Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-09-2014, 10:56 PM   #61
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Default Re: fuel prices

Perth fuel goes up on thursday to coincide with dole payments i presume,lots of places do pays thursday,normally goes up about 10-15 cents roughly sometimes alot more,its too easy to get fuel from monday to wednesday when its cheapest,thurs to sunday is generally rip off city...
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #62
creative
I am Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptune blue View Post
The oil companies and government are laughing laughing at all of us. It will never hapoen but if everyone stayed home for a week then we might see some action but as I said we just cop it on fuel, utilities , taxes on taxes
They did that in the uk... and very successful it was too. The blockades on the refinaries did the job. We all managed and supported the move!

Then the govco changed the rules and made blockades of fuel refinaries an act of terrorism.... and fuel prices started to rise again and the public couldnt do anything about it next time round. This is why alot of transport businesses moved to europe to reduce their costs.

My origional rant still stands. Its not about the actual cost of fuel, its the blatent ripping the consumers off on different days/seasons/event.
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #63
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Just paid $1.40 for BP 98 hehehe, paid 1.43 about 5 days ago.....Almost made filling the tank under $100, hasn't been that cheap for a long long time.

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #64
Jack960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah it's the lowest I've seen it in ages at the moment, in the low 1.30 range the last few days. For 91 that is
Jack960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #65
millzy555

Quote:
Originally Posted by tut0r View Post
Just paid $1.40 for BP 98 hehehe, paid 1.43 about 5 days ago.....Almost made filling the tank under $100, hasn't been that cheap for a long long time.
I'd be interested to see who has 98 for $1.40!! best i can usually is $1.50-$1.52. There's a few dodgy servos who leave 98 at $1.70 with a 35c difference to 91!!!
millzy555 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #66
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

I paid 21.2c above regular for BP Ultimate on bell street saturday night. Unbelievable, nver paid more than 14-15c above previously. Didn't check the price until nearly finished
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #67
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1 View Post
I paid 21.2c above regular for BP Ultimate on bell street saturday night. Unbelievable, nver paid more than 14-15c above previously. Didn't check the price until nearly finished
I did the same at a united on bell st, the old one. Was a nice $130 at $1.70....The brand spanking new united down the road I think is $1.32 atm for 91.

Mods to Date
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
Old 15-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #68
crainger

The sting is a bit easier for me for another 6 months. I won a years worth of fuel from BP, but it still hurts knowing what I'm in for once it runs out.

Most servos here keep their 98 above $1.70. NRMA reckons Coffs Harbour is one of the worst places in NSW for fuel and can find no reason for it. Can't be lack of sales. The stations here are regularly out of Diesel and E10 around school holidays.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 05:21 PM   #69
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At the peak in March in Melbourne when fuel reached the $1.60 pl mark the market price for Tapis Crude was around $145 per barrell. Currently its at at around $112 per barrell and prices are sitting at around $1.33 per lt. http://www.aip.com.au/pricing/marketwatch.htm
joolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #70
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Glad to see prices down still, at least in my area. The United I spoke of last week has dropped a single cent to $1.29.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2014, 04:13 PM   #71
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

Still $1.50+ for 91ron around these parts...
Old 17-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #72
PETE_XR6

is petrol prices jumping today in Melbourne? $1.53 for 91 up from $1.35
PETE_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2014, 08:16 PM   #73
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETE_XR6 View Post
is petrol prices jumping today in Melbourne? $1.53 for 91 up from $1.35
It shouldnt be otherwise its gouging for sure. If so it must mean a $30.00 plus reduction in the market price only means 10cpl reduction at the pump.
Old 17-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #74
OLD BALDY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

School holidays coming up!!!!!
OLD BALDY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #75
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just come home from williamstown, still a few places down that neck of the woods at $ 1.33.00 pl, North of melbourne though most servos seem to have jumped up to $ 1.53.00 pl for the school holidays ........ just like clockwork.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #76
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

March 2014 market price per barrel ULP approx $143 (Melb peak pump price approx $1.64pl)
Sept 18 2014 market price per barrell ULP approx $112 (peak pump price approx $1.53)

$31 reduction in market price per barrell equates to around 11 cpl reduction at the pump.

Late 2008 when ULP pump price approx $1.05 pl that would mean that the market price if the AU$ was as it is now would have been around minus $40 per barrell!! Im no maths guru and do undestand that the AU$ was alot more in 2008 but the current price of $1.53pl doesnt add up...
Old 18-09-2014, 06:31 PM   #77
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Does anyone remember when fuel went really low? Was it last year or the year before, in Melbourne it went to $1.19!!! Funny thing was I could not find any information on why it was so cheap, it was just like no one cared and were just happy to be paying something so cheap!

But in my quest to understand fuel prices I still to this day couldn't understand it as nothing major seemed to happen in the world. In saying that a few friends and I were close to developing a Fuel Price App for Australia at the time too!

Mods to Date
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
Old 18-09-2014, 09:14 PM   #78
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Does anyone remember when fuel went really low? Was it last year or the year before, in Melbourne it went to $1.19!!! Funny thing was I could not find any information on why it was so cheap, it was just like no one cared and were just happy to be paying something so cheap!

But in my quest to understand fuel prices I still to this day couldn't understand it as nothing major seemed to happen in the world. In saying that a few friends and I were close to developing a Fuel Price App for Australia at the time too!
It was 2008 just before Kevin Rudd took power. Its been almost 2 years since full tapis prices have been somehow blocked. Bloomberg used to have the full history chart for the past 5 years to date but now gone.
Old 19-09-2014, 02:48 AM   #79
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

ditto mate, been trying to understand it myself for years, a bit like trying to understand women, ................. just not possible.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #80
PETE_XR6

is it $1.53 for 91 all across Melbourne?
PETE_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #81
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETE_XR6 View Post
is it $1.53 for 91 all across Melbourne?
Appears to be from what I have seen in Northern suburbs.
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2014, 09:17 PM   #82
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These are local Darwin Prices.

Went to the local BP yesterday.

ULP 91 - $1.73
ULP 95 - $ 1.86
ULP 98 - $2.03

All the 95 pumps were inoperative so only 91 / 98 available - went else where.

It has been reported that local Servos are changing 35c/l above wholesale where elsewhere in Oz they work on an 8c/l to 10c/l markup.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2014, 09:27 PM   #83
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Diesel is $1.499/L here in country Vic at the moment.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2014, 07:51 PM   #84
OwnTheRoad
T Series Club AUST.

Bought diesel in Warrnambool Saturday night before discount price was $1.41.5 cents per litre, had to buy more diesel today for another car in Hastings $149.7 before discount .
How can there be such a huge difference in price between the 2 locations ?
The diesel was cheaper then 91 octane unleaded in Warrnambool , ok it was $1.41.9 before discounts but I haven't seen diesel cheaper than petrol for a while.
Any one have an answer for such a huge difference in the prices.
Old 21-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #85
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Isn't it interesting, oil prices continue to drop, the AUD hovers around the 85 cents mark and petrol prices are around $1.30 a litre which may seem like a bargain, but the reality is we are all still being ripped off and there isn't a single thing anyone can do because of the necessity of this commodity.
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #86
backin ford
Starter Motor

We're at 2.07 a litre right now , ten years ago it was 1.03 !!
backin ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #87
Rastas

91 was at $1.27.9 wed is at $1.43.9 today at my local in Perth,,,,,P.S always fill up on wed if you can.
Rastas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #88
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by backin ford View Post
We're at 2.07 a litre right now , ten years ago it was 1.03 !!
This is true, but it should also be noted that sheep shagging has increased 200% in the same time frame
Haha sorry couldn't resist a sheep shaggin joke for you New Zealanders
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
Old 21-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #89
Focusfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford man xf View Post
Isn't it interesting, oil prices continue to drop, the AUD hovers around the 85 cents mark and petrol prices are around $1.30 a litre which may seem like a bargain, but the reality is we are all still being ripped off and there isn't a single thing anyone can do because of the necessity of this commodity.
About 2 weeks ago on 9 morning news Ross Greenwood said the pump price should be dropping to under $1.30 p/ltr.
All the servos around southern Brisbane are still around $1.40 or more.
Keep hearing about the falling oil prices but pump price is pathetic as said we are being ripped off. What has happened to the ACCC.
They are always after Telstra but never after oil companies. Lack of back bone like the government. Shirt front Putin. Ha cant even
shirt front the oil company executives.
Focusfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2014, 09:43 PM   #90
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusfan View Post
About 2 weeks ago on 9 morning news Ross Greenwood said the pump price should be dropping to under $1.30 p/ltr.
All the servos around southern Brisbane are still around $1.40 or more.
Keep hearing about the falling oil prices but pump price is pathetic as said we are being ripped off. What has happened to the ACCC.
They are always after Telstra but never after oil companies. Lack of back bone like the government. Shirt front Putin. Ha cant even
shirt front the oil company executives.
We depend on petrol so much that people power can't just simply boycott it like can be done with other commodities, and the oil companies know this so they can collude freely together without any intervention from the government which also receives a nicely health tax excise from petrol sales, sucks hey...