red hey!)

How many FPV dealers 70? mabey one for each, lol.
It's precisely the point...

I cant understand why you're all so disappointed.

The Force cars offer that Senator/TS50 S1 type look, whilst the GT/F6 offer the boy racer appeal.

Im not talking pricing or what, but thats the market. It's not removing the boy racer favouring the sports luxury, its offering BOTH
Old 02-11-2006, 03:12 PM   #272
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
I cant understand why you're all so disappointed.

The Force cars offer that Senator/TS50 S1 type look, whilst the GT/F6 offer the boy racer appeal.

Im not talking pricing or what, but thats the market. It's not removing the boy racer favouring the sports luxury, its offering BOTH
It’s hard to not talk price. It isn't the look for me; I was and still am a big fan of the series 2 TS50. That car with the T3 engine would probably be my favourite Ford of all time had it eventuated.

I don’t understand why they didn't introduce these Force cars with the BF range.

These are my issues with the force cars.

The Senator has the best brake package that E series offer (there is now only one) given the demographic the Force cars should come with this package standard or give the rears the four pistons.

If that couldn't be done then they really should have given the owners a choice of free DVD sat Nav or sunroof. I understand that both these features seem to have high retained value in at least the Melbourne market.

Lastly if you bring out a new premium model, don’t use carry over wheels. The F6 and the GT-P both have new wheels. If it were me I would have left the GT wheel range alone and given the F6 its new rims and given the force cars the now new GT-P rim.

As I have said before I probably would have given the GT-P a holiday till Orion then have the situation they have now but that is me.

Personally depending on the quality of the red leather I think it great FPV have offered it. I like contrasting interiors and while I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea it is far getter then the GTS where the seats get undone by too much red in the rest of the car. If FPV had put some black inserts in the red then I would have no complaints.

How much all this would have added to the bottom line I am not sure and it’s easy for someone who isn't paying the bill to comment on.

The Force range is frustrating because it’s so close. Its just really small details that let it down. This is a situation where this forum could really have been beneficial to just altering the final package like the stripe package and the bonnet bulge in the original BA cars.

There are 10 or so guy son this forum that I wouldn't hesitate to consult with product packaging and the emphasis is on PACKAGING
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #273
photn
AFF Post NAZI

i thnk ford have set this up so that when the next model released Iosis project or what ever the codename is for the next model is. that there will be a MAJOR increase in design, performance and luxry plus styling......they may actually be worth buying with the next model release.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #274
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
i thnk ford have set this up so that when the next model released Iosis project or what ever the codename is for the next model is. that there will be a MAJOR increase in design, performance and luxry plus styling......they may actually be worth buying with the next model release.
I don’t think there is much doubt about that but the question is does releasing product that is slightly underdone give momentum into a new model or harm a new name plate?

Are you better to save the money from this launch and spend into when you are better able to or spend a bit more now and give the emphasis a new range should possess ?
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 05:55 PM   #275
RS500
RB 25 TURBO USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 290
your telling crap you didnt order no force car not knowing the power or price and the srt is an over weight peice of crap that some pimp wannabe would drive....and the ghia bf2 does not look better then any of the fpv ranges. the reason ford and fpv have not upt the power with their cars is because most people dont upgrade their cars for atleast 5 years time....orion will be 5 years after ba and that will see an improvement in power, weight etc. fpv have not increase power for 4 years so orion will be a welcome change but fpv keeping the power the same has added for great re-sale and id bet an 03 fpv would fetch more money the an 03 hsv which are constaly upping the power

Did you read what i wrote?

I said that we ordered one for our DEALERSHIP TO SELL not for myself. We knew that it was going to use the same engines and have the same power as the current FPV models.

I also said that I believe that the Fairmont GHIA looks better than an XR falcon not the FPV

And I want to know where these 70 cars are. I have just been on the ford system and did a search there are only 46 ordered from now until next year. And none of those are maked as retail units (sold)
RS500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 06:46 PM   #276
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I have had my play with a Force 6 now.

Outside: looks good, subtle but stylish

Inside: Pretty much the same as the F6 except for a few bits of leather and the nice electric seats which were a tiny bit too RED for my liking.

Other than that it was pretty good. This one had the 6 spot brembos and was EGO. Other than the colour of the seats and lack of satnav I would definitely concider it.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 11:53 PM   #277
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS500
Did you read what i wrote?

I said that we ordered one for our DEALERSHIP TO SELL not for myself. We knew that it was going to use the same engines and have the same power as the current FPV models.

I also said that I believe that the Fairmont GHIA looks better than an XR falcon not the FPV

And I want to know where these 70 cars are. I have just been on the ford system and did a search there are only 46 ordered from now until next year. And none of those are maked as retail units (sold)
sorry mate i thought you said you orderd it from the dealership....how could fpv not tell you the prices before you orderd? and in your comment about the ghia you said it was the best looking bf2 (that includes fpv's) so i just assumed you included them due to the fact we were discussing the force models.
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 12:03 AM   #278
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

Inside: Pretty much the same as the F6 except for a few bits of leather and the nice electric seats which were a tiny bit too RED for my liking.
We seen a Forced 6 at FPV HQ last week it had black leather, looks better.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 12:53 PM   #279
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

The WA boys get a chance to see the new models tonight.... :

With all the talk I can't wait to see them in the flesh.
It will be interesting to see what they have brought over from the East as I know
there was no Force 6 at the Vic launch. (and it just happens to be what the old bloke is looking at getting) :
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 10:12 PM   #280
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalpunk
Is it an all out performance vehicle or is it a luxury car with performance car intentions?

HSV were able to do it with the Grange.
And they only sold 90 of them this year so far. Fairlanes have half the appeal of the Grange and they wouldn't even sell 20 of them. They only sold around 30 TL50's over 3 series, what makes the new Fairlane any different. Its not worth spending a cent on as it a dead duck that just won't sell. HSV have said they only make the Grange because they can export them.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #281
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Force 8 Info...

Force 8
Ford Performance Vehicles introduce brute force, understated. The latest additions to the FPV range of high performance machines - the Force 6 and Force 8 luxury saloons. Both models are striking high performance cars with immense power, unique styling cues and fine luxury appointments.

The Force 6 is powered by the same engine as the F6 Typhoon - a turbo charged 24 valve six with an amazing 550 Nm of torque.

The Force 8 moves you with a 32 valve quad cam Boss V8, an engine comparable to Europe's best. The Force 8 is further enhanced with a unique FPV dual exhaust system and Boss V8 bonnet design.

Both offer the technologically advanced ZF 6 speed automatic transmission - a German gearbox design used by BMW and Aston Martin. This is an automatic that tailors its performance to your individual driving style, while shifting you, effortlessly
www.fpv.com.au
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 06:06 PM   #282
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

I heard that both these car are limited numbers run.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:37 PM   #283
billyb35

I initially said what a waste but given the choice, a black Force 6 fully optioned is close to my dream car. Luxo F6, sweet.

I do question the place of the Force 8 though up against a GT-P. A spolier's worth of difference.

Also, what happened to a LWB FPV?
billyb35 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 07:58 PM   #284
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

: GTP with red seats
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #285
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

News, just of the press.....well about 2 months ago anyway.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #286
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Could be wrong but I think this maybe a test car to see if people prefer this over the LWB cars. If so, it may sound the death knell for the Fairlane and LTD???
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #287
Hawk
I am The Brain!

That doesn't sound too far-fetched Paull, in fact it sounds very close to the money. I would say the future of LWB luxo barges adorned with a blue oval is looking shaky.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 09:43 PM   #288
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Given the price, better off buying V8 fairmont ghia, and then putting AWC FPV kit on it.. all ford has done, and you save inxcess of 25k in process....

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #289
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Threads merged

Old 12-11-2006, 05:17 AM   #290
alexcs
Starter Motor

flogged both around the yard last few days, theyre just gt's and typhoons in cheap clothing. shiny mirrors, shitty boot lips..what more do you want? pay the extra for an F6 or GT, these things scream cheap.
alexcs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 12:23 PM   #291
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcs
flogged both around the yard last few days, theyre just gt's and typhoons in cheap clothing. shiny mirrors, shitty boot lips..what more do you want? pay the extra for an F6 or GT, these things scream cheap.
They cost more than GT and a F6...

Old 13-11-2006, 02:34 PM   #292
aualright

Was this article from Goauto.com.au missed....Force Article

Here is a telling quote:

"...But if you are working your way up to the V8 Germans but want the same level of performance as, and some semblance of the dynamic refinement to, what the $135K to $165K-plus 540i, A6 4.2 quattro or E500 respectively offer, then at half the price these FPVs are a forcefully compelling..."
aualright is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 01:27 PM   #293
aualright

Quote:
Originally Posted by aualright
Was this article from Goauto.com.au missed....Force Article

Here is a telling quote:

"...But if you are working your way up to the V8 Germans but want the same level of performance as, and some semblance of the dynamic refinement to, what the $135K to $165K-plus 540i, A6 4.2 quattro or E500 respectively offer, then at half the price these FPVs are a forcefully compelling..."
Has anyone driven one yet? I'd be interested to hear your comparison against the one in this article.

aualright is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #294
irsa76
Snoopping

Had a quick look at a white Force 6 today. I prefer it over the Typhoon or GT/GT-P. The only thing that I didn't like was the center console trim. I would prefer the Piano black as used on the Fairmont Ghia and for it to extend to the aux gauges, they look like a cheap after thought.
irsa76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 04:16 AM   #295
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Sorry if this is the wrong thread , but couldn't find anything similar .

Was in Shepparton today & spotted a Very Nice BF (or later) it was Red & a bulge in the bonnet ,XR? , GT, ??? I only caught a glimpse of it but if the owner is an AFF member , Nice Ride .... (Vic plate BOSS-92 , daughter thought it was) . wish I had time to go back for a good look , but it was about 5pm & we had a 6 1/2 drive ahead of us . :

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 03:15 PM   #296
SVR73
Mr Polish

I'm not a fan of the interior of the force 6 or any of the B series. Not as bad as the AU1 forte layout mind you but still a bad mixture of materials.
Drove a 6 from TOLL's depot to detail it for a show. Nice drive.
Old 22-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #297
Jondalar
Formely FG G6E Turbo

I finally saw a Force 8 yesterday and I must say I was very impressed with the looks, it to me is what the BF2 Fairmont Ghia should have looked like.
Jondalar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2006, 11:40 AM   #298
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar
I finally saw a Force 8 yesterday and I must say I was very impressed with the looks, it to me is what the BF2 Fairmont Ghia should have looked like.
What a F6/GT without the wing?

Force should have been exactly the same a a BF2 Ghia but with FPV drive train.:nutsycuck
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post