Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-01-2014, 07:15 PM   #31
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

Default Re: CATS! Not the footy team either

Bit of a cat issue here as well. If my staffies came and jumped on your car and pee'd everywhere there would be hell to pay.
Next door neighbour has trapped 15 so far. Straight to the pound. Let council deal with them.
cats are supposed to be microchipped in NSW. I would guess 95% aren't. There is limits on how many dogs I can own. Not sure about cats.

Tried all the çat sprays. Dettol works the best.
redxm is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2014, 10:46 PM   #32
Spurious

Your neighbor should contract his services out, I reckon he'd do well.
Possum traps work well. As you said, take 'em straight to the pound.
I'm lucky as I have a garage. I would show no mercy to a cat walking on my car.

I had an incident years ago, I had a small inflatable boat on a rack above my garaged car. One day I left the roller door open about 6 inches which was obviously an invitation for my neighbors cat to walk right in & investigate.
I opened the door this day & caught the cat jumping out of the boat, onto the car & out the door. Funny thing to note though is that a scared cat will always run straight home!!!
I spoke with the neighbor & said he was lucky he doesn't have to replace the boat as no damage was done on that occasion. He was honestly shocked at what had happened. His house was a weekender so he left the cat at home base from then on.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2014, 01:12 AM   #33
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a pet cat, and as he is a rare pedigree breed, he isnt allowed out to roam. However he does get walked.

However, when other neighbourhood cats come to investigate while he is walking, a quick spray of weak white vinegar and water is all I need to dish out to keep my own cat safe in out own garden. Now, I havent had a single 'walk in' in more than four years. Its humane, environmentally friendly and cheap.

Might be worth a shot spraying a little around where your car is parked? Failing that, perhaps napthalene flakes?
calais is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 08:27 AM   #34
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
Got a similar problem, neighbors cats using my yard as a shortcut. I didn't take much notice 'til I found a whole heap of trampled plants along the fence & a paling that had been pushed off the nails. Obviously from them jumping up on it.

They regularly get the hose now when I see them do it & I ran a thick bead of grease along the top of the fence. Havn't caught them at it for a week or 2 now. My neighbor has 2 dogs & 2 cats, lord knows why. I like the fact the dogs always crap near their clothesline though. LOL. & oh' yeh' I've found cat hair on the grease!!!

I don't care what you cat lovers say. Pets are the responsibility of the owner, keep them under control on YOUR property & we'll have no problem.
They know their pets are annoying, they just choose to ignore it. Can't ignore a cat that walks grease into the house can ya'.
Love the grease idea, I hope you used moly grease

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #35
Golioth
Cruzin in FNQ

Thanks for the stories people!

Have set up a trap over the last week but no takers, might try some sardines as bait as one poster advised. Whiskers ain't cutting it!

However big drama this morning at 3am. Got woken up by a big bang on the side of the house!!!! Jumped up, ran to the window trying to see what's goin on.....then heard a cat going off! Thought that the toms were just at it again like every other week. Heard my other neighbour going off at cat so went back to bed.

At 6.30am I am having a coffee and see my neighbour walking past with one of the problem cat's owner......hmmm what's going on I go out and ask. Cat owner is picking up his cat near side of my house and not looking happy. Asked neighbour what happened who said he raced out of house at 3am and found 2 stray dogs ripping into this cat, chased the dogs off but smashed his head into an air conditioner and had just got back from Emergency after getting his scone stitched up!!!

So it must have been the dog hitting my house as it chased down this cat. What an irony though, stray tomcat getting attacked by stray dogs! Perhaps there is a Karma God!

On the serious side, me & my family woken up at 3am, neighbour gets a smashed head & cat is torn apart all because the owner thinks it is the cats right to roam free at night because he is proud that he owns a 'Tomcat'!

1 down.....9 to go!
Golioth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post