Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #1
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Default New look Google Maps

Call me old fashioned and a Luddite BUT in my opinion the new look google maps is a pox.

Google seems to be run by people who's idea is to bring out a new version for the sake of it looking different, they don't realise it is often better to leave what isn't broken alone. Luckily they give the option to revert back to the old and workable "classic" view.

Google isn't alone, Microsoft has tinkered with its products to the extent where I prefer running Office on Mac's! While Apple seems to be hell bent on making iTunes even more cumbersome and unworkable.

Is there some form of stupidity substance being introduced into the US water system?

End of rant

cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2014, 12:18 PM   #2
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Default Re: New look Google Maps

too much fluoride.....
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is fairly annoying when they change things that already seem to work ok, either that or I'm just another old codger that doesn't like change? ............ What's this button for ???
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #4
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They absolutely butchered youtube comments it's amazing they still haven't changed it back.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR View Post
They absolutely butchered youtube comments it's amazing they still haven't changed it back.
100% agree, it's crap in it's current form!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap
Call me old fashioned and a Luddite BUT in my opinion the new look google maps is a pox.

Google seems to be run by people who's idea is to bring out a new version for the sake of it looking different, they don't realise it is often better to leave what isn't broken alone. Luckily they give the option to revert back to the old and workable "classic" view.

Google isn't alone, Microsoft has tinkered with its products to the extent where I prefer running Office on Mac's! While Apple seems to be hell bent on making iTunes even more cumbersome and unworkable.

Is there some form of stupidity substance being introduced into the US water system?

End of rant
bloat tunes, I'm certain they deliberately try and stuff pc/windows platform on purpose.

office works fine for me thou.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #6
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People having to justify their jobs is the reason.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2014, 12:52 AM   #7
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hear what you're saying ... I know some things should be improved, but after 10 years XP Home edition my tower cried enough so I moved up ???? to 8. Some things are better but others are a pox. Why take some easy to use programs and change them to something difficult just for the sake of change??
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2014, 02:47 AM   #8
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Windows 8.1 was meant to address issues with 8, they kinda did and caused many peoples working computers to go completely crazy and need reverting back to 8.

Windows 8.1 had me saying I will buy a mac for the first time in my life.

I have had multtliple people buy a pc or laptop, then come in with a list of issues as long as my arm. Know what they all have in common????? They did the 8.1 upgrade. After a backup of important data and a factory reset to 8 all is well and I know all too well as my partners laptop did the same thing after 8.1. Almost became unusable.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2014, 06:36 AM   #9
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey, I'm still trying to figure out why the cheapest and crappiest MP3 players allow you to simply plug it into the computer and drag and drop files to them as you see fit and make playlists with ease, while the damn iPod makes you go through a half a dozen annoying steps trying to move music to itunes and then to a playlist and then get it to the right place on your iPod...

It's like they're deliberately trying to make it difficult to put things on there that you haven't purchased through iTunes...

...but they wouldn't do that, would they...?
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #10
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
too much fluoride.....
Some are saying they put it into the water because it kills braincells.

And yes why change something that works well just for the sake of change?
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2014, 12:50 AM   #11
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess we have to accept that we are working towards an operating system that will exist inside your head (i.e. be part of your brain). Unfortunately, along the way we have to put up with some crappola.
To put it another way, you would hope all the bugs are ironed out before we get to the brain interface stage.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2014, 02:35 AM   #12
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaya View Post
I guess we have to accept that we are working towards an operating system that will exist inside your head (i.e. be part of your brain). Unfortunately, along the way we have to put up with some crappola.
To put it another way, you would hope all the bugs are ironed out before we get to the brain interface stage.
Not coming to work today boss, windows is giving me a headache again.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2014, 11:08 PM   #13
creative
I am Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz27 View Post
Not coming to work today boss, windows is giving me a headache again.
reboot it and I will see you in an hour...

I dont mind the new look maps. once I found everything it was fairly straight forward.
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2014, 12:06 AM   #14
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_6 View Post
Some are saying they put it into the water because it kills braincells.

And yes why change something that works well just for the sake of change?
Yeah bit like all falcons after the AU!
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #15
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't stand it when they change stuff for the sake of it. You tube sucks these days because of that.
Justifying your job fair enough, but ruining the site in the process is not good enough.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post