Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default AFF Ford Drag Nationals 2nd and 3rd of May 2008 #

AFF Ford Drag Nationals 2nd and 3rd of May 2008

AFF Ford Drag Nationals will be a 2 day event to held at Heathcote Park Raceway.
Friday Night will be a test and tune.
Saturday there will be more time for testing in the morning and then there will be a DYO competition in the Afternoon.
We would love to see a big turnout for both days, but for the Friday night 6pm test and tune to go ahead we need a min of 30 cars and the Friday night only will have to be prepaid. (Payment details on this later).

This will be a great night for socializing and meeting your fellow Forum members, camping on site is allowed, bring a BBQ, Canteen will be open during racing, and hot showers are available for a modest cost.
Interstate visitors we want you, come on your own, come as a group organize your club and make a cruise this will be a weekend you won’t forget.

DYO Brackets
9.00 to 11.99
12.00 to 12.99
13.00 to 13.99
14.00 sec and over.
Chicks
Non Ford (DYO for any car that’s not Ford powered)

There will be prize money and or goods on offer with trophies for each of the 6 brackets for the winners and runner-ups.
Members this is your event show some support and get behind it.
Any questions please ask away…
Cost will be $40 for Friday night test and tune Saturday will be the same $40.
Please post your interest and a Mod or Admin will add your name to the list, if you’re coming on the Friday night to race add Friday next to your name, see below.

Click Here For All The Details & To Add Your Name

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

We thank the following sponsors for there support of this event, make sure you let these shops know you appreciate them supporting your Forum and your Events..

Bluepower: DYO 9.00 to 11.99
Winner $100 & Bonus Dyno Voucher
Runner-up $50
http://www.bluepower.com.au/

Autotech Engineering: DYO 12.00 to 12.99
Winner $100
Runner-up $50
http://autotechengineering.com.au/

BTA Motorsport: DYO 13.00 to 13.99
Winner $100
Runner-up $50
http://www.btamotorsports.com.au/

Performance Ford Magazine
: DYO 14.00 sec and over.
Winner $100
Runner-up $50
http://www.performanceford.com.au/

Etheridge Ford
: DYO Chicks:
Winner $100
Runner-up $50
http://www.etheridgeford.com.au/

FTG Auto Salvage:
Non Ford
(DYO for any car that’s not Ford powered)
Winner $100
Runner-up $50
http://www.ftgautosalvage.com.au/Default.asp

www.tryinhere.com: Judges Choice,
Winner $50

www.tryinhere.com:
Encouragement Award
Winner $50

Stingray: Best Reaction time
Winner $50 (Sat only, you must have the time slip)
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/

Stingray:
Best Burnout
Winner $50 (Sat only, to be judged by HPR track staff)
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
See my signature for link to register your name for this event.

Old 25-02-2008, 10:52 AM   #3
SpoolMan

Direct Deposit details for Only Friday night's pre-paid test and tune.
We needed an absolute minimum of 30 cars for Friday Night, we have around 35, HPR normally want 40 cars to run an event, everyone who said they were racing now commits it should be a top night.
When paying in your deposit you must use your AFF user name and try and get the word DRAG in payment details, this helps us identify your payment so we can match it to your name.
Once you have made the payment send me a PM, anyone who is having trouble with direct deposit banking send me a PM.
Payments will be updated here once a week, when your payment has been processed the Friday next to your name on the list will be made red.

BSB: 013-354
Account: 4974 67086
Account Name: Fordforums Australia Inc.
Bank: ANZ
Amount: $40

Friday night is a pre-paid test and tune 6pm to 10pm.
Saturday is a day event, Starting @ 11am, Lunch @ 1.30pm, Start DYO @ 2pm.
There will be grudge matches in between if time permits.

Time slips for both days need to be picked-up from the control tower, we are no longer using the return road time box.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 25-02-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old 25-02-2008, 10:56 AM   #4
SpoolMan

I have opened this one up for general discussion..
Any new mods, times, tyres etc etc?

Old 26-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #5
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
I have opened this one up for general discussion..
Any new mods, times, tyres etc etc?
Black ute will be being prepped in a big way, soon as Josh's car is out, we are looking at a built motor, bigger tyres, cage and a chute.

Been quiet for a while, but time for some more FUN!!!

Time to ring the BELL.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2008, 11:08 AM   #6
WOLF
Track Red XY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower

Time to ring the BELL.
Hells Bells! Get out there and kill 'em mate...that 10.05 @ calder is still fresh in my mind....its a pity I'll be up in the mountains of Norway instead of heathcote to see a low 9 haha :
WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2008, 11:14 AM   #7
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's awesome news Chris, that thing is a rocket already! I can't imagine how quick it will be then, should be insane!
I think I may need to call past myself before this meet, to see if we can't coax my barge into the low 14's at all!

Evan
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #8
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Black ute will be being prepped in a big way, soon as Josh's car is out, we are looking at a built motor, bigger tyres, cage and a chute.

Been quiet for a while, but time for some more FUN!!!

Time to ring the BELL.
Hi Chris do you need to tub it for the bigger tyres?

Old 26-02-2008, 02:45 PM   #9
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Its going to need some work to mainly the tub, the inner chassis rails will have to remain stock. Im aiming for a 28 by 10.

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 26-02-2008, 02:50 PM   #10
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Its going to need some work to mainly the tub, the inner chassis rails will have to remain stock. Im aiming for a 28 by 10.

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 26-02-2008, 10:52 PM   #11
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

All the best mate , been trying to call you but your a busy man ........Mid 9s would be plow worthy ??
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2008, 03:33 AM   #12
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

can't wait for this one, being from the 'no 1/4mile racing for you' state (SA) :hihi:
As the friday will be the first time I've raced on a track, I don't think I'll do too well in the DYO comp.. So I'm going for the 'best burnout' award :evil3:

As for the coupe, I've recently fitted a new trans and bigger stall, so I'm swapping the current 3.7's for 4.11's to match. doing a few underbody traction-aiding mods too ;)
I'm even upgrading the engine in my effy for the trip lol.

If anyone from SA is thinking about heading over but doesn't have room for their slicks or whatever, yell out. I should have plenty of spare room on the back of the F100

Back to the burnouts, will the pad be opened for some fun at all?
Old 28-02-2008, 10:50 AM   #13
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8

If anyone from SA is thinking about heading over but doesn't have room for their slicks or whatever, yell out. I should have plenty of spare room on the back of the F100
Bring an esky and plenty of ice :hihi: : :newangel: :
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2008, 10:54 AM   #14
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Ill be running the new combo with slicks for the first time,I will have a few runs locally on street tyres before hand if I get the time.
I should have the bonnet cut for the big carb and spacers etc ready for the day,and maybe even run pipes off and make some noise..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2008, 04:01 AM   #15
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Bring an esky and plenty of ice :hihi: : :newangel: :
considering the Chloroform Racing Team (myself, barry and walkinshaw), and Greg (xalent) and his bro are coming over, yes, we'll have a large esky on hand :hihi:
don't think its contents will last too long tho lol..

I started a thread in the SA/WA/NT area asking if anyone wanted to join us..
you'd think there'd be some interest, what with the 1/4mile-racing drought we have here..
Old 29-02-2008, 06:14 AM   #16
SpoolMan

Monty are they all racing?

Old 29-02-2008, 11:21 AM   #17
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

nah barry and dan aren't, well, they might have a run or two in my car but they aren't bringing their own. Gregs racing his coupe, and his bro is racing his fairlane I think.
Been hassling Dave (Sourbastard) to come over on the saturday but he's got stuff on that weekend..
Old 29-02-2008, 11:40 AM   #18
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

I'm a maybe, if chloroform racing can help me get the XP done before race day, ill be there.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2008, 05:44 PM   #19
xalent
Red Eye Racing

Chloroform Racing hey? Sounds interesting....Bring some along! We call ourselves Red Eye Racing coz of all the um late nights and long drives to Heefkut! Got nothing to do with what goes on in the Millard (Team HQ) after hours....
xalent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #20
SpoolMan

We are happy to announce that Australia’s premier Dyno builder,
DYNO DYNAMICS will be bringing a DYNO to HPR on the Saturday May 3rd.

There will be a DYO Dyno competition at the track with prize money.
How it will work.
You nominate your RWKW and the 3 closest cars to nominate there RWKW will win the prizes.
Eg: Joe nominates 159rwkw and his car runs 165.4 rwkw he gets a difference of 6.4rwkw.
Should 2 or more cars finish on the same rwkw difference to the point, the car with the higher RWKW will be declared the winner.
The Dyno will be operated by DYNO DYNAMICS own operators (2), we are also looking for guy’s who have some knowledge to give these guys a hand, I am also looking for someone who wants to log the numbers and keep the ticket system going so cars a run in order of waiting.
The cost of this Dyno Competition is Free to all those who pay to race on the Saturday and are a member of this Forum.
Time is limited and we hope to get everyone who wants to enter gets a run, but we may full short, the dyno will be running thought the day whilst racing is going on.
Also any site sponsor who uses a DYNO DYNAMICS can use the dyno if the situation arises

So now you can back up your ET with a Dyno number and compare with your fellow racers.

Prize money and trophies are sponsored by Stef (xrqtr) @ Showtow Towing.
1st: $250 plus trophy
2nd: $100 plus trophy
3rd: $100 plus trophy

Many thanks to the following for there endeavours to get this to happen and to make this drag event bigger.
Carmel @ www.dyno.com.au , Stef from Showtow Towing & Chris @ www.bluepower.com.au

Last edited by SpoolMan; 02-04-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:55 PM   #21
naughts
Hmmmmm Mulberry....

Thats a great effort organising this.
Should be a bit of fun to see how times/hp match up.
Well done
naughts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #22
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

I am considering this one, I have never been racing before and luckily its a straight line so i wont axle tramp all the way around like at DECA :
I would like to crack the 20 second barrier in the XD aswell...
Can i ask what DYO means?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 12:12 AM   #23
XRNIL8

[Tonko] .... DYO ... Dial Your Own ..... tell em what you think you will run .... :eclipsee_

I am in the same boat as you, never raced on the drag strip before, but going to give it a go, although I am going on the Friday to see what times I can run ... then if I enjoy it, will sign up for the Saturday ... otherwise I will just take photos on the Saturday ;)

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
The new home of Motorsport in Central Victoria
XRNIL8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 09:21 PM   #24
SpoolMan

Race or spectator bring your mates your family and your friends, its a great day out of Ford Fun.
Swings for the kids, the food in the canteen is good and you wont be ripped off.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:03 PM   #25
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Race or spectator bring your mates your family and your friends, its a great day out of Ford Fun.
Swings for the kids, the food in the canteen is good and you wont be ripped off.
mmmmmmmmmmmm jam doughnuts.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #26
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
mmmmmmmmmmmm jam doughnuts.
Only after there Chicken snitzel burger... :

Old 09-04-2008, 04:34 AM   #27
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

[QUOTE=XRNIL8][Tonko]
I am in the same boat as you, never raced on the drag strip before, but going to give it a go, QUOTE]
sounds like there'll be a few of us 'first timers' on the weekend
I'll be a bit nervous, not because I'll more than likely stuff up and do some really bad launches etc.. more so because i'll be in my coupe...

maybe I should do a few runs in my effy first

Very much looking forward to this event

do us south ozzies get discounted donuts due to the costs involved in getting to the event? :
Old 09-04-2008, 08:48 AM   #28
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8

do us south ozzies get discounted donuts due to the costs involved in getting to the event? :
Yes you get the one day old ones from Coles 12 for 99c.. :

Old 10-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #29
xalent
Red Eye Racing

Phil, you'll have plenty of money to buy donuts after you win your bracket :
xalent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #30
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalent
Phil, you'll have plenty of money to buy donuts after you win your bracket :
biggest burnout? (performed on a trailer before the event)

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post