Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-07-2005, 10:14 PM   #1
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Getting Software To Work

I downloaded some software from the web for evaluation purposes. Its given me crappy instructions on how to get it to work. Bin and cue files. Says to unrar it. I have win rar, but can't see how to unrar it. Anyone had any experience with getting the programs to work using bin and cue files.

Thanks

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 11:02 PM   #2
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bin and cue files are usually files associated with CD image files. A program like Daemon Tools allows you to open these cd image files without having to burn them to disc first. Good for backing up CDs to an image file and checking they work before burning them to disc.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/port...tegory&catid=5
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 11:32 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Go here:
http://www.videolan.org/

download the program and it will run the files. Its a media file I'm guessing..

Then go into the File/Wizard section and it lets you convert it to an MPEG file.

Strangely enough I had the same issue as you just tonight and got this file, worked it out and had the file converted to MPEG in about 20 minutes. Very easy program to use.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 11:34 PM   #4
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

There are 2 parts to your problem...first, a RAR file is just the same as a ZIP file...just open it with Winrar and extract it somewhere to your hard drive.
Next you need to either mount, or burn the BIN image file.

Another good program is Alcohol 120%, although it costs money if you want it "legally".
But as mentioned previously, just install the Deamon software, and you "mount" that BIN image to the virtual drive, and the pc sees the image as a normal CD.
Or you can just use most burning software such as Nero, to burn the BIN image to CD.

Capser, not sure what you mean in your post? Dont think what he has is a media file? Its a peice of software that is in a CD Image format.

Most "evaluation" programs that are "acquired" will be in this kind of format...not that I would know...ahem...

Last edited by the_scotsman; 14-07-2005 at 11:39 PM.
the_scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 07:47 AM   #5
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Guys for your help. The software i'm trying to get to work is a game.

I've downloaded a few of the tools you guys suggested. I think Alcohol could be the one i need. If only I had blank cd's DOH!!

Anyway, will get some today and see how i get on. Thanks again for your help. Appreciate it.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post