Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-04-2007, 02:17 PM   #1
MikGan

Default Price a Focus

Hey guys,

Im pulling up stumps and selling my focus (no this is not a for sale thread). Theres no supprise that I havent been 100% content with the Focus but I think I've made it pretty clear (or I hope I have) that my poor experiance was largely due to the Ford customer service I recieved and not so much the car. Thats why Im pulling up stumps and getting the hell away from any Ford I can think of and leasing through work a Subaru Forester XT.

But before I can do that I need to sell the Focus, I've put an ad up a few places and the ads get HEAPS of views but I am obviosly asking too much for it, what would u guys extect to see against an late 2005 CL Auto Hatch with the smooth pack and 53,000ks on the clock?

I put 18K on it with a wet finger test but what do you guys reckon? And any info on a decent figure I should be chasing for trade in would be good.

I suppose im not leaving the Ford crew all together, I've still got my clevo in an XE and Im pretty attached to that but the Focus has to go, got a new car on the way, new car smell, wooot!

MikGan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
MikGan

Does the lack of responses mean its completly worthless and I should give it away? :P *hahaha* but seriously ppl I need help asking a reasonable price for it. Im not one of those prickes that tries to make back every cent on a car just trying to sell it for a 'reasonable' price.
Old 27-04-2007, 11:17 AM   #3
scooby

Mik, bear in mind that at the moment the CL is selling new for $19,990 driveaway. ( tho that's the manual, extra $2,000 for auto)
scooby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 11:34 AM   #4
MikGan

yeah im not debating that 18K is too much, I personally feel that 17K would be a good number but 18kono being the ad I'd thought ppl would easily beat me down to 17K. Its got the smooth pack also (dont know what thats worth...?)
Old 27-04-2007, 11:48 AM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Smooth packs worth $500.

Have a look what others are selling for on Carsales, and see how long they last.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 01:43 PM   #6
MikGan

Well I hit up carsales for any 2005+ focus (auto) and if I put it in for 18-17K I think that I'd be by far the cheapest on there (except for one bloke but I think hes nuts). Granted that mine has more K's I'd think that thats fair, what do you guys reckon?

car sales search link I used
Old 27-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #7
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I reckon its sold at 17,000 and not much more.

17 grand is fair for what it is.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2007, 03:27 PM   #8
MikGan

Gees, 17K sounded good. I know dealerships will drive a hard bargin on trade-ins etc but I cant find one that will go near it for anything over 13K, my god fords dont hold their value seems no mater what model!

In fact my local subaru dealer was willing to give me MORE than my local Ford dealerships, just another reason never to get a Ford. I like my fords old, with plenty of rust and a big v8, the modern ones are piles :P
Old 25-05-2007, 05:57 PM   #9
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Of course you're going to get reamed as a trade in. That's what car salesman do, buy low, sell high. & it ain't just fords.
Old 25-05-2007, 11:59 PM   #10
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

I was pleased to see today that my 4 year old LR Zetec is being valued at $19,500 by AAMI (received bill for this years premium in the mail)
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2007, 12:08 PM   #11
MikGan

yeah thats what AAMI say its worth the second hand market says its worth bubcus.