Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-11-2021, 03:31 PM   #61
FERG_51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 1971 xy phase 3 auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare ss View Post
Ex Al Turner, Moffat car should make good coin.
FERG_51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-11-2021, 03:39 PM   #62
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare ss View Post
Another with non-original motor? This one with lots of parts and panel swaps going by the advert. Crikey, you don't get much for your mill nowadays
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2021, 04:29 PM   #63
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Another with non-original motor? This one with lots of parts and panel swaps going by the advert. Crikey, you don't get much for your mill nowadays
There was probably a lot of them that had rev limiters disconnected, and no longer have the original motor now.

I'll bet there are probably just as many genuine HO's out there without the original engines in them, then there are matching numbers.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2021, 12:29 PM   #64
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink Re: 1971 xy phase 3 auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
There was probably a lot of them that had rev limiters disconnected, and no longer have the original motor now.

I'll bet there are probably just as many genuine HO's out there without the original engines in them, then there are matching numbers.
yep for sure and there is NO shame in that! if these cars could talk.....the SHAME is in the BS people say and swallow about these cars in order to sell. if its not the original motor or its copped a hit here or there or whatever say it ffs dont recreate history, provenance ,ownership history, who farted in it who was conceived in it yadayadayada.......rant over good morning everyone!
zoesgift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-11-2021, 03:29 PM   #65
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't think I've mentioned this before and I think it's sort-of relevant to the thread ... Ballarat, probably about 1980-ish, former school mate and I visited another former school mate who worked weekends behind the till at a service station on the south side of Sturt St (main street). There was a Falcon in the service bay area, maybe it was just the shell and attached panels; red or orange. He said that the mechanic/service station owner/manager had paid $1000.00 (that's what my memory is telling me, for what it's worth) for the ID plate/s from a wrecked GT. The body in the service bay was getting a new identity.
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post