Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-02-2006, 07:51 PM   #31
EFIwindsor
Haltech 302w XW

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupsta
Im with Gozza.

That was a painfully written thread dude - riddled with spelling and grammatical errors, and displays your obvious love of trying to cram as many emoticons into a post that you possibly can.

Mate you are simply poking fun at others misery.

At least make it constructive if you want to raise a point.

Actually - what was your point?

The Australia is too easy on criminals....That is my point...if Australia was harsher on criminals...there might be fewer of them.
Fuel/intake -XR6T injectors, 255 LPH intank pump, 4" intake, HaltechE11v2 Exhaust-custom Tri-Y headers, Twin 2.5" HiFlo Cats, duel 2.5" exh Driveline-close ratio 4spd, 9" LSD, 300mm AU XR8 fr, XC rear, ZH Fairlane Mas/Cyl & Booster

Project car: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=21641
EFIwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 07:51 PM   #32
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
No not really. It was just a generalisation. And I'm not trying to offend. Topic like this always an emotive one, but I just want to draw the point, that what has been done here, is not their parents fault. No different to Nguyens mother. As a parent, i could never imagine going through something like this and having the world judge me as a bad parent, when I raised my children the best I knew how.

Public forum and we all have our opinions, good to share, but in the end it's not just about the Bali 9.
thanks mate . agreed entirely.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 07:55 PM   #33
EFIwindsor
Haltech 302w XW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
Im just sick of the topic.
Yes they deserve whatever gets handed out because the law says so....
i myself hate laws and governments but when i get cuaght breaking one i pay no matter what it is..
The other that gets my goat is the stereotypical view on drugs...too most people here 1 drug user is as bad as the other...
I pay my taxes...i work in a respectable job....im kind to people and respect people opinions...YET i like to toke on a joint to calm my ИИИИИ and im labled a druggo and junkie
get real

Personal use is a lot different to trafficing and dealing.
Fuel/intake -XR6T injectors, 255 LPH intank pump, 4" intake, HaltechE11v2 Exhaust-custom Tri-Y headers, Twin 2.5" HiFlo Cats, duel 2.5" exh Driveline-close ratio 4spd, 9" LSD, 300mm AU XR8 fr, XC rear, ZH Fairlane Mas/Cyl & Booster

Project car: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=21641
EFIwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 08:10 PM   #34
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

I won't get involved in this argument- too political and I'm here for information and fun but I can not understand that the same day Schapelle Corby was sentenced to 15 years- two men that killed a man- stabbed him to death- got 9 years; FOR MURDER.

I can understand the implications of bringing drugs into the country at the potential loss of lives through their consumption but to get a harder sentence than killing someone... come on (even if it was a massive 4kg of hooch and she is guilty)

i'm done
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 08:22 PM   #35
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

they are drug dealers, , who cares !

AC/DC
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-02-2006, 09:01 PM   #36
Justin@
Banned

shoot all of them....not just the ring leaders. They knew what they where doing was wrong and we shouldnt have sympathy for them at all.
Justin@ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 09:31 PM   #37
Yummy Mummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimzes
i know one of the guys sentenced to death. he was a couple of years below me at school although hes about my age or older. he used to harras people, he was a c**t.

but i do feel sorry for them all, i dont like the way cases are heard in s**t holes like that. but in saying that they still deserved to do time. however i do think that the known "mules" should have been picked up here and the known "leaders" should have been picked up in bali.

p.s. dont care if you disagree im not getting into an argument over this.

I agree. If the 'mules' honestly didn't know what they were getting themselves in for, then if there was a tip off, it possibly would have been better to pick them up here. Needless to say they did the wrong thing, I just don't believe in capital punishment at all, regardless of the crime.

I'm sorry, I know there will be many who disagree, but who are we to play God on peoples lives.
Yummy Mummy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 10:59 PM   #38
phoon
BOLLOCKS

I dont care what any bleeding hearts say about this subject, if you've ever had to live with an addict or had family or friends addicted to heavy drugs, you would understand how it affects lives of innocent people for years and years. If you want to traffic heavy drugs, then you deserve to die. And if they ever need an extra person on the firing squad to rid the world of these blood sucking leeches, count me in. Now for anybody who disagrees with me, thats fine, but dont preach to me, cause you dont know anything.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #39
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoon
Now for anybody who disagrees with me, thats fine, but dont preach to me, cause you dont know anything.

Nice attitude. And right back at ya. Dont go preaching to me then!

This board really should consider a name change to Red Neck Forums Australia.

Mate its a forum. People are here to 'express' their views. Thats all. You dont have to agree with them. But dont go getting on your high horse and be holier than thou and not 'allow' people to then express their views coz they are different to yours.

Your narrow mindedness shines through.
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #40
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Your told not to do it....
You know it's the wrong thing to do....
You see other people spend the rest of their lives behind bars for it....
You see people sentenced and put to death over it....
Yet you still do it with a group of like-minded others....
Less chlorine in the pool now....

Darwin's theory strikes again!

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 02:01 PM   #41
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupsta
Nice attitude. And right back at ya. Dont go preaching to me then!

This board really should consider a name change to Red Neck Forums Australia.

Mate its a forum. People are here to 'express' their views. Thats all. You dont have to agree with them. But dont go getting on your high horse and be holier than thou and not 'allow' people to then express their views coz they are different to yours.

Your narrow mindedness shines through.
If you read my comments, you will see that I say if others disagree, thats fine, and you are right, people are here to express their views as I have done. If you knew anything at all about the way the drug trade works and the things that happen behind it all with dealers, or had you been an innocent party putting up with years of crap through no fault of your own, you may, just may, change your opinion. I too, once thought like you but not anymore. I guess you become hardened. Make no mistake, hard drugs ruin lives and if anybody thinks that dealers and traffickers dont know what they are doing, Im sorry but they are wrong . These slime just dont care, so why should society care about what happens to them. Call me a Redneck if you want, oh thats right, you already did, but real life experience is a great leveler. And just in case you are wondering, I feel compasion and sympathy for there parents and family, cause they are innocent victims.

Last edited by phoon; 17-02-2006 at 02:13 PM.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 02:48 PM   #42
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Quote:
If you read my comments, you will see that I say if others disagree, thats fine, and you are right, people are here to express their views as I have done. If you knew anything at all about the way the drug trade works and the things that happen behind it all with dealers, or had you been an innocent party putting up with years of crap through no fault of your own, you may, just may, change your opinion. I too, once thought like you but not anymore. I guess you become hardened. Make no mistake, hard drugs ruin lives and if anybody thinks that dealers and traffickers dont know what they are doing, Im sorry but they are wrong . These slime just dont care, so why should society care about what happens to them. Call me a Redneck if you want, oh thats right, you already did, but real life experience is a great leveler. And just in case you are wondering, I feel compasion and sympathy for there parents and family, cause they are innocent victims.
I agree.(I have had the same experience)So I must be a Redneckas also. Oh well...
Old 17-02-2006, 03:06 PM   #43
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

The AFP have no power in indonesia, they can merely advice the indonesian govt/police of potential criminal acts.
The father of one of the Bali nine who suspected his son was going there to do something criminal informed the AFP, expecting them to watch him and if something happend, swoop in and save him. If they did this, the Indo Govt. could kick up the biggest stink.
Same with East Timor where everyone was pleading for our Military to go in and restore peace. Our Govt. had to wait until the indonesians asked for assistance because it would have been an act of war to invade to protect the east timorese.

Although the punishents and trial processes aren't what I'd like for the accused, we need to respect a foreign governments laws as we expect them to respect ours.

As a Note. I do drink occasionally, but I have never smoked, taken drugs or anything like that, but I don't hate people or label them for what they choose to do, I just ask they don't around me.

https://****boxrally2015.everydayher.../martini-rally

Ford Courier XLT Crew Cab, 160rwkW+ AUII Forte Family Sedan is now the Race Car!!!
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 11:50 PM   #44
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have lived with addicts and the old hot shot to get rid of the ones who know too much has been used for years and still is,the dealers know no mercy so should not expect any ,i dont feel sorry for them .everyone in Australia knows from a young age what happens to people in Asian countries,gee's how stupid are they.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 11:24 PM   #45
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If you knew anything at all about the way the drug trade works and the things that happen behind it all with dealers, or had you been an innocent party putting up with years of crap through no fault of your own, you may, just may, change your opinion.
With all due respect. Pull your head in. I dont appreciate your condescending attitude towards my 'apparent' lack of knowledge on the topic.

You dont know me. You dont know my history. You dont know if I have relevant experience (and I certainly do) on it.

So go ahead and express your view - just dont make baseless assumptions about others - and then use that assumption to have a crack at me.

Quote:
I too, once thought like you but not anymore.
Ummmm...........thats laughable........I reckon I could very confidently say that you and I never have and never will think the same.

For the record - I entered this thread and posted simply because I was (and continue to be) appalled at the attitudes on display. You know what - im not sticking up for them nor arguing their sentence either. The laws the law - they broke it - they copped the consequence. Totally no argument from here.

But its the threads with remarks about how they should all die, how others misery is somehow humorous, how i'd shoot them all just give me the gun....etc, etc that I took issue with and posted about.

And you wanna know why you get labelled redneck?
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 11:34 PM   #46
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
I reckon if you're stupid enough to bring drugs into a country where you KNOW there are death penalties, then yeah... get caught and face the penalty. Seriously though, they cant have a defence and winge about it. It was strapped onto their bodies for gods sake.
+1 cant agree more
Old 18-02-2006, 11:42 PM   #47
5LMonty
FORD = First On Race Day

Couldn't agree more with ya there XA Coupsta!!! Give some ppl the ability to voice their opinions and you really do see what sorta d*ckheads there are in the world. Unfortunately mate, i think its a matter of picking through the sh*t and just ignoring the mindless/un-educated comments some have to say.

On topic - Interesting point of convo about the Bali 9 are the many cases that are now starting to come out regarding similar cases where the smugglers/mules involved were allowed to re-enter Oz before being arrested? Why they didnt do the same this time?? Its a tough way to make an example outta someone!?!?
5LMonty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #48
vanessa0305

Quote:
For everyone who says they feel sorry for their families - Wake up - if the Parents / family had raised the kid properly it wouldn't have happenned. The people who bring up their kids that way should be punished as well as the perpetrators themselves
Excuse me?

Are you telling everyone here that as an adult you never did anything you knew was wrong and your parents taught you was wrong? And when you did it, it was your parents fault and they should be punished for those things you did wrong?
vanessa0305 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 04:16 PM   #49
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Default Re: Bali 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFIwindsor View Post
I know how much controversty the Van D*%)Head opps I mean Van NEwen death penalty caused so i want to know What ppl think about the bali 9's sentences.

Personally i think HA ha ha ha : : Have a nice holiday........Did anybody see on the front page of the Courier mail (tuesdays Edition I think) one guys criminal history...16 convictions in 18months... All with suspeneded sentences...I bet hes disappointed the indeonesian gov don't give out suspended sentences.

are well give it a few months and everybody will forget about them just like that Girl......Whats he name again????...The poor innocent one who took some ridiculous amount of Pot to Bali in a bodyboard bag....

People who do or traffic drugs should be caught overseas as the Australian gov is too easy on them...

What does everybody else think....

Tougher punishment and less second, third, forth, fifth, sixth etc Chances
After 10 years it is all over.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 04:39 PM   #50
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Yes, to me , they knew the rules. Take the punishment. But this should never had dragged on for 10 years. That bit is just wrong. It created the media circus..........
3 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2015, 05:01 PM   #51
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If Australia had capital punishment maybe Jill Meagher and others would still be alive....
Old 29-04-2015, 05:19 PM   #52
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
If Australia had capital punishment maybe Jill Meagher and others would still be alive....
Not necessarily when you look at the stats.

Many people that commit terrible crimes don't fear death sadly.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 05:21 PM   #53
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

I think the real injustice here is the way that the Indonesian Govt has handled the whole situation, they should have been executed at the time that they were found guilty. Dragging this on for 10 years was not only torture for them but for their families.

And the crap the Govt chose to do in the last days, e.g. making the family walk the 100m when prior they were dropped off at the gate, not granting their request of supporting witness and just generally gloating around the fact of what they were doing I think was appalling.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #54
Pis-ton broke
Banned

i have no sympathy.

the part that ****** me off is that the media assume that the majority of Australians care, and the media push that view (i dont care at all). and that there one side story does not cover all the weak people that die from overdosing, that does seem important at all to them. they had 8kg of herion each on them= how many deaths , violent crimes, families ruined, etc? take a look at the bigger picture media people. Alan Jones cut out two rings in this morning cause they didn,t support his view.

second; why is Tony Abbot involved in this BS? doesn,t he have more important things to worry about than two scrum bag drug dealers? and reports of retaliation like pull the ambassador from Indonesia, what a load of BS. school yard politics. its embarrassing.

and the funny bit, those celebrities publicly supporting the druggy's, to bad for them, for those that use.

i lived with drug users in my youth, and people don,t see bad the affect drugs do.

Last edited by Pis-ton broke; 29-04-2015 at 05:33 PM.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 05:33 PM   #55
Spinner77

There is one thing that has really got up my nose.

That is the contempt Indonesia has shown to Australia. According to Julie Bishop on 7.30, didn't even bother to reply to questions asked by Australia. There is a nasty edge to what the Indons have been doing to us.

And the real story is probably that we did not offer a big enough bribe. That's the key issue in the Indonesian system, and everyone knows it.

The Australian Government was just doing its job, asking for mercy and so on. The same thing Indonesia has been doing over two maids just executed in Saudi Arabia.

We just take it. They couldn't give a proverbial whether we withdraw our ambassador. So expect even more disrespect!
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2015, 05:35 PM   #56
Pis-ton broke
Banned

when in rome, i think Australia has pushed enough of its weight around.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 06:08 PM   #57
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner77 View Post
There is one thing that has really got up my nose.

That is the contempt Indonesia has shown to Australia. According to Julie Bishop on 7.30, didn't even bother to reply to questions asked by Australia. There is a nasty edge to what the Indons have been doing to us.

And the real story is probably that we did not offer a big enough bribe. That's the key issue in the Indonesian system, and everyone knows it.

The Australian Government was just doing its job, asking for mercy and so on. The same thing Indonesia has been doing over two maids just executed in Saudi Arabia.

We just take it. They couldn't give a proverbial whether we withdraw our ambassador. So expect even more disrespect!
This.

This is not just about the two drug traffickers, it is about Indonesia thumbing its nose at Australia.

I call it an inferiority complex and a political game.

Fancy escorting 2 chained convicts with fighter jets

In retrospect this should have been done and dusted 5 years ago.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 06:13 PM   #58
HELLOYOU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
i have no sympathy.

the part that ****** me off is that the media assume that the majority of Australians care, and the media push that view (i dont care at all). and that there one side story does not cover all the weak people that die from overdosing, that does seem important at all to them. they had 8kg of herion each on them= how many deaths , violent crimes, families ruined, etc? take a look at the bigger picture media people. Alan Jones cut out two rings in this morning cause they didn,t support his view.

second; why is Tony Abbot involved in this BS? doesn,t he have more important things to worry about than two scrum bag drug dealers? and reports of retaliation like pull the ambassador from Indonesia, what a load of BS. school yard politics. its embarrassing.

and the funny bit, those celebrities publicly supporting the druggy's, to bad for them, for those that use.

i lived with drug users in my youth, and people don,t see bad the affect drugs do.

Same here mate. Nobody I know at work gives a ****. Sick to death of hearing about these two. Thank god it is over and hope it dies down sooner rather than later. Treaty drug dealers as hero's.
HELLOYOU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2015, 06:39 PM   #59
sprint347dave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why are people still talking about corpses. can someone close this post down,,before it starts to smell.
sprint347dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 06:44 PM   #60
iCat
doof doof doof doof

I agree Indonesia has its own laws to be abided by. But making two prisoners serve their sentence for 10 years THEN decide there will be no clemency is cruel & unusual punishment. In essence it really was an "up yours Australia " decision.