Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-07-2020, 03:11 PM   #4621
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Default Re: Covid 19 -

CNN - Criminal News Network !

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/10/h...ine/index.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/02/h...udy/index.html

2 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 03:14 PM   #4622
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Funny how if it comes from Trump, its crapped on by all MSM networks, but if it comes from anyone else THEY view as credible, its front page news, regardless of the truth of the subject.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
4 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 03:29 PM   #4623
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

I don’t care for the politics of the situation abroad, I want to know why if this stuff works we aren’t in Australia doing something about it, there are hundreds of elderly people in homes that are either infected or at risk of being infected which could have potentially been avoided or minimised for minimal cost.
3 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 03:43 PM   #4624
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
I want to know why if this stuff works we aren’t in Australia doing something about it, there are hundreds of elderly people in homes that are either infected or at risk of being infected which could have potentially been avoided or minimised for minimal cost.
Because it doesn't work. Studies show patients end up with more heart and liver problems among the people who took it.

2 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #4625
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
I don’t care for the politics of the situation abroad, I want to know why if this stuff works we aren’t in Australia doing something about it, there are hundreds of elderly people in homes that are either infected or at risk of being infected which could have potentially been avoided or minimised for minimal cost.
Pretty sure people are free to listen to who ever they want and inject what they want.

Id rather some kind of medical body or a government to endorse first, and even then someone else can go first.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 03:56 PM   #4626
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

So for that second link that you have an objection to. Here is the headline

Study finds hydroxychloroquine may have boosted survival, but other researchers have doubts

It's actually a news report.... not an editorial/opinion piece. It reports on what the researchers said and then what others have said.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that news article. It reports on both sides of the debate and seems pretty balanced. It doesn't take a position.

The first link is an opinion piece and slams Trump a fair bit, but I think it's accurate and quotes trump verbatim on things that are disprovable.

And that drug isn't FDA approved for Coronavirus is it?

Maybe we need to take a light...a very powerful light.... and somehow get it inside the patient....like through the skin or by some other means....
Old 28-07-2020, 04:25 PM   #4627
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Because it doesn't work. Studies show patients end up with more heart and liver problems among the people who took it.
If people would dig deeper, instead of just taking whatever the MSM pump out as gospel...... lots of evidence out there, from credible people.
Law suits coming in this regard.
This user likes this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 04:27 PM   #4628
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Pretty sure people are free to listen to who ever they want and inject what they want.

Id rather some kind of medical body or a government to endorse first, and even then someone else can go first.
I’m not sure if your agreeing with me or not here?

If your talking about a Vaccine, I couldn’t agree more.
Old 28-07-2020, 05:23 PM   #4629
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Funny how anything near intelligent could come from Trump
There fixed it for you 👍
Old 28-07-2020, 05:24 PM   #4630
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
If people would dig deeper, instead of just taking whatever the MSM pump out as gospel...... lots of evidence out there, from credible people.
Karen at Bunnings ?
Old 28-07-2020, 06:04 PM   #4631
leesa

Quote:
Got link?

Old 28-07-2020, 06:28 PM   #4632
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No surprise they are already being pulled down, I watched these this morning, incredible to think the general population could all potentially take two tablets a week and suppress this virus very efficiently but it’s not even being discussed.
Yep, every country is in on the biggest scam in history.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
3 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 06:42 PM   #4633
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
Yep, every country is in on the biggest scam in history.
I’m not saying conspiracy, scam or anything like that.

I’m saying there are doctors that are presenting evidence this stuff works in the front line, there are also now studies out proving the same.

The ones claiming otherwise with health complications have been retracted.

My comment in regards to the video being pulled down is based on the fact that anything not backed by the WHO is being pulled off YouTube in relation to this and has been for months.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 06:47 PM   #4634
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:

I’m saying there are doctors that are presenting evidence this stuff works in the front line, there are also now studies out proving the same.

My comment in regards to the video being pulled down is based on the fact that anything not backed by the WHO is being pulled off YouTube in relation to this and has been for months.
Karen, is that you?
Old 28-07-2020, 06:50 PM   #4635
prydey
Rob

Quote:

The thing is, both sides of the debate are saying the same thing. Both claiming that studies to the contrary are being ignored.
Old 28-07-2020, 07:08 PM   #4636
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
The thing is, both sides of the debate are saying the same thing. Both claiming that studies to the contrary are being ignored.
Makes for a confusing situation, but to be clear, from what I’ve read these doctors are saying the previous studies have been retracted after being reviewed and the latest studies are showing positive effects.

They were doing local studies on this stuff and the ivermectin but I’m yet to hear any results.
Old 28-07-2020, 07:24 PM   #4637
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Makes for a confusing situation, but to be clear, from what I’ve read these doctors are saying the previous studies have been retracted after being reviewed and the latest studies are showing positive effects.

They were doing local studies on this stuff and the ivermectin but I’m yet to hear any results.
Is this you ?

http://https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/victorian-anti-masker-seen-arguing-over-face-covering-with-police-c-1199273
Old 28-07-2020, 07:46 PM   #4638
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

And on most other social media platforms.

America stops their funding for WHO next July.

Then it will be the United Nations - or at least a complete restructure.
Old 28-07-2020, 10:38 PM   #4639
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I heard that Mr+Mrs Hanks were given hydroxychloroquine, she complained.
But they are risk category and are alive.

My point is

1) that there was scientific theory that drove that (I thought the idea originated in Europe).

2) It has been used in Australia with anecdotal success (Hanks)
Old 28-07-2020, 10:53 PM   #4640
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Maybe we need to take a light...a very powerful light.... and somehow get it inside the patient....like through the skin or by some other means....

This is an example of Trumps problem solving technique, it is called brainstorming - it works very well ... but best if a US president does not do it on Camera.

In an interesting note - he is describing an already existing medical procedure. (search "UV Blood Treatment")

And Hydrogen Peroxide is also used as an intravenous antiseptic

I do not vouch for this site, but it gives enough info for you to know what to search to find if these are acceptable/recognised medical treatments
https://elitehealthyliving.com/uv-li...s-in-the-body/
3 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 11:01 PM   #4641
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
You are stating that as a consequence of an FDA approved anti malarial drug being administered Covid patients develop heart and liver problems that otherwise would not have occurred?

Go ahead...make my day and prove it?
Old 28-07-2020, 11:39 PM   #4642
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
You are stating that as a consequence of an FDA approved anti malarial drug being administered Covid patients develop heart and liver problems that otherwise would not have occurred?

Go ahead...make my day and prove it?
Are you guys talking about hydrowhateveryoucallit? My mum has lupus and she was put on it many years ago. It messed up her thyroids and nearly made her blind. Went off it and recovered somewhat.

Sure, if you are about to die and you have no options then take it. But it's not recommended for normal patients with cv. It'll do more harm than good. Remember most cv patients actually recover.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 29-07-2020, 09:48 AM   #4643
HIPO
Al

I see Twatter came down on Trump Jr for posting that vid ..... same platform that refuses to take down peeps promoting pedophilia....
3 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2020, 09:52 AM   #4644
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
... same platform that refuses to take down peeps promoting pedophilia....
??? Evidence?
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 29-07-2020, 10:20 AM   #4645
HIPO
Al

Quote:
??? Evidence?
Search Twitter pedo's......... cant you guys dig now & then, i feel like your Mother!
Old 29-07-2020, 10:33 AM   #4646
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

367 new cases for Australia and 6 deaths sees the CMR rises to 1.091% and active cases rise to 5,824. NSW recorded 14, SA and WA 1 each and the balance were in Victoria.

1 new case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.413% and active cases remain at 21.

The UK recorded 581 new cases and 119 deaths yesterday so the CMR rises to 15.257%.

Just over 61k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,227 deaths sees CMR down to 3.408% and active cases at 48.4% with the raw numbers still rising. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
The USA passes 150k deaths;
Asia passes 4M cases;
The USA completes 55M, India 17M and the UK 15M tests;

Libya (190), Israel (2,308) and Colombia (10,284) all recorded new daily highs, those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Globally, the number of new infections has been decreasing this week albeit not by enough to reverse the direction of the trend line but any downward trend has to be considered a good one.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2020, 10:39 AM   #4647
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Search Twitter pedo's......... cant you guys dig now & then, i feel like your Mother!
yeah that will go down great with my work IT department.

How about people post links to back up their wild accusations?
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 29-07-2020, 10:39 AM   #4648
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Funny how if it comes from Trump, its crapped on by all MSM networks, but if it comes from anyone else THEY view as credible, its front page news, regardless of the truth of the subject.
I think its because he called it a hoax for a couple of months, and also praised Xi for how he handled the outbreak and for co-operating, then did a massive 360. He lost all credibility during that phase and its hard to peg it back, even though some of what he is saying now may have merit. That's the problem. You tell so many fibs and half truths, then when something that might be true and important comes out your mouth, no one believes it.

I'm predicting that twatter will get heavily censored or even shut down prior to Nov.
Old 29-07-2020, 10:40 AM   #4649
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Speaking of China, and there will always be doubt on their stats, but how are they travelling? Dot hey have a second wave?
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 29-07-2020, 10:48 AM   #4650
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Speaking of China, and there will always be doubt on their stats, but how are they travelling? Dot hey have a second wave?
I don't know about mainland, I think there are a few spot fires. But news from relatives in HK indicates they are having a 3rd wave. And its worse than the 1st and 2nd. Apparently it is sourced back to sea or aircrew members and domestic helpers, then add complacency to help the spread.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...scariest-surge

And here, air crew members seen mingling in tourist areas whilst awaiting test results....

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...eas-pilot-seen
Closed Thread