Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-02-2015, 12:16 AM   #1
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Dear Tooth Fairy

I went to drop a a $2 coin under my little girls pillow tonight and found this......

Turns out she left it on the table in a tissue and mum tossed it out thinking it was rubbish.

I'm debating whether to leave a note from the tooth fairy back to her only giving her half the usual $2 and calling the other dollar a finders fee, lol.

It made me laugh so I just thought I'd share.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2015, 12:25 AM   #2
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Default Re: Dear Tooth Fairy

Awww, that made my otherwise pretty crappy day better reading that!
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2015, 12:49 AM   #3
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ha ha. It's been costing the Tooth Fairy a fortune at my house of late - six $2 coins in the last few months...

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2015, 12:58 AM   #4
Spudz27
Call me Spud

My 9yr old did the same thing but for my 5yr old son. His tooth came out in an apple so he went to wash it so it was clean fir the tooth fairy, he dropped it down the sink and was quite upset, so my daughter wrote a letter to the tooth fairy on his behalf explaining the problem.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2015, 06:13 AM   #5
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
I went to drop a a $2 coin under my little girls pillow tonight and found this......

Turns out she left it on the table in a tissue and mum tossed it out thinking it was rubbish.

I'm debating whether to leave a note from the tooth fairy back to her only giving her half the usual $2 and calling the other dollar a finders fee, lol.

It made me laugh so I just thought I'd share.
mum noooo
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2015, 09:04 AM   #6
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus View Post
Ha ha. It's been costing the Tooth Fairy a fortune at my house of late - six $2 coins in the last few months...
I hate it when I don't have any coins in the wallet and I have to shell out a $5 note
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #7
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

We raid the change jar for 50c pieces and even 20s' on one occasion and never had a problem.The good thing about young kids is they'll believe pretty much anything you tell them and don't question the denomination of the coins they get, so long as they get the money. If they do I just say the Tooth Fairy must have had alot of teeth to pick up last night and must have run out of goldies. It's worked so far, lol.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

3 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2015, 11:14 AM   #8
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
The good thing about young kids is they'll believe pretty much anything you tell them and don't question the denomination of the coins they get, so long as they get the money.
Going slightly off topic here.....

When our Granddaughter was living with us she started to disbelieve that Santa really did drink the milk and biscuits we used to leave out.

So one year I found her with my video camera trying to set it up, on a timer, so she could catch him....or us.

Over the years she decided not to worry whether he was real or not, just so long as the presents turned up.

She was a very cynical 7yo
Old 19-02-2015, 11:32 AM   #9
prydey
Rob

i hope my kids don't read this thread. $2!! $5!!! geez, tooth fairy ain't that well off in this house.

i always tell them that 50 is the biggest number (50c that is) and thats why its the biggest coin. you don't want one with just a 1 or a 2 on it!!

my kids aren't dumb, but they just take what they can get
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2015, 11:37 AM   #10
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a mate of ours had kids of a similar age to ours and of course one left a tooth under the pillow, just the one mind because what the kids found the next morning was not coinage but a note from the fairy himself written in bold texta saying

"thanks for the tooth, I'll be back tonight for the rest!".....signed the tooth fairy

poor bloody kids wouldn't sleep in their beds for a week.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2015, 01:20 PM   #11
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Gold...... only problem is, my tooth fairy doesn't have a coin purse..... just notes unfortunately. Bloody wife puts notes and not coins. Costs me a bloody fortune
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2015, 01:58 PM   #12
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

My daughter (10 this year) is so frightened of the tooth fairy (and santa claus and the easter bunny) that she leaves the tooth (or santa sack) outside her room so that they don't have to come into the room.....!!!!

Never been able to convince her that they won't touch her and they are only interested in the tooth (or present, or easter egg).

Still, I'm glad that she believes in them, even if she is absolutely scared of them coming in the house

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-02-2015, 02:08 PM   #13
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

We've had occasions where we've forgotten to leave the gold coin altogether, and get a reminder from the affected child the next day. Lucky I think quickly on my feet, and also happen to stay up late watching TV/sport most nights, so we just said that the tooth fairy must've come to our place when I was still awake, so she'll be back tomorrow and will pick up the tooth then. Works every time.

There was a time when they were adamant that the money just came out of mum' purse, so we went through a phase of using autosol to polish the coins up - no way coins that shiney came out of mum's purse!

Then there's the explanation of why some kids at their school get $20 for a tooth - we tell them the parents must take the coins the tooth fairy leaves, and replace it with the $20 note! Gotta be fast on your feet/head with kids, cos any hesitation they know you're making it up....

On santa - we just tell them that the moment they tell us they don't believe, Santa will stop bringing presents - so I think they warily "believe". The old customised santa videos work well for non-believers too.... https://www.portablenorthpole.com/
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2015, 02:59 PM   #14
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

My youngest daughter (17) just had all four of her wisdom teeth pulled last week. They were growing angularly and impacting on the rest of her teeth which cost a fortune in braces in the early years of her life.

Required surgery and anaesthesia to get all four pulled at once. Cost $4k - no tooth fairy for her.

Cheers!

Edit: Love the note from Emily. Bushy - that's so sweet!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2015, 06:35 PM   #15
Sam_Boss260

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post

On santa - we just tell them that the moment they tell us they don't believe, Santa will stop bringing presents - so I think they warily "believe". The old customised santa videos work well for non-believers too.... https://www.portablenorthpole.com/
Yep, same here. Have used those PNP videos for years. Still remember the look on their face the first year I did it, just priceless. The youngest one (9 years) sometimes doubts Santa, Easter Bunny etc, but we always tell her "If you don't believe you won't receive " and she is good.
The eldest (11 years) busted us last year for Easter. 5am and I am outside placing the easter eggs, footprints etc. Told the wife, "stand guard of the kids". She was too busy watching me out the window to realise my eldest was standing right beside her. The kid was devastated to say the least.... tears and all. She had doubted us for a while as the kids at school talked about Santa, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy not being real.
Old 19-02-2015, 08:32 PM   #16
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

It was the year 2000 and in the Macedon Ranges the grade 3 primary school kids were getting ready to write letters to "Santa" about what they wanted for the upcoming Christmas.

Until then a 9 year old "Little Damo" stands up and yells out to the whole class:

SANTA ISN'T REAL!

The teacher took me out of the class and yelled at me for "ruining everyones Christmas" and I still had to write the letter anyway afterwards.

Some of the other parents even had a go at my Mum outside of school for it

And that ladies and gentlemen, is how I "ruined Christmas" of year 2000 for 25 other kids.

Moral of the story:

No one likes someone who tells the truth
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2015, 09:28 PM   #17
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260 View Post
Yep, same here. Have used those PNP videos for years. Still remember the look on their face the first year I did it, just priceless. The youngest one (9 years) sometimes doubts Santa, Easter Bunny etc, but we always tell her "If you don't believe you won't receive " and she is good.
The eldest (11 years) busted us last year for Easter. 5am and I am outside placing the easter eggs, footprints etc. Told the wife, "stand guard of the kids". She was too busy watching me out the window to realise my eldest was standing right beside her. The kid was devastated to say the least.... tears and all. She had doubted us for a while as the kids at school talked about Santa, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy not being real.

When I got sprung by Emily, then aged 8, I told her that the Easter bunny didn't have time to hide eggs in everyones house otherwise it'd take him 2 months to do everyone, so he got the parents to help hide the eggs for him.
When she countered with, "but Santa gets all the presents delivered on time", I told her," Yes, but Santa just has to dump the presents and go, he can be done in a minute. The Easter Bunny would have to spend an hour at each house ,IN THE DARK, trying to find places to hide all the eggs so it would take him 60 nights to do it all instead of 1. Once I walked her through the maths, she was satisfied.... Disaster averted.

When she started questioning if Santa was real I fell back on the animated movie Rise Of The Guardians. The premise of which is 'If the kids don't believe, the heroes fade away'; that being Santa, easter bunny Jack Frost, etc.
My argument went something like, "Where do you think they get the ideas from for these types of movies?", "It really works that way, you need to believe for them to be real"........ She eyed me suspiciously for a few seconds then seemed satisfied....... for now, haha.

MINE- AUII Forte

3 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2015, 10:09 PM   #18
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

i say give her $4 just for that note
Old 19-02-2015, 10:24 PM   #19
Sam_Boss260

Quote:
When I got sprung by Emily, then aged 8, I told her that the Easter bunny didn't have time to hide eggs in everyones house otherwise it'd take him 2 months to do everyone, so he got the parents to help hide the eggs for him.
When she countered with, "but Santa gets all the presents delivered on time", I told her," Yes, but Santa just has to dump the presents and go, he can be done in a minute. The Easter Bunny would have to spend an hour at each house ,IN THE DARK, trying to find places to hide all the eggs so it would take him 60 nights to do it all instead of 1. Once I walked her through the maths, she was satisfied.... Disaster averted.

When she started questioning if Santa was real I fell back on the animated movie Rise Of The Guardians. The premise of which is 'If the kids don't believe, the heroes fade away'; that being Santa, easter bunny Jack Frost, etc.
My argument went something like, "Where do you think they get the ideas from for these types of movies?", "It really works that way, you need to believe for them to be real"........ She eyed me suspiciously for a few seconds then seemed satisfied....... for now, haha.
Damn.... you are good.
Old 19-02-2015, 11:34 PM   #20
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302 View Post
i say give her $4 just for that note
Or $1 and blame it on the missus
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2015, 12:10 PM   #21
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

That is a awesome note! Love the logic of kids.

This past Christmas my kids (2x9 plus a 6) were questioning if Santa was real. I came across this video just after the day, so showed them. They are all true believers again (if only until next xmas).

http://youtu.be/W6iAM9329lI

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post