Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 16-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #391
gtfpv
GT

Default Re: FYI: Tax rates going up

i know Sudszy is copping a hard time here because he is on the side of a carbon dioxide tax, and reducing co2 .
lets assume , nobody knows anything about science here . we do know , pollution makes you sick , and carbon dioxide will kill you ( thats why we breathe it out ) we also know that the worlds population growth is out of control , and increasing exponentially, we also know that the industrial age of the west, which is approximately 120 years old , is now whittling down to the poorest nations ( highest populated regions on earth - exponentially) . 30 years ago cars were not used in china and india except for a very small % of the population, lets go forward 30 years from now . will these cultures still be 70 years behind the rest of the world , i know the population will still be exponentially growing .
one thing that will , and does put a doubt on todays arguments are black smog in cities ( blah blah carbon dioxide is clear natural human killing gas i know too ) but what ever we may be arguing about today is only a seed which will become a CROP in the next 10 years >>>>> to whenever .
so please dont just think about today when your debunking the other view point .
of course volcanoes out wiegh all no doubt . but this argument is heavily one sided here , and lets not forget , there might be a monopoly against a carbon emmissions reduction aim , and trading scheme here . but nobody can predict how many supporters there may be . so dont sit blindly on your high horses , big words dont make people right , nor do they make them winners .
we'll all have to wait and see . and one thing i always notice about liberal voters if i must say . they all seem to be of a type that think they cannot be wrong , and are the most arrogant ridiculers in any side of politics . that is what i see anyway . this was shown right up untill they lost the last election .
i know labor party is becoming more like liberals with thier tactics . i guess we will all see the outcome over time . many things will make the young and coming change the view of previous generations , because we havent really been leaving them a better place to take over from in the last 20 years now have we . ???
Old 16-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #392
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
Yes indeed, the last time co2 levels were this high was 15 million years ago....does that tell you something of the signficance of what is happening? Man arrived 13million years later
can you prove that living beings existed more than about 6000 years ago?

sudszy, you have reported posts for being abusive toward you and yet in the last 2 or 3 you've submitted, you have called people 'denialists' 'simpletons' and 'less intelligent'.

i think maybe you'd best have a lie down now. nurse will be in shortly to tuck you in.
Old 16-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #393
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

.......... and thats why there will be no one who wins in threads like this. What 'gtfpv' has stated above is his opinion, as is mine and 'Sezzy's' & 'Sudzy's' and so on. Who is right or wrong, time will tell. I will argue the points on how I see the situation and others wont agree and vise versa. Minds wont be changed and opinons wont be swayed but everyone seems to have been able to have their say. There situation is different to mine, some are similar but all things are seen differently.

I know how I feel about it and have stated so. Have let it run, been involved and is probably going to upset a few as it closes a door on something that needs to be discussed .... but in the end this is an automotive Forum where politics & religion always cause, not just a debate, but heated arguments where neither side will give.

I could go on and refute so much as what was said above by 'gtfpv' but by doing so and then closing the thread would not be the right thing to do ........ other than to say gross generalizations seem to be the order of the day, some become offensive and political discussions in these forums are never a good thing .......

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread