Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV-Tickford Club of NSW > FPV-TCNSW Club Discussions

Old 24-01-2007, 11:14 AM   #1
EdFairmontGhia
ED_Ghia

Default Number plates for sale

Hey guys, i have recently purchased a El with FPV 666 number plates, that were NSW issue, and seeing my caar is not a FPV i thought someone from this forum might be better off with the plates, i have set the reserve at $200 but any reasonable offer will not be refused, i just don't want to see these plates go to waste

Below is the e-bay link where you can start the bidding.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FPV-666-numbe...QQcmdZViewItem

Here is a pic of the plates if anyone is interested. they also come with number plate protectors if anyone is interested...

[IMG][/IMG]

EdFairmontGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2007, 01:59 PM   #2
Chrispy

The only way the plates can be purchased is if you sell them attached to the vehicle. otherwise they go back to the RTA. The RTA then release them for sale again. The time between being handed in and being released for sale can be months.
I think it was to stop people handing them in and the person behind them at the registry getting them (after paying money to the person handing them in).
Chrispy
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2007, 02:17 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

is that just NSW regulation?, cos i was sure you could just sell them on anywhere
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #4
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can, you transfer the plates to someone else, in the same way you transfer plates from you old car to your new car... You DO NOT have to return personalised plates when you sell your car. It's identical if you want to give them to someone else.
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2007, 01:03 PM   #5
EdFairmontGhia
ED_Ghia

i have tried getting this combination in vic issues plates but they are already taken, i just want these plates to go to a home that will look after them LOL
price drop $100
EdFairmontGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2007, 01:53 PM   #6
Chrispy

5tumpy

Taken from the RTA website

Can I sell my plates or give them to a friend?
Only personalised plus number plates can be sold or transferred and transfer fees will apply. All other number plates are only transferable to immediate family members, de facto couples or between vehicles owned by the same company.

"Personised Plus" plates are the "1EB2NV" type (ie not yours). These plates incure a $400 (+) annua fee and can be bought / sold / transfered as you wish.

EDFairmontGhia
your only hope of selling them is to put them on a NSW registered vehicle and sell the car.

Chrispy
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post