Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-09-2016, 05:37 PM   #26
Qwerty321
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: any ex-taxi owners on here?

I own an ex-taxi Fairlane. Mind you it spent it's first half in the government VIP fleet, and the second half as a Corporate Cab doing the Auckland Airport run so it's been exceptionally well maintained during it's time and served the dignified suit and tie end of taxi users. The only signs I really have of it's past are the high mileage (420 thousand for a 2005 car) and the cut out hole from where the police antenna was when the car was in the government fleet.

To be honest I kinda like the fact I own one of the only Fairlane's in NZ which aren't currently taxis. Every single other one I've seen have been taxis and I've actually had a couple mechanics comment on that in the past. I've got big plans for the lane in terms of mods and look forward to seeing the faces of ricers in their souped up Hondas when they get chopped by a taxi

"If in doubt, flat out" - Colin McRae
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you"
"Cheap, fast and reliable. Pick Two"

Qwerty321 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post