Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Maryborough Ford Car Club > Maryborough Ford Car Club - General Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-12-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
Ymir

Default Farewell AU

We obviously missed the Christmas run and were a little bummed about it. Unfortunately, a combination of "pressure" (we were happy to oblige) and excitment meant that we spent the weekend getting the AU ready for sale and then not tempting fate by driving it too far before we traded it.

After the meeting on Thursday night I did a search on Carpoint before going to bed. I stumbled across a good deal in BrizVegas and sent an enquiry, not expecting too much. The car was a colour that we hadn't considered.

As I was backing the XW out of the garage at 7am, my mobile rang - the salesperson. We talked for a few minutes and he undertook to call me at school after 10. I gave him the details of the AU and he said he'd work out a change-over.

He called at 10:15 and we struck a tentaive deal at 10:16 - they had to OK the AU and we had to OK the BA. It's a 2004 GT-P.

So, we travelled down on Sunday. On Mon. we went to DOT and took the personaised plates off, then went to Metro Ford and fell in lust. He started it and that was the end for me.

So, it's done 70K and has:
- SS cold air induction.
- extractors and quad pipes.
- premium sound.
- sun roof.
- brembo calipers, but the lst owner upgraded to Brembo rotors as well.
- big mouth filter.
- new tyres.
etc etc etc

It's an intoxicating, inebriating, wonderful package. I can see why people have raved about them. Helen loves it and now can't imagine having a "normal" car again.

Cheers