Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-02-2015, 01:51 AM   #61
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Default Re: Water Bill

so what's the go damo? are the meters faulty? have you checked to see how much the meter ticks over after filling a bucket with 5 litres? maybe do that a few times to verify the meter isn't pulling a 'more significant bit' over at the same
Old 04-02-2015, 03:08 AM   #62
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Been a bit rushed lately, got work and misses working, have checked to see if there are leaks and their aren't any, haven't checked accuracy but i will.
I did phone water authority but as usual i go off my box a bit so that didn't go anywhere, sigh... will i ever learn.
I have cut usage down, i have dead lawn and it's expensive hybrid lawn aswell so not too happy about that.
In spring i put all plants on micro sprinklers and drippers to save water.
So i don't know, it has never been this expensive, expecially for 2 months.
Lol the council verges and gardens have been all out of whack with roundabout gardens sprinklers being stuck on for days watering the roads, maybe we're paying for that.
It anger's me inside though as how can they expect people to have this type of money for crappy water, and i say crappy as it is crappy. Pensoners or families that are struggling, to me it is day light robbery.
damo76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-02-2015, 12:48 PM   #63
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo76 View Post
Been a bit rushed lately, got work and misses working, have checked to see if there are leaks and their aren't any, haven't checked accuracy but i will.
I did phone water authority but as usual i go off my box a bit so that didn't go anywhere, sigh... will i ever learn.
I have cut usage down, i have dead lawn and it's expensive hybrid lawn aswell so not too happy about that.
Lol the council verges and gardens have been all out of whack with roundabout gardens sprinklers being stuck on for days watering the roads, maybe we're paying for that.
It anger's me inside though as how can they expect people to have this type of money for crappy water, and i say crappy as it is crappy. Pensoners or families that are struggling, to me it is day light robbery.
And I bet you that's exactly what they're trying to do. Recoup costs for their own bull****.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2015, 10:58 PM   #64
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
^ Dont shower for a week and you'll knock it down even further
I already only crap at work
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2015, 11:00 PM   #65
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo76 View Post
Think of the poor people in Ireland, they are only now just installing water meters on properties. The public is in uproar about it
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2015, 01:07 AM   #66
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So from what it sounds like there are a few people in dispute with the water authority over there bill but i'm not sure what i want to do, well i do, i don't want to pay it.. I have been in touch with the energy obudsman but since i am know working there is no phone reception were i work so cant phone them back, they wish to discuss the matter further.
Will wait untill monday when i chuck a sickie because Kenny Rodgers concert sunday night
Old 06-02-2015, 12:25 PM   #67
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Put it in writing to the CEO of the Water Corp and CC the letter to the Minister.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2015, 05:58 PM   #68
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
^ Dont shower for a week and you'll knock it down even further
Works for the Poms.............
Old 06-02-2015, 06:01 PM   #69
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
I already only crap at work
How do you go Saturday and sundays ? Squeeze the bum cheeks all weekend ?
I actually worked with a bloke who used to do that. And he used to steal the toilet paper and take it home........
Old 07-02-2015, 04:22 PM   #70
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The ye old style shower heads can drink a lot of water, i had green shower head on using 9 litres per minute with the old hot water service ..... lets round that off to 10 litres per minute and say someone in the family is particularly exorbitant with the shower session every day with said shower head taking a luxurious 30 minutes ..... bang 300 litres gone !

The old style shower head which we now have back on because the instant hot water service wont work properly without it ......................uses 40 litres per minute ........ quick calculation 40 litres per minute times one luxurious shower of 30 minutes = 1200 litres for one person ................ add toilet stops and old style washing machine that also likes a drink of h20 ......
baby........ your litres are getting up there.

On a working holiday many years ago i worked out in the sticks on a farm in WA, the farm was on tank water and a very very precious commodity , more than a 1 or 2 minute shower was being exceptionally exorbitant, i got a bit of a rev from the farmer because i took a city dwellers 5 minute shower .
we city dwellers don't realize how cushy we have it.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-02-2015, 01:33 AM   #71
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have 3 showers in the house and 2 have old style shower heads on because the water saving ones are like having a shower under a pressure washer.
Time to change shower heads and start cracking whip aa bit more regarding shower times.
I am going to sink a bore because i can't have a dead looking garden and lawn, it's not right.
The bloke next door and his misses both work fifo and they have no kids, he said his bill is around $500 and there hardly there.