Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #1
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default what to do?

hi all,

ok, heres the scenario, when i moved from the mid north coast, i borrowed my brothers little old corolla (just sold the xe : ) to move to mildura.

anyhow, in the first month i got a speeding ticket for 67 in a 60 zone. So my brother gets the ticket, which is ok as its his car. He put in all my details on the back and sends it off thinking all will be ok. About 3 months later it comes back to him, so he calls vicroads and they tell him to do the same again, put my details in and send it off, which he did.

Well, it came back to him again, this time stating that if he doesnt pay the fine and extra costs of not paying on time, he has to go to court, or the sheriff will pay a visit. So he calls the civil compliance people and that was useless.

He can either go to court and pay court fees, which he doesnt have the time for (very busy) or pay the fine, which seams wrong to me as i did it not him.

So i called the civil compliance people for vic and talked to them. They were not very friendly and didnt want to talk to me cos my name wasnt on the infringement, even tho i stated i was the one driving.

Which brings me to 2 conclusions, 1) vicroads and civil compliance are complete retards and (2) They dont actually care who got the speeding fine, as long as they get the money, which to me is pure revenue raising, and not saving lives as they like us to think.

So what should i do? anyone had similar experiences?

xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 11:09 AM   #2
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

I only rang them 2 days ago to discuss step sons speeding ticket and was told they could not talk to me at all, same reason my name not on notice, then I went to ask a couple of questions of what I can do about this and was hung up on! Go figure.
agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #3
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i know, it is very frustrating - it encourages people to to the wrong thing
Old 23-03-2007, 11:14 AM   #4
pb02
inconceivable!

You may need to send in a STAT DEC. that basically states you where the driver etc. Then the fine and points will go to you.
My brother had a friend drive him back from a party and they needed a stat dec witnessed and signed by a JP so that he could be cleared.
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 11:55 AM   #5
Wally
XP Coupe

Ten to one your brother and you end up with demerits. :voldar02: This is what happens when you have Govts that use law and order as an election plank = they hand over too much power to police and common sense goes out the window.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
jcxr
Tribal Elder

The rear of the ticket has a stat dec facility, was it filled out and witnessed by corect people?
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 12:14 PM   #7
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im not sure, my brother lives in sydney, i havnt personally seen the ticket, he filled in my details. Vicroads or the civil comp. people didnt tell me this