Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-02-2022, 11:26 PM   #1
slowsnake
Banned

Default Ghosts and other supernatural things

Thought I would start a more comprehensive ghost thread that is about all unnatural things that go bump in the night!

About 2 months before I saw this black cat on the street corner, I was swung around sideways in my bed in the middle of the night, I was then propelled straight out of bed into my wardrobe door 3 feet away, scared the crap out of me, scary stuff.......
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2022, 11:49 PM   #2
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Default Re: Ghosts and other supernatural things

A similar thing happened to me.

I was pretty drunk though.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2022, 12:20 AM   #3
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
A similar thing happened to me.

I was pretty drunk though.
It was a single bed, I got rid of it and picked up a Queen bed, if it happened again I wouldn't travel as far, lol,
Well this thread will cover all supernatural goings on, and I've had a very unusual life, started when I drowned aged 6 yrs in 1959, but another time, I am very tired and getting ready for bed, time to make some Zeds.......
This user likes this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 01:00 AM   #4
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I've already strapped myself in for this wild ride.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 01:10 AM   #5
creative
I am Batman

Myself and my mum have many many ghost stories..... We seem to susceptible to it.
Having lived and worked in many very old pubs in the UK we experienced a number of things.. 3 most memorable for me were:

The mad monk that haunted the green keepers shed at south leeds golf club where I lived in my early teens. This ghost was always upto something, moving things etc but the one I remembered the most vividly was myself and a friend were in the snooker room on the second level that had windows either side, of which overlooked the carpark and across to the greenkeepers shed. No lights on except the tables. Both myself and friend felt the snooker room go very cold at one end was weird but not the first time, temp returned to normal and looking out across the carpark we started to see all the lights in the green keepers shed start turning on and off in different windows in random patterns.... that was our Que to go to bed!

Next was a pub in Bradford. Again I was up late one night playing pool in the pool room, no other lights on except the table and music on! temp drop again and I saw something move out the corner of my eye, looked down through the bar area and saw someone standing at the end of the bar holding onto the pumps. they then moved to their right behind a wall out of sight. Grabbed the cue and flicked all the lights on and went to investigate, ready for confrontation..... found nothing! My que for bed I think!Couple of days later I was talking to some of the locals and described what had happened and described the person. Everyone of them confirmed that was one of the old locals that had had a heart attack in the toilets and sadly passed... where this "person" disappeared to was.. the toilet area.

Last one for me was a hotel I ran in West Witton. It was an old coach house and was very very haunted by 2 ghosts. One was a lady that died in a fire at the far end of the building and we always rented that room out last... lol the other complaint we used to get from guests was a child running up and down the upstairs hallway that ran down the middle of the building. This corridor was directly above the bar area and many many many occasions we would also hear her running up and down and giggling. Freaked many a guest out when she did it!

Mum has alot of similar experiences in the places she used to work in but these were the ones that stood out for me.
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 09:22 AM   #6
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Why Ghosts Wear White Sheets

Quote:
This specific image of ghosts-as-white-sheets has been engrained in our culture for centuries and, until fairly recently, it was considered genuinely terrifying. The root of it lies in the fact that, up until the 19th century, the dead were almost always wrapped in burial shrouds, rather than placed in coffins. In poorer families, the recently deceased were simply wrapped up in the sheet from their death bed, and secured inside by a knot tied at either end.
https://www.kqed.org/arts/13904118/h...-burial-shroud

FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 11:10 AM   #7
slowsnake
Banned

I was born in Liverpool UK, we lived in the suburb of Speke, same suburb Paul McCartney and George Harrison lived as kids, I was born in Everton, but I remember as a Kid going with a mate to Spoke Hall a massive Tudor Mansion, must be the most haunted place in Liverpool, it was creepy, I heard babies crying, it scared me, the great Hall had a big fireplace, the fire tongs and pokers etc were built for a big giant of a man, seems he lived up the road at Hale Village, he was over 8 foot tall, hence the big implements, I saw his grave and it is massive in length, copied a link below!

https://www.hauntedrooms.co.uk/speke...ool-merseyside
Old 11-02-2022, 12:09 PM   #8
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I did a project on this topic for school and one aspect I remember was the reasoning behind ghosts appearing to float and move through walls. It was suggested that these paths the ghosts take were once corridors, doorways and staircases at the time the ghost was a living being.
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 02:45 PM   #9
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
I did a project on this topic for school and one aspect I remember was the reasoning behind ghosts appearing to float and move through walls. It was suggested that these paths the ghosts take were once corridors, doorways and staircases at the time the ghost was a living being.
Had a few experiences during my apprenticeship at the Hyde Park barracks in Macquarie street, Sydney where we often saw unexplained things moving in the shadows.
The old Mint and Sydney hospital were others.
Creepiest place I ever worked was East Sydney TAFE, the old Gaol.
Down in the Eastern corner (behind the famous Darlinghurst Wall) is a triangle shaped courtyard where they would hang convicts / prisoners.
Many strange noises you would hear early in the mornings, though that could have been the prostitutes working on the other side.
Underneath the gaol runs a long passageway going back to Victoria Army Barracks in case of gaol riots getting out of hand. The passage itself is a know haunt.

Ever want a good laugh just watch the movie "The Ghost Story" SBS on demand. 2 hours of watching a guy getting around with a white sheet over him. Not much dialogue typical SBS stuff.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2022, 12:17 AM   #10
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

When I was a young fella my old man told me about an experience he had when he was young.
He was born in County Monaghan, Ireland in '33 and after his parents died he lived along with his Brother at their Granny's cottage.
He was 8yrs old when this happened.

One night he and his Brother we're walking home and as they normally would they could see the lamps on in the cottage meaning their Granny was still up.
He says that as they come up the drive the cottage was obscured by the contour of the land and when they got close all the lights we're off.
Now im not up on 30's lighting technology and I was hearing this as an 8yr old some 37yrs ago, but apparently whatever type of lamp they we're would continue to emit light after being extinguished or whatever and they freaked out.

When they went inside the house was empty and so rather than sleep alone they climbed into their Granny's bed together.
Soon after they felt what he described as something like a wet canvas tarp fall on them from above and roll off onto the floor.
They both lay dead still and silently ****ting themselves until sunrise.
Neither of them we're game enough to look on the floor when they could finally see in the dim morning light and continued to lay there for hours until eventually their Granny came home.
When they looked there was nothing there.

I was intrigued by the story but it wasn't until we went to the UK in '86 and I met my Uncle and still recall the look on his face clearly when Dad brought it up.
The old man and Uncle Willy we're no nonsense men but whatever this was rattled them and continued to do so for over 50yrs.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-02-2022, 02:57 PM   #11
mondeomatureguy

Hi Guy's
In June 1983 my sister in law died of cancer at the age of 33 years old.
I was at work when she passed away and when i got home my brother had phoned me to tell me she had passed away.
I drove over to my older brother's house to see him and our mum was there looking after his young kids.
I stayed till around 11pm and because there wasn't anywhere to sleep i returned home.

At 3am the following morning i sensed that somebody was watching me and woke up seeing my sister in law in the doorway of my bedroom.
I had time to reach over to the table near my bed and grab my glasses and put them on and the spirit was still in the door way.

It went about 5 seconds later, I got out of bed turned on the light and looked at my dog who was sleeping on my bed and all her hair was standing up and she was also looking at the doorway.

I do think it was my sister in law saying "goodbye" to me as i had known her since i was 10 years old and i was 24 years old at the time.
I hadn't been drinking. My sister told me that she could smell the same perfume our sister in law would wear in my sisters house and she hadnt been to her house for over six months because she was too ill.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-02-2022, 12:41 AM   #12
slowsnake
Banned

When I was a little toddler, maybe 4 or 5 yrs old, we lived on a council estate on the outskirts of Liverpool UK.
I wondered why we lived on the edge of the city surrounded by verdant farmland, until they started to build this big 4 lane highway, of course they then built the Ford Halewood Car plant on the other side of the hwy.

But it's just a bit of background info, it was a dark and bleak place especially in winter, I used to wonder if the animals were moved first just like a child would think.
They left the local woods alone, the Old Mill Woods, that was a creepy place after dark, even as an early teen I never ventured there alone after dark, the wind and the sounds, the owls hooting etc.
I had a very vivid imagination by the way, and I remember aged about 4 or so I was very scared of the dark, we had little money for the 1 shilling gas or electricity meters, but in winter with snow outside and cold lino floors inside, no TV just radiogramme to listen to, and me and 2 brothers huddled around a coal fire with 2 or 3 bits of coal burning, but that was better than a lot of others who had nothing.

Bedtime! I had to walk out of the lounge to the stairs and take myself to bed, I couldn't reach the light switch even if we had power, but up on the landing I knew "it" was waiting for me, it was always there, it scared me enough to not get up to pee, it was pitch black and icy cold, just right for a child's imagination to go wild!

But it waited every night just for me right on the top landing, it was about 2 feet tall, dark green and had 1inch diameter black dots on its skin, looked like it was formless, no visible arms or legs, I would knock on the lounge door to be let back in, but told go to bed, there's nothing there, but when I moved back to the stairs it would be gone, I would feel my way up the stairs using the bannister, at the top the light from the streetlights gave me enough light to run to my bed and hide under the covers, my body shaking until my older brothers come upstairs.

This happened for 2 years, then stopped suddenly, my little Irish granny said it was the "little people" elves and gnomes keeping an eye on me, I asked why, she said I was a special child, like she was, she was always telling me stories as were other Irish descent women, they always told me to be careful in the woods by myself, and if bushes or trees start making faces to me to put my head down and run home!
Old 14-02-2022, 01:05 AM   #13
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
When I was a little toddler, maybe 4 or 5 yrs old, we lived on a council estate on the outskirts of Liverpool UK.
I wondered why we lived on the edge of the city surrounded by verdant farmland, until they started to build this big 4 lane highway, of course they then built the Ford Halewood Car plant on the other side of the hwy.

But it's just a bit of background info, it was a dark and bleak place especially in winter, I used to wonder if the animals were moved first just like a child would think.
They left the local woods alone, the Old Mill Woods, that was a creepy place after dark, even as an early teen I never ventured there alone after dark, the wind and the sounds, the owls hooting etc.
I had a very vivid imagination by the way, and I remember aged about 4 or so I was very scared of the dark, we had little money for the 1 shilling gas or electricity meters, but in winter with snow outside and cold lino floors inside, no TV just radiogramme to listen to, and me and 2 brothers huddled around a coal fire with 2 or 3 bits of coal burning, but that was better than a lot of others who had nothing.

Bedtime! I had to walk out of the lounge to the stairs and take myself to bed, I couldn't reach the light switch even if we had power, but up on the landing I knew "it" was waiting for me, it was always there, it scared me enough to not get up to pee, it was pitch black and icy cold, just right for a child's imagination to go wild!

But it waited every night just for me right on the top landing, it was about 2 feet tall, dark green and had 1inch diameter black dots on its skin, looked like it was formless, no visible arms or legs, I would knock on the lounge door to be let back in, but told go to bed, there's nothing there, but when I moved back to the stairs it would be gone, I would feel my way up the stairs using the bannister, at the top the light from the streetlights gave me enough light to run to my bed and hide under the covers, my body shaking until my older brothers come upstairs.

This happened for 2 years, then stopped suddenly, my little Irish granny said it was the "little people" elves and gnomes keeping an eye on me, I asked why, she said I was a special child, like she was, she was always telling me stories as were other Irish descent women, they always told me to be careful in the woods by myself, and if bushes or trees start making faces to me to put my head down and run home!
Aye, t'was one of da little people to be sure, Darby O'Gill can tell you a ting or tree 'bout them.

Watch out for the Banshee..

Last edited by BENT_8; 14-02-2022 at 01:12 AM.
Old 14-02-2022, 01:10 AM   #14
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

How freaky is this, as I was typing that SS I got a phone call from area code +44 that hung up when I answered.
Thats the UK.
Old 14-02-2022, 09:00 AM   #15
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
How freaky is this, as I was typing that SS I got a phone call from area code +44 that hung up when I answered.
Thats the UK.
I have always found that when I tell folk my stories, something always happens to reinforce it, then they sort of start to be less sceptical!

PS...Do you know what local area?....0151 maybe?

Last edited by slowsnake; 14-02-2022 at 09:16 AM. Reason: AddPS
Old 14-02-2022, 09:53 AM   #16
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Thats the UK.
Spammers "ghosting" a +44 number or other international number. They hang up before you can answer, you call back, get put on hold with music and get charged an exorbitant rate. Small $ but big volume so quite lucrative. I'm getting two or three of these a day ATM.
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 14-02-2022, 10:15 AM   #17
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
I have always found that when I tell folk my stories, something always happens to reinforce it, then they sort of start to be less sceptical!

PS...Do you know what local area?....0151 maybe?
Number was +44 872 529 9217
Old 14-02-2022, 11:42 AM   #18
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Number was +44 872 529 9217
It's a number sent via Chicago USA?

Cheers Billy.
Old 14-02-2022, 11:45 AM   #19
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just staying on the phonecall tangent....

I have been getting lots of calls from 0414 xxx xxx numbers.

They dont ring for long and no message left, and if I answer there is nobody there.
So time-wasting rubbish.
A couple of weeks ago, the phone number that appeared on the screen was my own.

What are the odds of that?

I wonder what I wanted from myself?
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-02-2022, 01:18 PM   #20
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
It's a number sent via Chicago USA?

Cheers Billy.
+44 is the UK. USA is +1
Old 14-02-2022, 01:35 PM   #21
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
I was born in Liverpool UK, we lived in the suburb of Speke, same suburb Paul McCartney and George Harrison lived as kids, I was born in Everton, but I remember as a Kid going with a mate to Spoke Hall a massive Tudor Mansion, must be the most haunted place in Liverpool, it was creepy, I heard babies crying, it scared me, the great Hall had a big fireplace, the fire tongs and pokers etc were built for a big giant of a man, seems he lived up the road at Hale Village, he was over 8 foot tall, hence the big implements, I saw his grave and it is massive in length, copied a link below!

https://www.hauntedrooms.co.uk/speke...ool-merseyside
I'm not surpised you experience ghosts having been born on the blue toffee side of Mercyside
The mighty Reds You Never Walk Alone
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2022, 06:25 PM   #22
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I'm certain the house I recently sold had ghosts. Would often see rooms lit up then go there to find them pitch black.

Random noises, foot steps on the roof...

Glad to get out of that place...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-02-2022, 10:13 PM   #23
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Boo!

Unfortunately I'm not dead yet.
Death or living in a car has been postponed because I got a job at a place that sells aluminium toolboxes and canopies/camper conversions.

I've lived in mostly old houses (by perth standards) and some of them freaked me out late at night when I'm alone. Just a real strong feeling I'm not wanted and resulted f'ed up dreams. Strange, because I never have that feeling on a new build, or something 1970s or 80s. But one old house I lived in built in the 40s just had real bad vibes and no previous tenant ever stayed there long. The original 2 bdrm house had an addition added to the back and that part was fine. But the old part of the house, no one ever wanted to be there late at night alone as it felt too creepy.
E: I've been in even older houses that didn't have that feeling, so it's not old houses in general that sometimes give me issues.

Last edited by oldel; 14-02-2022 at 10:19 PM.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-02-2022, 11:20 PM   #24
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
+44 is the UK. USA is +1
Call sent from London, chased the owner to a Chicago address, so whoever phoned was in London, business owner from Chicago

Last edited by slowsnake; 14-02-2022 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Add bit
Old 14-02-2022, 11:25 PM   #25
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I'm certain the house I recently sold had ghosts. Would often see rooms lit up then go there to find them pitch black.

Random noises, foot steps on the roof...

Glad to get out of that place...
Geez it's scaring me reading that, reminds me of a story I heard somewhere years ago about a family in the winter snow on the roof, in the morning when light there were the footprints of the hind legs of a goat, a big goat, like Pan!......scary stuff that!
Old 14-02-2022, 11:56 PM   #26
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I haven't seen anything weird but I have had two experiences I couldn't explain.

When I spent a year renting a unit I would sometimes hear a woman's voice and a young kid's voice while in my bathroom late at night. Like after midnight.

The weird part was we lived in the end unit so there was no one next to us on the bathroom side and in the other direction the closest unit that had any kids was 3 units away.
After hearing these voices I would go into other rooms and hear nothing.
Go out onto my balcony and hear nothing.
Go back into the bathroom and hear the voices again.
No idea where those voices were coming from.

Second one was when we lived in a house with our Golden Retriever.
Obviously he would shed fur all over the house. You could always see fur on the wood floors.
One day I walked into the kitchen and there was not a single hair on the floor. I thanked the wife for cleaning it and she said she didn't. Ask family if they decided to come and clean our kitchen floor while we were out and none of them did.

Ok weird. So time goes on dog fur appears all over the floor, I walk into the kitchen and again not a single piece anywhere. Even with the vacuum I would usually miss bits of fur here and there. This floor looked like a retriever had never stepped foot in the room.

This went on for the rest of the time we lived there. Randomly the kitchen floor would become spotless. Sometimes when we were home, sometimes not. Sometimes when the dog was inside, sometimes not.
Wife said she herd a bump come from the kitchen one time while she was home (probably the dog) and next time she went into the kitchen the floor was spotless.

I wasn't complaining because that meant less work for me.

Unfortunately this dog hair eating ghost didn't follow us to the new house. Our two robot vacuums can barely keep up with our two goldens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
A couple of weeks ago, the phone number that appeared on the screen was my own.

What are the odds of that?

I wonder what I wanted from myself?
Lately I have had a lot of calls from numbers very similar to mine, the closest was the last digit was one number off.

I'm guessing scammers are faking numbers similar to yours because they probably think people will be less suspicious of a similar number rather than some random foreign number.
I'd answer a foreign number before I answer a number 1 digit off from mine.

Last edited by Ben73; 15-02-2022 at 12:16 AM.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2022, 01:25 PM   #27
slowsnake
Banned

That's really spooky Ben73, would of given me the creeps, mainly if the dog was too scared to go into the kitchen when no one else was home!.......
Old 20-02-2022, 07:44 PM   #28
mondeomatureguy

Hi Guy's
I will be showing my age writing this post but here it goes.
My parents lived in a block of four units and we had a Heater in the lounge was a heater that was heated with coal.

When we moved in there was an old couple who lived in the bottom unit named Mr and Mrs Hickey.
We would take turns my brother and i to go down stairs and fill the bucket with coal and bring it back up stairs to our unit.

I was ten years old at the time and was down in the coal room filling the bucket when Mr Hickey was at the door way.
He asked me how Mum n Dad were which i said " Ok" and asked me how School was and we had a talk.

I took the bucket back upstairs to our unit and when i got there dad said to me "why did you take so long" and I said " i was talking to Mr Hickey".
He looked at mum and said " take him to see the Doctor tomorrow i think" and i said " i am not sick".

Then mum took my hand and said "darling Mr Hickey died two months ago'.
Had i known he died there was no way i would go down to the coal room but being a young person at the time nobody worried about telling me that he died.

Thats why i wasn't scared. Mrs Hickey still lived in the bottom unit after Mr Hickey had passed away. I think about it now and i can still remember the cloths he wore. Some people will think i made all that up because i was only ten years old at the time but its the truth.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2022, 06:00 AM   #29
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Damn, slowsnake got banned. :(

Now who will I PM regarding angels and demons?
Old 26-02-2022, 10:18 AM   #30
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
Damn, slowsnake got banned. :(

Now who will I PM regarding angels and demons?
Anyone who watched Lucifer on Netflix?