Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 03:51 PM   #5071
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

It could be a small-ish disc with a handgrip at the back edge, the appearance is driven by styling.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:11 PM   #5072
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
CB

I do wish the thermometers were not shaped like firearms. Not a fan of pointing guns or other tools at people.

Like this poor fella:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WatchPeople...ause_its_true/
3 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2020, 04:22 PM   #5073
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I do wish the thermometers were not shaped like firearms. Not a fan of pointing guns or other tools at people.
I agree. Whats the alternative?

"excuse me sir, please drop your pants, bend over and allow me to take your temperature"

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
2 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2020, 04:26 PM   #5074
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

In a screened booth with their RN credentials on display, and in a situation where temperature checking was perhaps needed, I’d have no problem with that.
This user likes this post:
Old 07-08-2020, 04:27 PM   #5075
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

I can't take credit for the wit but .... It's more than likely that Covid-19 will still be around at Christmas time - how are we going to explain to kids that Santa is still allowed to go into millions of houses?

Attachment 103315

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 13-08-2020 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:31 PM   #5076
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

It’s sadly implicit in many dialogues, that people expect the situation to be resolved before then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COVID-19
Well, it is Christmas Eve and all. I’ve had a lovely time travelling the world and meeting everybody, but I best be off now so you can enjoy your festivities. Toodle pip!
Old 07-08-2020, 04:56 PM   #5077
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Perhaps a temperature check like this Citroenbender?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmUVo0xVAqE
Old 07-08-2020, 04:58 PM   #5078
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And yep, been there, done that, it's no fun at all when pointing at you.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:29 PM   #5079
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
how are we going to explain to kids that Santa is still allowed to go into millions of houses?

Attachment 103315
Just tell the kids that Santa has been taking Hydroxychloroquine.
3 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2020, 05:42 PM   #5080
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Just tell the kids that Santa has been taking Hydroxychloroquine.
Even kids that still believe in Santa aren't going to fall for that...
Old 07-08-2020, 05:52 PM   #5081
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Also notice the difference in attitude and language between the BLM protesters and the anti maskers protest[/url]
Did you also notice the difference in lockdown stages? The BLM protest was during stage 2 restrictions, with almost everyone was wearing a mask. These stupid dimwits are planning a protest during stage 4 restrictions, when the infections rates are at the highest it has been. Hence the "difference in attitude and language."

Sincerely hope each one of these dimwits get infected with COVID. If only we could organise a few positive cases to infiltrate and join these dimwits on Sunday under disguise...
...hmm.. now there's an idea.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:55 PM   #5082
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Didn't you see the memo that says schools are safe places and kids don't get the virus or spread it...
You and I both know that memo doesn't exist
Old 07-08-2020, 05:59 PM   #5083
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Didn't you see the memo that says schools are safe places and kids don't get the virus or spread it...
They said the virus can be transmitted from one human to another human they told us..

But.... school aged 'beings' are not human??
3 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2020, 06:03 PM   #5084
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Sincerely hope each one of these Absolute Wackos gets infected with COVID. If only we could organise a few positive cases to infiltrate and join these Wack-jobs on Sunday under disguise...
I fixed it for you 👍
Old 07-08-2020, 06:47 PM   #5085
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Everyone puts **** on Americans but when you have a population of 330M you're going to proportionally have more dumbasses.

Think of India and China - they'd have a couple of Australia's worth of dumbasses just on sheer numbers.

Think of how many Indian doctors we have as well, both ends of the spectrum in big numbers.
That is true. But even accounting for their massive population, their cases and death rates are nuts in the US.

They are the richest country on earth, surely have the best health resources, and never fail at telling everyone else how much better they are at anything you can think of

They should and are held to a high standard.

The UK has a far worse CMR and they even have the NHS which the US certainly doesn't. They skate under the radar quite a bit.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:00 PM   #5086
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
That is true. But even accounting for their massive population, their cases and death rates are nuts in the US.

They are the richest country on earth, surely have the best health resources, and never fail at telling everyone else how much better they are at anything you can think of

They should and are held to a high standard.

The UK has a far worse CMR and they even have the NHS which the US certainly doesn't. They skate under the radar quite a bit.
Actually UK has surprisingly seem to be able to control their cases. Since July they are floating between 300 - 900 per day. Not bad for a population of 66m crammed into the space of Victoria. They stuffed up bad initially though.

NHS needs a lot of work. Severely under resourced. When I went in with symptoms of appendicitis they sent me home the first day. The 2nd day I went back and they put me on a bed for 6 hours. The only positive thing was a hot nurse coming in and "prodding" me with her thumb every hour or so. The surgeon later told me my appendix nearly burst and they had to send it off for further studies.

Mind you, if you recovered from CV you owe NHS nothing. In the US, there have been reports of uninsured people owing $400k

Last edited by T3rminator; 07-08-2020 at 07:11 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2020, 07:18 PM   #5087
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Actually UK has surprisingly seem to be able to control their cases. Since July they are floating between 300 - 900 per day. Not bad for a population of 66m crammed into the space of Victoria. They stuffed up bad initially though.

NHS needs a lot of work. Severely under resourced. When I went in with symptoms of appendicitis they sent me home the first day. The 2nd day I went back and they put me on a bed for 6 hours. The only positive thing was a hot nurse coming in and "prodding" me with her thumb every hour or so. The surgeon later told me my appendix nearly burst and they had to send it off for further studies.

Mind you, if you recovered from CV you owe NHS nothing. In the US, there have been reports of uninsured people owing $400k
To clarify the problem isn't the NHS. If we were dealing with the same conditions, Medicare would have been crippled too.

It is and always has been about not overwhelming the capacity of the hospitals which we put measures to stop that pretty early.

The only reason I mention it is because it is not out of pocket and therefore not a blocker.

I wonder if the UK shift had anything to do with BoJo getting the Rona. At least BoJo learned a lesson.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:14 PM   #5088
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Even kids that still believe in Santa aren't going to fall for that...
Will they believe the vaccine will be available by Nov 3; someone says it will be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwQwOrj1LEo&t=305s
Old 07-08-2020, 08:18 PM   #5089
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
I can't take credit for the wit but .... It's more than likely that Covid-19 will still be around at Christmas time - how are we going to explain to kids that Santa is still allowed to go into millions of houses?

Attachment 103315
Perfect opportunity to tell your kids he died and there's no presents anymore
Old 07-08-2020, 08:19 PM   #5090
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Have to say, driving to and from work yesterday and today, there was absolutely no change in traffic volume whatsoever. Even businesses around my work, that I would consider as non-essential, were open and fully functioning with maximum staff numbers.

I think they have granted anyone and everyone who applied for a permit to stay open, a permit. Over the next couple of weeks, they will start issuing fines for the ones that falsely applied for a permit. The fine is close to $20'000 for an individual, and almost $100'000 for a business.

Last edited by Tickford.; 07-08-2020 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:20 PM   #5091
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Did you also notice the difference in lockdown stages? The BLM protest was during stage 2 restrictions, with almost everyone was wearing a mask. These stupid dimwits are planning a protest during stage 4 restrictions, when the infections rates are at the highest it has been. Hence the "difference in attitude and language."

Sincerely hope each one of these dimwits get infected with COVID. If only we could organise a few positive cases to infiltrate and join these dimwits on Sunday under disguise...
Regardless of the 'stage' of restrictions it was still a bad idea - whats the difference now? You need a star of david 'work permit' and a 'face covering'?

Pro tip - I'm only wearing my 'face covering' for compliance, it protects me from Victoria Police.

Why do you think people started ignoring government direction in huge numbers?
3 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2020, 08:26 PM   #5092
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Regardless of the 'stage' of restrictions it was still a bad idea - whats the difference now? You need a star of david 'work permit' and a 'face covering'?

Pro tip - I'm only wearing my 'face covering' for compliance, it protects me from Victoria Police.

Why do you think people started ignoring government direction in huge numbers?
Protects you from police? Or hides your face legally during a robbery?
3 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2020, 08:28 PM   #5093
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Protects you from police? Or hides your face legally during a robbery?
This is what it is

I don't wear sunnies but I have the flexfit baseball cap and the Australian flag covering most of my face.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:42 PM   #5094
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had to laugh because I was watching an US news report where some bloke was banning people from wearing masks in his store. I think it was a gun store but ****en
Old 07-08-2020, 08:55 PM   #5095
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
You and I both know that memo doesn't exist

For a memo that doesn't exist I have a few copies of it.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:54 PM   #5096
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
It’s sadly implicit in many dialogues, that people expect the situation to be resolved before then.
with the disrespect of advice ongoing and rampant, its debatable if this is 4 weeks or 20 weeks.
I would like the best outcome
Old 07-08-2020, 10:49 PM   #5097
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
This is what it is

I don't wear sunnies but I have the flexfit baseball cap and the Australian flag covering most of my face.
Noice, leave no real anything. Eyes, there're pretty common. Unless you're a cyclops. Thats not common. Never met a cyclops. But keep the plans for a ram raid in the shot 4L80 stato. The mask is a legal requirement. So its legal yet illegal.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:16 AM   #5098
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

A much lower 382 new cases for Australia and 11 deaths sees the CMR rise to 1.312% and active cases rise to 8,859. NSW recorded 11; SA recorded 2 with the balance in Victoria. Australia also passed the 20k case mark.

No new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.402% and active cases remain at 23.

The UK recorded 871 new cases and 98 deaths yesterday so the CMR drops to 15.052%.

Just over 58k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,203 deaths sees CMR down to 3.235% and active cases at 45.6% with the raw numbers rising. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Mexico passes 50k deaths;
Russia completes 30M and France 4M tests;
Asia records a new high for daily cases with 88,975;

Lebanon (279), Libya (404), Poland (809), Venezuela (981), Costa Rica (1,011), Ukraine (1,453), Iraq (3,461) and Argentina (7,513) recorded new daily highs, those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 08-08-2020, 11:52 AM   #5099
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

With regards to Costa Rica high number.... from yesterday, they adopted a new case count method... If a person is ill and tests Covid positive, anyone residing in the same household (regardless of illness) is also deemed positive.
This has virtually doubled our new case numbers overnight.
Really makes one question what the REAL numbers are worldwide?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
2 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2020, 12:05 PM   #5100
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
With regards to Costa Rica high number.... from yesterday, they adopted a new case count method... If a person is ill and tests Covid positive, anyone residing in the same household (regardless of illness) is also deemed positive.
This has virtually doubled our new case numbers overnight.
Really makes one question what the REAL numbers are worldwide?
That's a little nuts even by Pura Vida standards. Perhaps they can just start testing some more people to gauge where they are really at?

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread