Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #2971
Tessan
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all

I just picked up a brand new 2012 Ford Territory Titanium AWD Diesel yesterday. White with Shadow interior.

I drove it about 50-60 kms yesterday. Everything fine.

Today, the GPS, screen, radio etc are not working.

Could this be a fuse or is it something more serious?

I am planning on taking it back to the dealer tomorrow.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Tehrese
Tessan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #2972
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky Pete View Post
Hi, I'm a 72 year old retired export meat manager and have a 2003 falcon wagon, I have replaced the rear right side door lock actuator and now need to reactivate the locking system. any advise on what to do. Regards
Pete, ask your question over here...... http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Old 24-12-2012, 05:58 AM   #2973
richko
Starter Motor

Hello, everybody iam new on this forum and looking forward to all the info on this site

iam the owner of a XR6 ute '12

Richard
richko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #2974
Johnlittlejack
Starter Motor

Hi all!
Happy to be apart of this forum, there's so much information on here!

I own a Ford Courier and a Tickford Fairlane.

- Jack
Johnlittlejack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #2975
ckwsparky58
Starter Motor

Gidday Guys, just joined. I'm up in Brisbane. I have an AUII Tickford XR8 Ute. I've done a few mods, and now I'm saving to get a Trickflow Top-End Engine Kit. The cam with the kit, is a bit tough, so I will look at a cam with more torque. Has anyone bought a kit like this, from the States?

ckwsparky58
ckwsparky58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #2976
WINTERSUN1944
Starter Motor

Hi All I have just joined. I have a 2005 BA M11 V8 LTD. with 120,000 ks. I have just started to get a "shudder" from time to time on long trips(200k) that I done about once a month. Well when I went into google and had a look at "Ford Shudder" hell I Got a shock! First I got the rubber bushes at the back of the vehicle replaced. They needed it anyway. $800 !!
The guy did say that he thought that from what he did "this was not the issue" And it was not, it's still there. Now I am told it could be that the Torque converter 'locks up" some times. I am waiting for it to happen again as I know that if I apply the break and keep the petrol coming at the same time if this stops it, it IS an issue with the "Torque converter"
Also it is interesting to me that their is NO recommended time to change over the oil in the automatic transmission, very strange.
And as I am going to keep the car, it has no resale value, I will put in a stanless steel radiator as the standard one can rust out AND the same readiator is used both for the engin AND the automation Transmission!!!e
WINTERSUN1944 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #2977
Lazz
Starter Motor

Hi all, a Merry Christmas to everyone.I have a 2008 fg xr8 ute.Had it from new and its a fantastic ute.Also have a 2008 fg gt manual,Its an awsome car my wife gets to drive it every day though not me, I only get to play on the weekend.
Lazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #2978
XR6ecolpiute
Starter Motor

Hi all

This is my first brand new Ford. What a Christmas present! I love driving even just sitting in it. Fantastic mechanical package but why does Ford not market and promote its cutting edge EcoLPI development? Do they want sales? Not bought for work purely weekend self indulgement of my mid life crisis! Yes my wife likes it too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (150.7 KB, 81 views)
XR6ecolpiute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #2979
huntabid
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERSUN1944 View Post
Hi All I have just joined. I have a 2005 BA M11 V8 LTD. with 120,000 ks. I have just started to get a "shudder" from time to time on long trips(200k) that I done about once a month. Well when I went into google and had a look at "Ford Shudder" hell I Got a shock! First I got the rubber bushes at the back of the vehicle replaced. They needed it anyway. $800 !!
The guy did say that he thought that from what he did "this was not the issue" And it was not, it's still there. Now I am told it could be that the Torque converter 'locks up" some times. I am waiting for it to happen again as I know that if I apply the break and keep the petrol coming at the same time if this stops it, it IS an issue with the "Torque converter"
Also it is interesting to me that their is NO recommended time to change over the oil in the automatic transmission, very strange.
And as I am going to keep the car, it has no resale value, I will put in a stanless steel radiator as the standard one can rust out AND the same readiator is used both for the engin AND the automation Transmission!!!e
HIYA on here my name is huntabid

and we have the the same Car and i am the second owner of it my dad was the first So i know a fair bit well some so may be able to help out some what

email me if you want at huntabid@yahoo.com.au

on the subject line please write ford ba ltd ok

later
huntabid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #2980
Pougy23
Starter Motor

Hi guy's just a quick hi hoping to get more knowledge and help in fixing my cars.
Cheers Jason
Pougy23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #2981
Brett1313
Starter Motor

Hi my name is
brett i am the owner of a 2010 fg gt 335,auto #11 build just had some mods done and have just over 400rwkw i currently dont have an intercooler so would appreciate some information on this.
This Power figure was with an intake temp of 29 degrees cheers.
Brett1313 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #2982
Minky
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day everyone,

I'm one of the new ones here. Originally from Germany I live in Tassie now. Bought a 2007 BF MK II Falcon Wagon as a family car in 2010.
Great car, unfortunately it lacks of headrests on the rear seat. Hasn't been a problem then 'cause the kids had high back booster seats. Now they're grown out of the them and being teenagers (or close to).....well, no way for them to sit in a CHILD ! seat.....
Which means I need to modify the back seats, at least the back rest. Had a look on a Falcon Futura Sedan, the seats had the right dimensions but the hinges were different.
So the questions are: what type of rear seat (Futura wagon, Forte wagon, Fairmont etc) with headrests will fit in the 2007 BF MK II wagon without too much hassle ? And where can I get one ?
Is there a chance to fit headrests to the original rearseat safely ?
Looking forward to lots of advice
Cheers Minky
Minky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #2983
nstone63
Starter Motor

Hi gang,

I've been a member for yonks - signed up once to have a good read to help out a mate with a problem with his old xh and just recently got myself a ford so I'm back into the forum again.

I picked up a 2004 BA mk2 cab chassis ute, bought it with about 98000 on it just over a year ago and now she's up around 140000 without too many dramas. Just starting to get a few things come up now it's starting to get tired I think.

Hopefully nothing too big or ugly to fix but I've been able to find almost everything by searching the forum here already - if I can think of something that's not already here I'll do my best to write something up about it

cheers,

Nick
nstone63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #2984
wizz88
Starter Motor

Hi all..
wizz88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #2985
Thedman
Starter Motor

Hello all just a newby, got a xr falcon 351 top loader and I am in the process of trying to convert a xploder to a new motor. Which brings me to a question can I put a BA xr8 motor in an 1998 explorer without a lot of hassles? And is it possible in Perth wa to get a 2.5 inch lift kit for it without to much dramas?? Thanks in advance
Thedman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #2986
mrxb1975
Starter Motor

Hi everyone im new to this site got my self an xb falcon planning on doing a full resto on it, hoping to get some good tips on a full resto from you guys.
mrxb1975 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2012, 11:59 PM   #2987
BF-2K7

Hi all, have recently purchased a 2007 BF XLSII ute on full LPG to replace the Landrover Freelander that was stolen.

Needed something with a bit of 'pep' to tow around my bike trailer on long trips.

Took it for its first jaunt up to Coffs, drove like a dream, didnt even know the bike & trailer were on. LPG took some getting used too the range read out was a bit over the place but looking at this site I see that it is 'normal'.

Im a kiwi living in Sydney (so Im gonna get it from all sides)

So far so good I think it is more than a worthy replacement for my Freebie (even tho it had more luxury mod cons)

This will be my 8th Ford Blue Oval I've owned (and one Green Oval) which included a V6 Cortina Ghia that I imported to Aussie, only to have my best mate wreck it!!

Anyway great site keep it up and I guess I'll see you all online!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0156.jpg (151.4 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by BF-2K7; 28-12-2012 at 12:04 AM.
BF-2K7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #2988
DSP

Hi All, I recently purchased a 2009 F6 ute, this is my first FPV car - although have had 3 Ford utes previously, this look like a great site for info - thanks in advance.
DSP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #2989
Shadow-
Starter Motor

Hi all, I have a 2004 tx territory with the failing return spring, I was wondering if anyone with the same problem has had a space key type push button start fitted to overcome the problem? http://bluewiremotorsport.com/produc...e-start-system
Shadow- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #2990
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow- View Post
Hi all, I have a 2004 tx territory with the failing return spring, I was wondering if anyone with the same problem has had a space key type push button start fitted to overcome the problem? http://bluewiremotorsport.com/produc...e-start-system
Head over to the Terry section and ask the question again.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=85
Old 29-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #2991
Andrew m.A.t.H.
Starter Motor

Hi all, just joined after buying a 2004 SX AWD TX Territory. We'll be using it as the family car and for towing a 1300kg camper-trailer. This forum looks like a fantastic resource for information. I'm looking forward to making use of it. Cheers, Andrew.
Andrew m.A.t.H. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #2992
Racegear WA
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi to all, (seems to be the going introduction)
Just joined the Forum, I used to own #353 of the Cobra's, rego XC COBRA, I found as a near wreck and rust heap in Harvey, every panel kicked in and been driven under a tree that was not quite tall enough. After a full resto I drove to the 25th anniversary in Vic.. Owned for around 10 years and due to personal reasons sold in perth Dec 2004. Still crying though at the time price was right and you have to have a roof and be able to eat.

I would like to one day find the owner to have another look at her and maybe re unite the car with the orig build sheet found under the insulation during restore.

Though I cannot afford one of these again I am trying to locate an XA, B or C coupe again to restore, now that I will have a little bit more time in coming years then previously.
Thats about my story.
Cheers
Mal
Racegear WA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #2993
popper
Starter Motor

Hello to all just having a look around at the moment and trying to find the reply i had for my series 3 au regarding fuel pump? It's been run dry and car has done 288,000 but still goes well and looks great in gun metal grey. She just doesn't like starting when cold, plus i put it on gas back in 09 as we do a lot of mileage? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, some have said i need to replace the fuel pump? Can i get one over the net?
Thanks very much, popper
popper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #2994
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by popper View Post
Hello to all just having a look around at the moment and trying to find the reply i had for my series 3 au regarding fuel pump? It's been run dry and car has done 288,000 but still goes well and looks great in gun metal grey. She just doesn't like starting when cold, plus i put it on gas back in 09 as we do a lot of mileage? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, some have said i need to replace the fuel pump? Can i get one over the net?
Thanks very much, popper
This post ? http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11383581
Old 29-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #2995
Raysie

Hey everyone, my name is Raymond and I'm 21 years old. I've been a lurker around here for a while, but thought I'd finally officially say hey.

I'm no car enthusiast and I'm definitely no know it all (More of a computer guy with a love for Falcons). The only thing going for me in terms of cars is that I've always been a Falcon man.

My favourite Fords in particular are the Falcon EB GT and the Falcon AU TS50 (T Series in general). Both cars are absolute mean machines that in my opinion have gone under the radar over the years.

I own a Nitro Blue Falcon FG XR6 which I've had for the last 5 weeks. I plan to show any changes that are made to it in the forums, and hope to sap some new ideas from this community in the process.

I hope to learn a lot from you guys over my time here.
Raysie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #2996
ZLcrow
Starter Motor

Hi all name is Troy and i own a ZL Fairlaine which i have bought back to full stock original as from factory .. is all matching numbers even have dealers names and sales dockets for it. weather sheilds sun visor rear window screen and even the rear quarter window screens as well. She runs a treat and has been pulled out of reierment and is once again a daily driver. Only just over 220000 on dial perfect interior. Before that i had a very modified xd with the good old 250 crossflow in her and a 69 mk2 2 door cortina. Have done up many other toys including British hand European cars and many many a motorcycle. Look forward to having some more fun
ZLcrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #2997
Greg_B
TheOldTaxi

Hi all,

Long story short, I've been driving a 1985 Fairmont XF sedan for the last 10 years or so. Inherited it from Ma-in-law who had it from new until it became "too unreliable". Sure I've pumped some money into it and added LPG (which was the saviour with petrol going the way it has). Fortunately the motor was refurb'ed at 150,000 due to a thermostat malfunction and the new head had guides suitable for running LPG gas as it turned out!).
It's quit on me a few times, all for silly reasons: the silliest was a rag I used for wiping the dipstick got sucked into the air cleaner. Interesting effect when passing at speed on the Hume Highway!
It's just shy of 400,000 km's now, but the Pacific Moth has finally eaten its body out to the extent that I'm not prepared to get it through rego again.
Maybe someone out there in Fordland would be interested in it as a resto. It needs a lot of rust cut out, but most of the mechanicals are in good nick and it still drives like a dream. I had to put new tyres on it last year, so now it's got Dunlops and corners like never before!
I picked up a fairly clean 2005 BA XT wagon (factory LPG, ex hire car/taxi) to replace it, but it's chalk and cheese as a driving experience, although I'm getting used to the 'fly-by-wire' feel of the wagon. It has a lot of k's on it and still runs well, but some gearbox issues need to be sorted out.
So that's me Ford-wise in a nutshell! I have to hand in the plates on the XF next week, so if anyone's interested in the dear old girl, drop me a line at my email: bailey.greg@gmail.com.
Cheers.
Greg_B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #2998
richie jones
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G Day all you Ford Motor heads,ive just joined upbeen a ford owner of a few models over the yrs. xa,xb,xc,xd,ef,au xls,auxr8,and now FG super pursuit Ute so different from anything ive driven .Anyway i need to replace the fog lamp globe,just wondering if anyone can give me the heads up on the replacement proceedure it doesnt look that straight forward cheers all oh i will be picking yr brains again in the near future.
Cheers Richie.
richie jones is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #2999
crossandserpent
Starter Motor

Hi everyone,
I am an old fella (49 years old) who loves tinkering with machines, I have previously mucked around with VW beetles and old Alfa Romeos and still have some of them.
At present I have the missus's AU2 wagon which just keeps going, but it needs some maintenance, I have a BF RTV Ute which we hope to set-up, customize and travel around in, thus my logging on to the forum.
I have provably been more a Holden fella in the past, but now having Fords I am mighty impressed by the local content and the engines which remain locally manufactured and developed, it is a legion!
Cheers Peter
crossandserpent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #3000
gogojj
Starter Motor

Gday all
gogojj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post