Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #31
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Son, 25yo, kicked and robbed in Cremorne Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys
karate and gym work
Seems like you can't leave home without this and weapons these days if you want to make it through Melbourne/Sydney in one piece.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #32
sikmic concepts
orgasm donor

im 23,
i have 3 friends, we all been best mates since year 8, we have done quite well for ourselves (i finished year 12, did my apprenticeship and became qualified mechanic, i own $15,000 worth of snap on tools and i payed cash for a BA GTP last month) my mates have all got new gts commodores, and one of them is building his second house... we all work hard and we don't go out clubbing or traveling, and all of us are single...

but every other ***** i went to school with is working a dead end job, in jail, on drugs or knocked up... i thank my mother and step father on a regular basis for beating the living **** out of me when i was being a ****

when i go out for dinner or shopping i carry a weapon with me always, it just sits in my pocket for that time or place where somebody tries to threaten me or my family... 2 years ago i had a gf leave me because apparently i was a workaholic, so anyways walked out to the front of my house at 10pm on a sunday night about a week after the break up to find my car on fire in my driveway, turns out it was my x girlfriends new boyfriend... the police and fire brigade came 10min later, the police told me i provoked the attack and nothing further was done... it was a $5,000 car uninsured due to apprenticeship wages and my parents driveway was rooted!

i hate my generation, i wish i was born in the 60's
sikmic concepts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #33
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikmic concepts
im 23,
i have 3 friends, we all been best mates since year 8, we have done quite well for ourselves (i finished year 12, did my apprenticeship and became qualified mechanic, i own $15,000 worth of snap on tools and i payed cash for a BA GTP last month) my mates have all got new gts commodores, and one of them is building his second house... we all work hard and we don't go out clubbing or traveling, and all of us are single...

but every other ***** i went to school with is working a dead end job, in jail, on drugs or knocked up... i thank my mother and step father on a regular basis for beating the living **** out of me when i was being a ****

when i go out for dinner or shopping i carry a weapon with me always, it just sits in my pocket for that time or place where somebody tries to threaten me or my family... 2 years ago i had a gf leave me because apparently i was a workaholic, so anyways walked out to the front of my house at 10pm on a sunday night about a week after the break up to find my car on fire in my driveway, turns out it was my x girlfriends new boyfriend... the police and fire brigade came 10min later, the police told me i provoked the attack and nothing further was done... it was a $5,000 car uninsured due to apprenticeship wages and my parents driveway was rooted!

get a lawyer . i dont think you are too bright trying to get people to believe the police wont do anything .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #34
sikmic concepts
orgasm donor

a single mother living around the corner from me seen a lowered red commodore fly past her house at around the same time my car was set alight... police told the woman and myself that any information was unnecessary due to the fact we did not see the person commit the crime and did not have video nor photographic evidence... hence if it were to go to court there would be insufficient evidence to find anybody guilty
Old 07-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #35
V8XTasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0
Exactly, pathetic how people always complain about police doing traffic duties, fact is that is what the unit is set up for..you don't see HWP at domestics unless the GD's are overwhelmed and need urgent help. CIB is one of the units with the least funding compared to others and they deal with ALL armed robs/crime investigations.
Understood, but it was more the balance of cops patrolling the streets and housing estates to protect the public vs the amount I see policing the drivers. The only time I ever see cops is when they are pulling over drivers. I think if there were more doing general patrols of the streets, stopping trouble before it happens, then that would improve things. It's just what I see.
V8XTasy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #36
Corzza

What a sad state of affairs!

Race 2 Clipsal 500 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOZvWBp4Eo

"I plucked her into first, gave it some jandal and F@#$ Yeah!" - Scott McLaughlin
Corzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #37
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8XTasy
Understood, but it was more the balance of cops patrolling the streets and housing estates to protect the public vs the amount I see policing the drivers. The only time I ever see cops is when they are pulling over drivers. I think if there were more doing general patrols of the streets, stopping trouble before it happens, then that would improve things. It's just what I see.
Agreed but thats up to the Govt to change that..doesn't the Police Minister divvy out funds?..they see a big return (profit) from increasing traffic police so thats where the money will go. Sad isn't it
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #38
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikmic concepts
im 23,

I can understand your anger, being born in the same generation. However, after working in the health system and a bare understanding of how things work, i think that if it come to the point where youve used a weapon that your carrying, it will come back on you.

Regarding your car, im surprised that obligational 3rd party insurance didnt cover damage out of your control, and i would be appealing the decision of police in handling the matter to your states commissioner (if you feel unjust).

& not to sound like a party pooper, but in addition, this doesnt really assist the OP by encouraging his son to carry a weapon to fight violence with violence, and possibly finding himself in more trouble than those commiting violent acts (and judged or put under the same heading as the hoodlums).

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #39
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8XTasy

the reason you dont see more police on the streets, is because they are stuck at the station filling out a pile of paperwork from every incident that a low grade pen pusher could do.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #40
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys
Regarding your car, im surprised that obligational 3rd party insurance didnt cover damage out of your control, and i would be appealing the decision of police in handling the matter to your states commissioner (if you feel unjust).

don't know how ins works in SA but it doesn't work like that in NSW.

Compulsory 3rd party ins only covers injury to other people caused by your vehicle.

Damage to other cars/ppty is only covered by 3rd party ppty ins or comprehensive ins in NSW

Having said that, we don't know what state the poster is in since he chooses not to display that info
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #41
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTe342
Compulsory 3rd party ins only covers injury to other people caused by your vehicle
no i think youre right for all states. I think i was a little confused there.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #42
sikmic concepts
orgasm donor

im in W.A. over here ur rego is 3rd party (covers injury to other people caused by my vehicle)
Old 11-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #43
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I live in a small town, where everyone knows everyone sort of thing.
My mate last week was walking through the park when confronted by 13-15 year old kids who pulled a knife on him. Lucky they didnt know how to use it, they actually got him but didnt hit anything vital.

Worst part is, they had a video camera and must have planned out the whole thing.
Linkachu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #44
GoldCoastGTP
Luxo rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0
Exactly, pathetic how people always complain about police doing traffic duties, fact is that is what the unit is set up for..you don't see HWP at domestics unless the GD's are overwhelmed and need urgent help. CIB is one of the units with the least funding compared to others and they deal with ALL armed robs/crime investigations.
Exactly we do respond to a 106 if there is a serious one in progress and we are near by