Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-07-2020, 06:36 PM   #4681
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP owner View Post
They stopped the using it as a trial when results from other major centres indicated it increased the mortality rate.
Thanks GTP, that contradicts a news article I’d read last night stating the trials would continue despite the WHO having paused their trials after that failed report was released.

Did this include the trials for healthcare workers as a preventative measure?

Do you know if the ivermectin study continued?

Last edited by FPV8U; 29-07-2020 at 07:04 PM.
Old 29-07-2020, 06:43 PM   #4682
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Are you guys talking about hydrowhateveryoucallit? My mum has lupus and she was put on it many years ago. It messed up her thyroids and nearly made her blind. Went off it and recovered somewhat.
My neighbours' next door to the bus drivers grandmother had an apprentice who had a heart problem and recovered somewhat by taking it by standing on one leg....true...

Quote:
Sure, if you are about to die and you have no options then take it. But it's not recommended for normal patients with cv. It'll do more harm than good. Remember most cv patients actually recover.

Prove the highlighted text? Maybe get Leesa to help?
3 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2020, 06:55 PM   #4683
zilo
BANNED

The Trump bashers will go to any lengths to discredit him, even to the point of misleading the public about the benefits of the drug.

Then there are the confused nutters who cite examples of well advanced Covid victims having adverse symptoms after taking the drug.

Yet the essential point is always missed, take the bloody thing before you get sick, not when they are pumping all sorts of crap into you cause the options have run out.

From the articles mentioned earlier, in a nut shell...

"For hydroxychloroquine to have a benefit, it needs to begin before the patients begin to suffer some of the severe immune reactions that patients can have with Covid," he added."

But like any investment read the prospectus, nothing is guaranteed in life.
4 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2020, 07:31 PM   #4684
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
My neighbours' next door to the bus drivers grandmother had an apprentice who had a heart problem and recovered somewhat by taking it by standing on one leg....true...
Thanks. Real nice. Hope you never have to find out.

Quote:
Prove the highlighted text? Maybe get Leesa to help?
I can't work out what you are trying to say. Its like you are suggesting there is some sort of conspiracy by government agencies all over the world to want to let its own people die by not giving them this miracle drug.

UK are starting trials again. Maybe they'll find something that everyone else has missed. Who knows. If they find something then you can come back tell everyone you were right.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2020, 07:37 PM   #4685
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
How good is this for a fake news story from NBCnews

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncn...mpression=true

Except the USA's population during the civil war was circa 32M people - it's now around 330M people.

The US Civil War remains the deadliest conflict per capita in their history.

Misleading context

#fakenews
#propagandists
Putting more context around that article this is how it appears on Twitter if you go to share it - note the summary.

'Proving more deadly than the civil war' - honestly **** right off with your outright lies.

3 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2020, 08:00 PM   #4686
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
The Trump bashers will go to any lengths to discredit him, even to the point of misleading the public about the benefits of the drug.

Then there are the confused nutters who cite examples of well advanced Covid victims having adverse symptoms after taking the drug.

Yet the essential point is always missed, take the bloody thing before you get sick, not when they are pumping all sorts of crap into you cause the options have run out.

From the wacko articles mentioned earlier, in a nut shell...

"For hydroxychloroquine to have a benefit, it needs to begin before the patients begin to suffer some of the severe immune reactions that patients can have with Covid," he added."

I’ve fixed it for you 👍
Old 29-07-2020, 08:06 PM   #4687
PhilT2

Quote:

From the articles mentioned earlier, in a nut shell...

This is the doctor in the Trump tweet promoting hydroxychloroquine. She can also help you with magic spells cast by witches and warlocks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnu_h4gz-O4&t=457s

We are all free to make our own judgement on who the "confused nutters" are.
Old 29-07-2020, 08:09 PM   #4688
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
This is the doctor in the Trump tweet promoting hydroxychloroquine. She can also help you with magic spells cast by witches and warlocks.

And the sad thing is these Wackos and absolute nut jobs get people to believe their drivel 👎

But if it’s on the Internet, and you’re not very smart, it must be true 👍
Old 29-07-2020, 08:59 PM   #4689
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
I see Twatter came down on Trump Jr for posting that vid ..... same platform that refuses to take down peeps promoting pedophilia....
Yep. It was a mass suspension or account restriction - just for conservatives of course.

Here's another video that YouTube has been taking down:

As for the ''wacko witch doctor'', well another nut job Alex Jones had been calling out Jeffrey Epstein and his Island for yonks and all the people linked to him are some of the most anti-Trump on the planet, gee, wonder why.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2020, 09:34 PM   #4690
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Quote:
Conspiracy theorist Eve Black dramatically arrested in Melbourne
A woman who filmed herself laughing after she breached a coronavirus police checkpoint has been dramatically arrested in Melbourne.

Conspiracy theorist and virus denier Eve Black has been dramatically arrested in Melbourne, a week after she laughed her way through a police checkpoint.

Ms Black, 28, attracted outrage and was labelled selfish after she uploaded a video of her arguing with a police officer at a coronavirus checkpoint last week.

Ms Black, who last week uploaded a video of her confrontation with police at a lockdown checkpoint, was detained just before 2pm today in an arrest that forced police to smash her car window.

In a statement, Victoria Police said Ms Black, from Warrandyte, had been arrested on Princes St in the inner city Melbourne suburb of Carlton.

“She was asked to provide her name and address which she refused to do. Police then directed her to produce her driver’s licence and explain her reason for travel, which she also refused to comply with,” police said.

“This led to police arresting her. During the arrest, police were forced to break the woman’s car window as she refused to speak to them, wind down her window, or step out of the vehicle.”

The 28-year-old has been released pending summons for traffic-related offences, failing to produce a license, failing to produce name and address, and breaches of the Chief Health Officer’s directives.

Victoria Police had been looking for Ms Black since she laughed at officers while passing through a checkpoint in Bunyip on July 23.

Last week, Ms Black said she had no regrets about her public stunt, posting a message on her Facebook page saying “I regret nothing. I’m just tired of the abuse and threats. Wake up, sleeper” with the emoji of a sheep.

She also posted a quote purportedly from Melbourne Supreme Court Justice Stephen Kaye saying “it is an ancient principle of the common law that a person under arrest has no obligation to stop for police or answer their questions.

Ms Black engaged in a short debate with one of her followers who asked “what about if they committed an offence”.

She replied: “An offence is usually considered such through legislation. Technically, you must consent to legislation. However even still, they can not arrest you for an offence such as speeding etc.”

“What she did was incredibly selfish and by posting it on social media she was encouraging others to do the same,” Victorian Police Minister Lisa Neville said.

The officer seen in the footage was wearing a body camera and police know who Ms Black is, Ms Neville added.

“I’m sure she’s looking forward to a knock on the door from police officers.”

Ms Black’s video is one of a number circulating showing Melburnians subject to a stage 3 lockdown flouting the rules, with the encouragement and support of a conspiracy group.

“Let‘s take them down,” she says in the video as she drives up the checkpoint, and prays to God to give her strength.

Instead of sharing information at the checkpoint, Ms Black asks the officer whether she’d “disturbed the peace” by trying to leave her town.

“No,” the officer responds.

“I just asked what your reason for leaving today is.”

Ms Black responds: “I don‘t need to tell you that. I don’t know you.”

The officer asked again where she had come from.

“I don‘t need to answer your questions. Have I committed a crime? Have I committed a crime?” she asked twice.

The officer then waves Ms Black through the checkpoint and she can be seen laughing loudly as she drives away.

“I feel so good,” she says to the camera. She then bragged about it on Facebook.

“BOOM! No fine, drove straight out of Melbourne, they took no info from me,” she wrote.

“No License, No questions of theirs were answered. They work for us, not the other way around. YOU get to ask the questions. NOT them.”

Ms Black said she was “nervous as heck” as she approached the checkpoint, but encouraged her friends and family to “know their rights” during lockdown. She’s not the only one fighting back against public health measures.
https://www.news.com.au/national/vic...fd111f96770c20

That's a video I would have loved to see.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
6 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2020, 09:42 PM   #4691
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Imagine if they put that much effort into preventing 500 cases of COVID-19 in aged care facilities?
This user likes this post:
Old 29-07-2020, 09:47 PM   #4692
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Because I got sidetracked and ended up at the daily mail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ave-homes.html

Edit: In it, Rebecca Judd highlights and condemns the CHO for saying it is possible to go out to exercise when corona positive.

Last edited by Sprintey; 29-07-2020 at 09:58 PM.
Old 29-07-2020, 11:00 PM   #4693
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Thats the funny part. If they aren't doing anything wrong then why go out there armed with the camera ready?

The cops just need to start arresting these people who are clearly taking the ****.

Ask them for id and reason for travel. They either show it or don't get and put in a divvy van. Don't stand around and listen to their BS.
Old 29-07-2020, 11:07 PM   #4694
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Thats the funny part. If they aren't doing anything wrong then why go out there armed with the camera ready?

The cops just need to start arresting these people who are clearly taking the ****.

Ask them for id and reason for travel. They either show it or don't get and put in a divvy van. Don't stand around and listen to their BS.
I'd be more inclined to say to just write them up. Carting them off in a dog box would give them more Bookface material.
Old 29-07-2020, 11:23 PM   #4695
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post

They are trying to follow what they do in the states.

Take a look on Youtube - heaps of 'training' videos showing you how to deal with police when they ask you questions.

They follow the same song sheet:

Have I done a crime? Am I under arrest? Are you detaining me? I don't have to answer you due to XYZ constitution / Legislation. I'm a sovereign citizen, I'm not driving, I'm travelling. I don't need to wind my window down more than an inch. I refuse to answer questions.

The best clips are the ones where the police have had enough and yank them out of the car kicking and screaming.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
4 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2020, 11:39 PM   #4696
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

This is how plebs have to fly now. Konfetka left tonight for family in Europe not long after this selfie. Basically a mask and shield for the next 30-odd hours.

Old 29-07-2020, 11:58 PM   #4697
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post

Won't be looking at it....only nutters look at youtube videos that are over an hour long.
Old 30-07-2020, 12:02 AM   #4698
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The New England Journal of Medicine study on hydroxxxxx for mild to moderate cases.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2019014

"A total of 18 patients died in the hospital during the trial (5 patients assigned to receive hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin, 7 in the hydroxychloroquine-alone group, and 6 in the control group). There were no significant between-group differences with regard to the secondary outcomes of thromboembolic complications or acute kidney injury within 15 days, either in the prespecified analyses (Table 2) or in post hoc analyses that accounted for the competing risk of death (Table S11)."

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.

Last edited by T3rminator; 30-07-2020 at 12:10 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2020, 12:03 AM   #4699
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
I've deliberately editted and misquoted you👍
Fixed it back for you....
Old 30-07-2020, 12:14 AM   #4700
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
The New England Journal of Medicine study on hydroxxxxx for mild to moderate cases.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2019014

"A total of 18 patients died in the hospital during the trial (5 patients assigned to receive hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin, 7 in the hydroxychloroquine-alone group, and 6 in the control group). There were no significant between-group differences with regard to the secondary outcomes of thromboembolic complications or acute kidney injury within 15 days, either in the prespecified analyses (Table 2) or in post hoc analyses that accounted for the competing risk of death (Table S11)."

I like this bit.....

Our trial has several limitations. First, although the point estimate of effect suggests no major difference between the groups with respect to the primary outcome, the trial cannot definitively rule out either a substantial benefit of the trial drugs or a substantial harm. For the comparison between hydroxychloroquine and control, for example, our data are compatible with odds ratios as low as 0.69 and as high as 2.11. Second, the trial was not blinded. Third, despite intense efforts to maintain adherence to the assigned treatments, a lack of medications that were perceived as beneficial by clinicians and patients led to some protocol deviations. Fourth, the use of hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin was widespread among patients hospitalized with Covid-19 in participating hospitals. The enrollment of patients with no previous use of these medications was challenging, so we decided to enroll patients provided that their previous use since the onset of symptoms was limited to 24 hours. Finally, although the median time from symptom onset to randomization was 7 days, we included patients up to 14 days after the beginning of symptoms; it is conceivable that interventions that may limit viral replication (e.g., hydroxychloroquine) may be more effective earlier in the course of the disease.
Old 30-07-2020, 12:23 AM   #4701
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I like this bit.....

Our trial has several limitations. First, although the point estimate of effect suggests no major difference between the groups with respect to the primary outcome, the trial cannot definitively rule out either a substantial benefit of the trial drugs or a substantial harm. For the comparison between hydroxychloroquine and control, for example, our data are compatible with odds ratios as low as 0.69 and as high as 2.11. Second, the trial was not blinded. Third, despite intense efforts to maintain adherence to the assigned treatments, a lack of medications that were perceived as beneficial by clinicians and patients led to some protocol deviations. Fourth, the use of hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin was widespread among patients hospitalized with Covid-19 in participating hospitals. The enrollment of patients with no previous use of these medications was challenging, so we decided to enroll patients provided that their previous use since the onset of symptoms was limited to 24 hours. Finally, although the median time from symptom onset to randomization was 7 days, we included patients up to 14 days after the beginning of symptoms; it is conceivable that interventions that may limit viral replication (e.g., hydroxychloroquine) may be more effective earlier in the course of the disease.
So yes, more tests needed. Which is why the UK is restarting their trial. But this disproves the 100% success rate.
And if you read the label, there are side effects.
At the end of the day you need to strike the risk VS reward balance with all drugs. A lot of people recover with NO drugs.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 30-07-2020, 02:33 AM   #4702
gooseneck
Banned

I wouldn't trust any info coming out of a country that thinks herd immunity will work and bets the life of its people on that assumption.

The UK really likes to **** its people over.
Old 30-07-2020, 02:39 AM   #4703
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
So yes, more tests needed. Which is why the UK is restarting their trial. But this disproves the 100% success rate.
And if you read the label, there are side effects.
At the end of the day you need to strike the risk VS reward balance with all drugs. A lot of people recover with NO drugs.
Don't recall anyone claiming 100% success rate?

The president of the United States said he used it and has been flogged by pussy worshipers on the ABC here in Australia...daily.

I don't care about Donald Trump, but the incessant denigration by the likes of Lee Sales and all the other 97% female composition journalists at the ABC just...annoys me....all because he said he loves pussies 30 years ago....

The other 3% at the ABC are tight pants weather boys and skinny Vegan morning news readers...(may as well call them girls.)

Donald Trump hasn't caught Covid-19 yet......wonder how come?
(could it be some
hydroxychloroquine ?)

Must be annoying the crap out of the lefty ABC propaganda units.
5 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2020, 07:40 AM   #4704
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Was listening to the ABC/BBC this morning and they were interviewing a US medical advisor to Trumpypoo and he categorically states there is no good or reliable study showing any benefit at all for hydroxxxxx relating to CV19. None. Period.

Ill see if I can dig up the transcript but it was ~5:45Am AEST.

Quote:

(could it be some
hydroxychloroquine ?)
It is a shame, or is it just unreported? It would be the nail in the coffin for him it he does get it. That theory is a whack as any other supporting him.

It is amazing some are suggesting we should be taking an unproven drug (in this application) as a preventative measure with no proof, studies or due diligence. If that doesn't sum up how desperate Trump supporters are to blindly back him then good luck to you.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 30-07-2020 at 08:01 AM.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2020, 07:56 AM   #4705
PhilT2

Quote:
Won't be looking at it....only nutters look at youtube videos that are over an hour long.
You're probably right, but I don't know how much time the Trumps spend looking at her videos and i don't want to jump to conclusions.
Old 30-07-2020, 08:13 AM   #4706
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Great to hear of that news 👍
2 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2020, 09:07 AM   #4707
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Victorian Ms Eve Black is a rookie!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=433b5RJ9BME
4 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2020, 09:49 AM   #4708
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Victorian Ms Eve Black is a rookie!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=433b5RJ9BME
LOL.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 30-07-2020, 10:17 AM   #4709
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:

The president of the United States said he used it and has been flogged by pussy worshipers on the ABC here in Australia...daily.

I don't care about Donald Trump, but the incessant denigration by the likes of Lee Sales and all the other 97% female composition journalists at the ABC just...annoys me....all because he said he loves pussies 30 years ago....

The other 3% at the ABC are tight pants weather boys and skinny Vegan morning news readers...(may as well call them girls.)

(could it be some
hydroxychloroquine ?)

If you truly believe what you're saying in this post, and not just saying it to raise a response, then it would have to be one of the most out of touch posts I've seen on these forums. And I've been on here for over 13 years.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 30-07-2020, 10:21 AM   #4710
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

<snip>

(could it be some
hydroxychloroquine ?)

Peter Navarro was interviewed last night. He said there is no downside, only upside. False. And because it can have negative health effect on some people, medical experts need to be sure that the risk vs reward balance are in patient's favour.....at the moment there isn't sufficient proof.

How come Trump hasn't had it? Well neither has a big portion of the world's population. Leaders like Trump would also get special treatment, they would have a team that would constantly be deep cleaning the white house, he won't be catching public transport. During his ralies, he is on stage that is far enough from the crowds. I would say he is extremely low risk.

Balsanaro is also a massive advocate of hydroxxxxxxx. He actually mingled with constitutuents. BAM.....got hit. Having said that, he has recovered pretty quick, but so do a large % of people not taking the drug.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread