Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 30-07-2020, 09:54 PM   #4741
zilo
BANNED

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Peter Navarro was interviewed last night. He said there is no downside, only upside. False. And because it can have negative health effect on some people, medical experts need to be sure that the risk vs reward balance are in patient's favour.....at the moment there isn't sufficient proof.
Trump did say there is no magic bullet but that the drug helps.
Don't believe he made any claims other than that.
If I lived in Victoria now would I take some ? Hmmmmm...probably

Quote:
How come Trump hasn't had it? Well neither has a big portion of the world's population.
Or those in orbit on the ISS....

Quote:
Leaders like Trump would also get special treatment, they would have a team that would constantly be deep cleaning the white house, he won't be catching public transport.
yep..and access to early briefings such as he has had about HCQ and retroviral drugs.
It's national security issue to protect a leader.
The Queen of australia would be getting the same care and probably HCQ as well as anything else with a poofteenth chance of mitigating death.

Quote:
Balsanaro is also a massive advocate of hydroxxxxxxx. He actually mingled with constitutuents. BAM.....got hit. Having said that, he has recovered pretty quick, but so do a large % of people not taking the drug.
Careful...you nearly conceded a degree of efficacy....

Last edited by zilo; 30-07-2020 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Acronym wrong
Old 30-07-2020, 10:56 PM   #4742
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
The Queen of australia would be getting the same care and probably HCQ as well as anything else with a poofteenth chance of mitigating death.
In your words....got proof?

Quote:
Careful...you nearly conceded a degree of efficacy....
Not conceding anything, because quite frankly I have said I don't know. Therefore I support more testing before we start dishing it out like vitamins. I gave you a personal account of what the downside can be, but you just fobbed it off. But hey, its a free country
We are definitely not short of supply. Clive bought 32m doses which the government now has stockpiled.
Old 30-07-2020, 11:21 PM   #4743
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Key phrase is 'up to'... I think we all know she won't get much more than a slap on the wrist.
What happened with her car? Cops broke the window to get her out didn't they? I wonder if it was towed. At least she is up for a new window.
Old 30-07-2020, 11:35 PM   #4744
gooseneck
Banned

combine that to making an *** of herself publically thats gotta at least get her on the waiting list for a new job.

Then having to say "Oh that wasn't me that was someone else" for the rest of her life at each new job interview after she's changed her name and moved to another part of the country has gotta hurt.

Then having to go on anti-depressants to stave off the constant public slander getting to you.

Yeah its not gonna be easy for her.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2020, 01:37 AM   #4745
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The New England Journal of Medicine study on hydroxxxxx for mild to moderate cases.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2019014

"A total of 18 patients died in the hospital during the trial (5 patients assigned to receive hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin, 7 in the hydroxychloroquine-alone group, and 6 in the control group). There were no significant between-group differences with regard to the secondary outcomes of thromboembolic complications or acute kidney injury within 15 days, either in the prespecified analyses (Table 2) or in post hoc analyses that accounted for the competing risk of death (Table S11)."

Note: All patients were already hospitalised
2 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2020, 04:58 AM   #4746
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Questions:

All Govt can do to anybody not following new quarantine or other pandemic related rules, is to give them a fine?

So, is it a criminal offence or not? They can only get prosecuted for false declaration and not for any other breaches??

I am confused.

Regards,
George V
Old 31-07-2020, 08:02 AM   #4747
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by George V View Post
Questions:

All Govt can do to anybody not following new quarantine or other pandemic related rules, is to give them a fine?

So, is it a criminal offence or not? They can only get prosecuted for false declaration and not for any other breaches??

I am confused.

Regards,
George V
Not sure what charges are applied but the extra cleaning of the local school that was closed cost around $4000. We should be asking those women to pick up the tab for that.
3 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2020, 09:42 AM   #4748
prydey
Rob

The brother of one of the girls caught in QLD is playing the race card...
https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...d57c211fe8913c

seems like a real bright person

also, not only did these girls lie (knowingly, equals not a mistake) to get across the border, even once tested they failed to isolate before getting the results back. There is no way you can't know the procedures unless you are living under a rock. Their actions are deliberate, and should be treated as such.

My folks live at Greenbank and regularly shop at Grand plaza, browns plains and Orion, Springfield. Thankfully my old man jumps in with my brother whenever he heads out west for work (birdsville, winton, longreach etc) so its just mum that is at home. The risk of infection is still very low but shows how easily it can happen.
Old 31-07-2020, 10:03 AM   #4749
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
13 years on a car forum makes you an expert on all topics and a judge and berate those who disagree with your..."expertise" .
My advice to add to your 13 years of wisdom is google "ad hominem"
Zilo, it might surprise you, but I don't consider myself to be an expert at anything. I might have significant experience in certain things, but there will always be people around that know more about a subject than I do.

The reference to 13 years was made simply to put some context to my statement of your post being the most out of touch comment I have seen, not in the last week, or year etc.

I didn't berate you either. I simply stated that I believe your views, if they really are your views and not just made to bait people, are out of touch with where society is at, as a whole. I'm not saying that there aren't others who hold your point of view, but I think those views are out dated and are not what the vast majority of our society think anymore. You're still entitled to hold that view, however.

And just as you would like to be able to voice your opinion here, so would I. As long as we do it respectfully, without denigrating to a slinging match, then I have no problems with us sharing our point of views, even if they differ markedly.

Anyway, on with the covid-19 discussion, eh?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 31-07-2020, 10:06 AM   #4750
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
seems like a real bright person
Trying to get away with lying when their mobile phone records show where they were plus airfares probably paid with credit cards and I think their details were taken when the cops busted the party they were at in Melbourne. Maybe the virus causes brain damage.

I live not too far from the Chatswood school and my neighbours grandkids go there.
Old 31-07-2020, 10:14 AM   #4751
hayseed

Citzens
Of
Victoria
Ignoring
Directions
Old 31-07-2020, 10:29 AM   #4752
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Does Hydroxychloroquine help with Covid19?

In Qld, you'll never know and if you try you will be fined!

https://www.qld.gov.au/health/condit...uine-direction
This user likes this post:
Old 31-07-2020, 10:41 AM   #4753
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post

Making sure that you put your one and only hope is in a rushed version of a vaccine.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 31-07-2020, 10:45 AM   #4754
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Making sure that you put your one and only hope is in a rushed version of a vaccine.
Why? What's the risk?

AstraZeneca to be exempt from coronavirus vaccine liability claims in most countries

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN24V2EN

Is this common for vaccines?
Old 31-07-2020, 10:56 AM   #4755
PhilT2

Quote:
Why? What's the risk?

AstraZeneca to be exempt from coronavirus vaccine liability claims in most countries

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN24V2EN

Is this common for vaccines?
The US has a vaccine court to handle claims of injury from vaccines. As part of this scheme vaccine manufacturers are exempt from liability claims. This was introduced to restore confidence in vaccines after the fraudulent claims by deregistered doctor Andrew Wakefield whose falsified research led to fears that vaccines cause autism.
Old 31-07-2020, 11:02 AM   #4756
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
The US has a vaccine court to handle claims of injury from vaccines. As part of this scheme vaccine manufacturers are exempt from liability claims. This was introduced to restore confidence in vaccines after the fraudulent claims by deregistered doctor Andrew Wakefield whose falsified research led to fears that vaccines cause autism.
The other countries haven't been named. Do we have a similar legal system here for that sort of stuff? It will be interesting if the several different vaccines all come out at the same time. Will we get to choose which one we prefer to take?
Old 31-07-2020, 11:30 AM   #4757
PhilT2

Quote:
The other countries haven't been named. Do we have a similar legal system here for that sort of stuff? It will be interesting if the several different vaccines all come out at the same time. Will we get to choose which one we prefer to take?
Totally different system everywhere else as the US is the only developed country without a public health system. Their vaccine court has a lower burden of proof than the ordinary legal process. Here I think you would have to sue your doctor, good luck with that.

I presume our govt will provide the vaccine for free to most if not all of the population. So you will get the one they provide. It is usually possible to find out who manufactured it. But no matter who develops the vaccine it will most likely be mass produced in China or India to keep the price down.
Old 31-07-2020, 11:58 AM   #4758
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
combine that to making an *** of herself publically thats gotta at least get her on the waiting list for a new job.

Then having to say "Oh that wasn't me that was someone else" for the rest of her life at each new job interview after she's changed her name and moved to another part of the country has gotta hurt.

Then having to go on anti-depressants to stave off the constant public slander getting to you.

Yeah its not gonna be easy for her.
Good.
Old 31-07-2020, 12:03 PM   #4759
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
Totally different system everywhere else as the US is the only developed country without a public health system. Their vaccine court has a lower burden of proof than the ordinary legal process. Here I think you would have to sue your doctor, good luck with that.

I presume our govt will provide the vaccine for free to most if not all of the population. So you will get the one they provide. It is usually possible to find out who manufactured it. But no matter who develops the vaccine it will most likely be mass produced in China or India to keep the price down.
I wonder if they will release the full disclosed non-tampered with documentation of the ingredients and results of all trial reports of the vaccine testing prior to release.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 31-07-2020, 12:17 PM   #4760
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Virology comprehensive medical report of Chloroquine as 'potent inhibitor' of Coronovirus infection. This is the official publication of Dr Fauci's National Institute of Health. These are finding from 2005.

https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/...1743-422X-2-69

Quote:
Conclusion
Chloroquine, a relatively safe, effective and cheap drug used for treating many human diseases including malaria, amoebiosis and human immunodeficiency virus is effective in inhibiting the infection and spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. The fact that the drug has significant inhibitory antiviral effect when the susceptible cells were treated either prior to or after infection suggests a possible prophylactic and therapeutic use.
So why the cloak and dagger BS about this form of treatment?

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 31-07-2020, 12:44 PM   #4761
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Virology comprehensive medical report of Chloroquine as 'potent inhibitor' of Coronovirus infection. This is the official publication of Dr Fauci's National Institute of Health. These are finding from 2005.

Maybe, for starters, because it was publishing 15 years ago, and we’re talking about COVID-19.

# 2. There are many types of CoronoVirus’s
Old 31-07-2020, 12:48 PM   #4762
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
I wonder if they will release the full disclosed non-tampered with documentation of the ingredients and results of all trial reports of the vaccine testing prior to release.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-8fhm0E1mo
Old 31-07-2020, 12:49 PM   #4763
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i just heard reported that in 1 in 4 confirmed cases of Covid 19 in Victoria, where self isolation was required by law, the people weren't home when Police or ADF checked on them!
Old 31-07-2020, 01:00 PM   #4764
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
Maybe, for starters, because it was publishing 15 years ago, and we’re talking about COVID-19.

# 2. There are many types of CoronoVirus’s
I don't think disputing a medical journal because of its date is worthy of debunking whether or not Chloroquine is actually useful. Yes there are many coronaviruses out there. But they are all closely related based on these findings. Ignoring this potential existing drug option is pointing towards other agenda's at play.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 31-07-2020, 01:16 PM   #4765
prydey
Rob

the common cold is a corona virus
Old 31-07-2020, 01:27 PM   #4766
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

723 new cases for Australia and 13 deaths (both record highs) sees the CMR rise to 1.159% but active cases drop to 5,495. NSW recorded 18, WA & SA 1 each, Queensland 3 and the balance were in Victoria.

1 new case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.410% and active cases rise to 24.

The UK recorded 846 new cases and 38 deaths yesterday so the CMR drops to 15.216%.

Just over 66k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,485 deaths sees CMR down to 3.368% and active cases at 47.5% with the raw numbers still rising. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases set a new daily high with 290,674;
The USA passes 150k deaths;
The USA completes 57M, India 18M and Germany 8M tests;
Asia records a new high for daily cases with 79,059 (and today is going to be higher already);
South America records a new high for daily cases with 95,675;

Hong Kong (149), Libya (216), Venezuela (701), Morocco (1,046), Ukraine (1,197), Philippines (3,954), Argentina (6,377) and India (54,996) all recorded new daily highs, those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Victoria is struggling to get on top of it, with another 623 cases reported today and 25% of those who they visit for contact tracing not even at home where they should be. It's these self-centred knobs that will infect other people and slow down the efforts to beat it. Do we need to start consider fitting them with ankle bracelets so we can track them?

Globally, it's not improving much either, with only Europe not exceeding it's 90th percentile case numbers at all during the last week. Conversely, Africa has had one day over and that was a new record; North America has had three days over including a new record; South America has had 5 days over including a new record and Asia has had every day of the last seven over the 90th percentile including a new record high. In fairness, it should be noted that the continent case numbers are only recorded from May 1st onward and thus some may have had higher totals prior to that which would impact the 90th percentile calculation.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 31-07-2020, 01:29 PM   #4767
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i find it interesting that one old bloke in the U.S. with no medical quals at all, claims that he's taking a particular drug and that it may be beneficial in treating Covid and millions now want it considered as a serious treatment.
Old 31-07-2020, 02:14 PM   #4768
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Check out the map where the cases are coming from.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...reas-postcodes

Surprise surprise it's North West, West and the dodgiest area of the South East.
Old 31-07-2020, 02:20 PM   #4769
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post

In America when the "president" spoke about hydroxychloroquine it caused a rush buy and patients with conditions treated by the drug could not source it.

https://www.propublica.org/article/l...irus-treatment

Do you think that's fair?

Old 31-07-2020, 02:22 PM   #4770
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I don't think disputing a medical journal because of its date is worthy of debunking whether or not Chloroquine is actually useful. Yes there are many coronaviruses out there. But they are all closely related based on these findings. Ignoring this potential existing drug option is pointing towards other agenda's at play.
My wife is heavily involved in medical research & she thinks your post is “funny”.
Closed Thread