Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
zbeasty

Default Check Engine Light but no Fault Codes

Anyone experienced this. Last service was done less than 15,000km ago and I've checked all the fluid levels. Just gone through 103,000km so I thought maybe timing belt but that is supposed to last till 150,000km. It's not flashing so not an urgent issue apparently.

zbeasty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #2
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

What are you using to check fault codes?

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #3
Gaz
Got Ghia?

**edit**

Didn't realise we were in the Small car fourm Thinking a timing belt on a boss wasn't quite right. Apologies I stumbled through the wrong door!
Old 15-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
zbeasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
What are you using to check fault codes?
Push odo reset before starting and continue to hold till it enters test. Scroll through until it gets to DTC. It says none.
zbeasty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #5
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Not knowing what it checks for, I would assume it only checks for emission related codes, I would suggest you get your mechanic to check for codes with a workshop scan tool, not just a generic OBD2 scan tool.
Normally if a light comes on a code would be logged, the code may only stay present for x amount of starts before clearing itself

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post