Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 24-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default My New Fiesta Zetec 3-Door - Frozen White

Overall very impressed. The quality is great, the steering (once you get used to the lightness of the electric set-up) is wonderful, ride is a million times better than any other Fiesta I have been in, looks great, cruise control works a treat, the voice control is good now that I've gotten used to it, but the best thing is the USB port and Bluetooth. Very happy with the Soho trim, looks much more expensive than the grey IMHO. Love it. :

http://img199.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0765m.jpg
http://img198.imageshack.us/my.php?i...yphotos164.jpg
http://img197.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0743e.jpg
http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0748siu.jpg
http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0766.jpg
http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0772i.jpg
http://img268.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0780o.jpg
http://img200.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0776b.jpg
http://img199.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0749z.jpg
http://img198.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0768g.jpg
http://img197.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0770g.jpg

dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
Fiesta Girl

Looks great RapidTyphoon! First one I've seen in white.:1syellow1
I hope to be picking up my Squeeze Zetec early next week. If you don't mind me asking, are those the regular or velour mats?
Fiesta Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Love the white and the 3 door looks good (not sure the sills do much for it though)

Not a fan of the dash colour (had similar in our F150).

So wish they brought the higher spec version out here ....
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks people!

Fiestagirl I bet your excited. I nearly wet myself when I saw the big Ford logo at my dealership! The mats are the normal $60 ones. I looked at the luxury mats, and while VERY nice (well worth the extra) I would ruin them as my other Fiesta Zetec had them and they are covered in crap.

Fair call candyman2. I suppose we all have different tastes. My mate hates the Soho dash, but most others love it. I think it's one of those love or hare things. I recon the chrome looks tops (biased lol) with the White, the pictures DO NOT do the car justice. The rims also look much larger in reality thank Christ, they look like fourteen inch in the pictures!

I'm very happy with it!
Old 24-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm a BIG fan of Brown interiours having owned VN/S Commodores for ages, grey doesn't do it for me and dark brown in those things was very rare (and I liked it). The White looks good, just like Silver... but White: )
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
curik

Do your front mats have 'Fiesta' writings on them? What are the differences between the $160 and premium mats?
curik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #7
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll post photos tomorrow of my floor mats. The drivers side has a small Firsra logo in the same font as the badge on the car. The drives side also gets the mat holders that keep it in place. My ones use coarce materials, the premium ones feel great, very soft. But like I said, floor mas are floor mats to me. They get ruined over time, so I'm happy with mine. Durable, they fit my car and look good.
Old 24-06-2009, 09:55 PM   #8
curik

Mine has that extra padding like yours too around the heel area. But I specifically purchased 'premium' mats and paid over $100 for em and I didn't realize I got the same mats. Bugger, I'd better run back to my dealer and asked for replacement!
Old 24-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #9
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The premium ones look the same, but feel much nicer. I believe the passenger mat also features the Fiesta logo and lock-in catches too. Easiest way to tell is the packaging. The basic mats come in a collection of four, the premium are sold in sets of two. My part number on the packaging reads:

AM8A6J 130A88AA3YYW "Kit -Floor Mat"
Old 24-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #10
Zetec Dave

Ooooooh white looks the tits mate.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 10:20 PM   #11
curik

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
The premium ones look the same, but feel much nicer. I believe the passenger mat also features the Fiesta logo and lock-in catches too. Easiest way to tell is the packaging. The basic mats come in a collection of four, the premium are sold in sets of two. My part number on the packaging reads:

AM8A6J 130A88AA3YYW "Kit -Floor Mat"
I didn't get any packaging, is it possible to look up the part no on the mats themselves? So you had a look at both mats and the premium also has that extra padding on the driver's mat? Hopefully I didn't get scammed by the stealership.
Old 25-06-2009, 12:44 AM   #12
WASP
Whipple Induced

Looks fantaistic RapidTyphoon. Love the white finish.

Colville
Old 25-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #13
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the comments guys!

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...=1178856522081
http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...=1178856723697
http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...=1178856522381

The premium mats and standard mats looked almost identical, the Fiesta logo was the same and all. According to these links, only the drivers side gets the hold down brackets. I presume they are both the same style, one is just nicer to touch?
Old 25-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #14
curik

Hmm ford's website didn't help much as the descriptions are almost identical. typhoon, when you had a look at both premium and std did you notice they look identical? Is there a way to find out (if there is a label on the mat itself)?
Old 25-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #15
Fiesta Girl

I've just been told I can pick up my Zetec Monday :

I ordered it with the velour mats so if no-one has posted an image of them by then, I'll do it Monday evening.

Big thanks to RapidTyphoon for posting the links to the mats and saving me $42. Comparing the RRP to what I was being charged, showed a difference of $21 front and $21 back (fitting charge). I've told them to leave them in the back and I'll somehow figure out how to fit them myself. _2:
Fiesta Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #16
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WOOT WOOT! Good job Fiesta Girl, glad I could help. Trust me, fitting them is about as hard as me loosing the tv remote (not very!). It's only the driver one that comes with the hooks to lock it in place, and they took me all of 30 seconds to put in (20 seconds of that being a blonde moment). The rest just fit into place nice and easy. Crickey, $21 to put some mats in???

Not 100% sure on the mats mate, they looks similar, the premium ones had a slightly draker look to them and looked more fluffy lol, but like Fiesta Girl said she'll post here up and I'll post pictures of the standard mats shortly.
Old 25-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #17
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very nice RT. White looks good, just need dark tints. It's no F6 but they're a great little car. Enjoy mate.

Good see everyone is getting different colour and posting them up. I haven't seen a bad fiesta yet. Looking forward to seeing FiestaGirls squeeze Zetec. Lucky girl
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #18
killer_taxi

Sweet looking car RapidTyphoon. White looks great in the Zetec. I agree about the Soho trim. Makes the interior feel more special and interesting.

For everyone concerned about the carpet mats, the mats in RapidTyphoon's car are the standard mats. The premium velour carpet mats are easily told apart. The premium mats don't have that rectangle thing on the drivers mat. If you want to compare, look at the interior shots of my car where you‘ll see the velour mats: http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11262600

Hope that helps clear things up.
killer_taxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #19
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks everyone! Glad everyone likes the White. It looks great in real life, especially next to another White vehicle as this White is very pure, no pearl at all.

I could swear the premim mats had that foot quard? Meh, your car doesn't have it so I guess I'm loosing it. Killer taxi, I saw a cedar Fiesta yesterday, what a great colour. Almost like that color Ford used to offer on the Falcon that changed colour in different light. It's very hard to describe hey, but wow looks tops!
Old 25-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #20
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Re on the mats issue. We ordered the Premium Mats not knowing what they look like due to no photos available on Fords web site so taking the dealers word, that we have Premium Mats.

Below of the mats we have.
[IMG][/IMG]

RT, ford's white I think is a great looking white much better than most whites on the market today.
Old 25-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #21
killer_taxi

Quote:
It's very hard to describe hey, but wow looks tops!
Tell me about it. lol. Every time someone asks what colour I got, I can't just say an easy red, blue, green, yellow, whatever. I have to spend a couple minutes trying to describe it.
Old 25-06-2009, 11:23 PM   #22
killer_taxi

I decided to take a picture of my premium velour carpet mats. With and without flash.

Old 26-06-2009, 05:37 AM   #23
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Killer taxi what's the part number on those ones, I'll go order some

edit: don't worry I see the difference, your must be AM8A6J130B18AA3YYW
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #24
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So killer, if your are the premium velour carpet mats what do I have? Answer from my dealer might be in order.
Our passenger floor mat doesn't have Fiesta written on it. What about the rear mats do they also have fiesta written on them or just plan?

Last edited by ANGEL#3; 26-06-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #25
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty

RT, ford's white I think is a great looking white much better than most whites on the market today.
Thanks mate. Parking in between two other white cars, as most cars seem to be white in Toowoomba, really makes me love my colour even more.

I was ment to get my windows tinted last week by forgot about the booking lol! Thankfully the company who makes all our signs and logos also is a Tinting agent so I range them and luckily I forget about the other booking. $200.00 for the drakest legal tint. Not bad! Goes in on Monday, and absolutly stoked!!! :
Old 04-07-2009, 12:15 PM   #26
Fi.ES.TA

Hey rapid the tint your having done is that with a discount
or just what they charge if so whats the company called might have to enquire about mine cheers.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 01:55 PM   #27
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The company is a Tint-a-Car agent here in Toowoomba. Signs on Tyme if IIRC. They manufacture all our signage, so were a pretty big client. The RRP for the tint is $395.00, not far off my origional quote. My boss told me to drop our company name, and sure enough the price came a-falling! They also did my mates Liberty, top job. I'm stoked, can't wait to see what the car will look like.

Being a work-a-holic is finally paying off!
Old 06-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #28
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got my car back today, the window tint makes a massive difference. Somehow the 16inch rims look bigger now (read: they look like 15inch rims insted of 13inch!). Will post up some pictures tonight, I'm over the moon with the result.

One question though. The dealer is closed now (4:00PM finish???) so I did a quick search of the net for weatherproofing, because it looks like it's going to rain tonight. They gave me a booklet with some tips on protecting the tint work, but no mention of rain? May sound stupid, but if it rains will the moisture in the air affect the tint (like will it put bubbles in the film)? Like I said, may sound stupid and I have searched but everyone says different things. You guys seem pretty with it with this kinda stuff, so maybe someone can help me out here? Cheers in advance.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #29
Tiges
Keeping Wombats Dead

Quote:
One question though. The dealer is closed now (4:00PM finish???) so I did a quick search of the net for weatherproofing, because it looks like it's going to rain tonight. They gave me a booklet with some tips on protecting the tint work, but no mention of rain? May sound stupid, but if it rains will the moisture in the air affect the tint (like will it put bubbles in the film)? Like I said, may sound stupid and I have searched but everyone says different things. You guys seem pretty with it with this kinda stuff, so maybe someone can help me out here? Cheers in advance.
It shouldn't do anything to the tint itself, but it will take a bit longer to dry than normal, since there is more moisture in the air and it will obviously be cooler

2003 BA XR6 Turbo-White
210.4rwkw(stock)

Tiges is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #30
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats alright then, thanks mate appreciate it!

Pictures with the tint. Once I get the 17inch rims on it it'll be perfect (bloody CCDA with the Fiesty and it's 17's tempting me, I'm gonna be broke LOL!).

She's one sexy little beast! :