Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-04-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Mate run down by Hoons.

Received a phone call from my sister yesterday. She tells me that a friend of mine had been run down by hoons and is now in an induced coma in hospital.

Apparently a small group of young fellows (18-19yr old I believe) decided to use a suburban street as a race track and skid pan, doing burnouts and roaring up the street at a fair rate of knots.
Now he is older then I. Wirey lad. Not much of him, yet very well mannered, softly spoken, polite, hard working family man with children. He was concerned for the safety of not only his kids, but for the safety of those in the street (who I assume, like many kids, ride their bikes up and down the street/driveway etc .....kids stuff). He approached the guys and asked them to quit what they were doing for the safety of the neighbourhood, etc, etc.
They, in turn, drove up to the end of the street, turned around and came up behind him, rev the car up and dumped the clutch and ran over him and, from what I understood, proceeded to drive off leaving him in a mangled mess on the road/footpath. The event was witnessed by neighbours who I assume came to his aid.
The medical staff tried to get him out of a coma yesterday, however his blood pressure went sky high, as did his temperature. So under he went again.
It appears there is no brain damage, just fractures etc. Guess he is lucky that he is a slim lad......

Once again the question is raised: "What is happening within our society today?"

J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Sorry to hear about your mate, hopefully he can make a full recovery.

The current generation of 18-19year olds all have a massive chip on there shoulder. They can't be told what to do, they will learn the hard way, that is the only way to get through to them.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 10:15 AM   #3
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

That's terrible.....I can only imagine what his family is going through.

My condolences go out to him, poor fella.

People who do stuff like this need to be hunted down and sorted out.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #4
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very sorry to hear about your mate, my heart goes out to you all including his family in this really hard time.
I hope he makes a full recovery and I really hope that these horrible low life scum get what they deserve.

What a disgraceful thing to do to anyone :(

Best wishes to him, his family and friends.
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #5
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Really sorry to hear that mate.

I think the car scene is maybe going the wrong way in certain circles. It's a little bit annoying why people do certain things. If everyone just stopped and had a think about what they were doing half the time and not be the "Bad boy" just cause someone is telling them to quiet down, it'd make it a hell of a lot better.
These type of accidents are only going to hurt the car scene with the government and the cops stepping up and giving all of us a hard time because of a few idiots.I just hope they don't turn around and put a stop to the car scene by introducing laws for emissions, noise, curfews and so on.

Take it to the track.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Yeah really sorry to hear that also. Hope that your friend pulls through ok, and that his family and mates like yourself also get through this.

Did anyone get their licence plates? Hopefully someone did and the police can duly take care of them....
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #7
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsMyUserName
Really sorry to hear that mate.

I think the car scene is maybe going the wrong way in certain circles. It's a little bit annoying why people do certain things. If everyone just stopped and had a think about what they were doing half the time and not be the "Bad boy" just cause someone is telling them to quiet down, it'd make it a hell of a lot better.
These type of accidents are only going to hurt the car scene with the government and the cops stepping up and giving all of us a hard time because of a few idiots.I just hope they don't turn around and put a stop to the car scene by introducing laws for emissions, noise, curfews and so on.

Take it to the track.
Agreed, but yet I can see more emissions, noise and curfews being introduced.

Sorry to hear about it J.C., it's actually made my blood boil reading that.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #8
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

It's surprising recently the number of times I read something which makes me become enraged...........

I do hope your friends health is restored.

The Hoons, I have another idea for them.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 11:21 AM   #9
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bloody scumbags. : I hope that they are locked up to teach them a lesson. Hurting someone is one thing but driving off and leaving him lying in the gutter is the LOWEST possible thing to do. I hope karma does catch up with them soon.

All the best to your friend and hopefully he makes a full recovery.

P.S - Please tell me someone got the numberplates?
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 11:30 AM   #10
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what a bunch of absolute ers, its dead sh*ts like this that ruin everything for everyone else!!

hope your mate recovers and somebody gives this kids a good beating, something they deserve.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 11:34 AM   #11
The Lone Ranger
My young fella "Paddy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
Received a phone call from my sister yesterday. She tells me that a friend of mine had been run down by hoons and is now in an induced coma in hospital.

Apparently a small group of young fellows (18-19yr old I believe) decided to use a suburban street as a race track and skid pan, doing burnouts and roaring up the street at a fair rate of knots.
Now he is older then I. Wirey lad. Not much of him, yet very well mannered, softly spoken, polite, hard working family man with children. He was concerned for the safety of not only his kids, but for the safety of those in the street (who I assume, like many kids, ride their bikes up and down the street/driveway etc .....kids stuff). He approached the guys and asked them to quit what they were doing for the safety of the neighbourhood, etc, etc.
They, in turn, drove up to the end of the street, turned around and came up behind him, rev the car up and dumped the clutch and ran over him and, from what I understood, proceeded to drive off leaving him in a mangled mess on the road/footpath. The event was witnessed by neighbours who I assume came to his aid.
The medical staff tried to get him out of a coma yesterday, however his blood pressure went sky high, as did his temperature. So under he went again.
It appears there is no brain damage, just fractures etc. Guess he is lucky that he is a slim lad......

Once again the question is raised: "What is happening within our society today?"
Mate, Townsville by any chance? Martinez Street?
The Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #12
BigAL_250
and that's how it is

Well, chances are those hoons will be dead within 5 years or so, natural selection i suppose.
BigAL_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 11:44 AM   #13
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what a bunch of *Edited* god i hope someone gets a hold of them and belts 7 shades of purple into them.

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 03-04-2008 at 06:02 PM.
DBourne is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 12:03 PM   #14
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

It's really hard to fathom how people can do such disgraceful acts.

I hope and pray your mate makes a full recovery and those mongrels are rightly punished for their actions.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #15
amisupposed2b

I am really sorry to hear about your mate, as most people are. I hope he turns out well and I also hope that someone gets those hoons and gives them what they truly deserve.

vandrsxr6 : I sort of found your comment abit a generalisation, me being 18 myself, Do not accept this sorts of behaviour, I am not saying I have never gone out to do circle work myself or something, but when I do, Its well away from people, houses, other cars etc.

And as far as doing what they are told, We need to remember that these are even though legally they are adults, mentally they are still kids. In my opinion atleast 60% of the blame has to go towards who brought them up.

I end with :

Im still scared Sh*tless of my Father. Anytime I think Im about to commit a 'Sin' I just think about the way he will beat my *** all over the place.
amisupposed2b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #16
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope the cops catch the low life or at least natural selection gets to them. That act is up there with some of the worst I've heard of.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #17
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep. Townsville. As far as who got a number plate. Not to sure on that but I have heard that one of the lads fathers have told him to turn himself in.

As far as these bastards being called "Kids" or "young men", consider this. Australia has sent younger "kids" to die on a battle field so scum like these can roam freely. They are the real men. Not scum such as these. Disgraceful what society is breeding nowadays.

It is comforting to read the above posts and know that there is still some reasonable people who do know right from wrong and understand that for every action there is a reaction. Thanks you lot....... I need sleep I think. Nightshift. Haven't slept since 1.00 yesterday.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #18
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Hope your mate comes through ok J.C.

As for the people in the car, purposely running someone down, thats clearly some form of attempted murder isn't it?
Old 03-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #19
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
Hope your mate comes through ok J.C.

As for the people in the car, purposely running someone down, thats clearly some form of attempted murder isn't it?
And to think had they off when asked to instead of running someone down. Now they would surely be facing jail time for that. Idiots!

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 03-04-2008 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Avoiding swear filter
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 12:57 PM   #20
bingoTE50
Steve

Jesus that is a low act... Really WTF ... There is no justification for a absolute despicable act of cowardice. I have had a first hand experience of this sort of thing many years ago in Kiama NSW on a footy trip away. These clowns drove on the footpath trying to get us , luckily we dove over a fence to escape , lunacy no matter how much we gave them a gobfull...

I hope your mate pulls through.

Geez JC you can not take a trick lately hey !!
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 01:14 PM   #21
Neoxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amisupposed2b

I end with :

Im still scared Sh*tless of my Father. Anytime I think Im about to commit a 'Sin' I just think about the way he will beat my *** all over the place.
Im 25 and still think of what my parents or friends will do if im stupid enough to do something like this. i have a 18 year brother that has about 5 years of maturity on his mates. I agree 110% with its the way they were brought up.

'11 Nissan Navara D22 2.5L pickup!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by protd
because it looks gay, not just gay but mardi gra gay
Neoxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #22
alecrain
'03 BA XT

Unhappy

Sorry to hear that!

I wouldn't go out to talk them to quit hooning- I'd just call the cops.

Beautiful Photography Blog

2003 BA XT
IMPCO SVI - TYPHOON CAI +XR6T snorkel - K&N Panel Filter - DBA Slotties - Tint

1998 Toyota Landcruiser Prado

www.bseries.com.au/alecrain

Quote:
People that drive slower than ME are BAD DRIVERS,
People that drive faster are IDIOTS
alecrain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #23
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a low act, seriously. They've destroyed someones life because they can't hack getting told to take it elsewhere. They should spend time in jail, maybe that'll fix the bastards up, they won't survive inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #24
McobraR
me may my mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
You guys might disagree, but the fact we can't punish kids the way we used to really annoys me. I used to get beaten the crap outta me by my parents, and i can tell you, thank god for that. Too many spoilt brats roaming our world today, mostly parents fault imo
:
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #25
Steffo
LPG > You

Unbelievable.

Morons like that will get what's coming to them. They always do.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 01:45 PM   #26
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by McobraR
I used to get beaten the crap outta me by my parents, and i can tell you, thank god for that. Too many spoilt brats roaming our world today, mostly parents fault imo
:

I concur.

Hope your mate's health returns J.C.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #27
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by McobraR
You guys might disagree, but the fact we can't punish kids the way we used to really annoys me. I used to get beaten the crap outta me by my parents, and i can tell you, thank god for that. Too many spoilt brats roaming our world today, mostly parents fault imo
:
i'm only 17, and did indeed get beaten the crap out of if i even back chatted, as a result i have a lot of respect for people, these tossers have grown up with parents who are split up or too busy working to take any care of their kids.

also being in the cotton wrapped society we live in today doesnt help..
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #28
McobraR
me may my mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
i'm only 17, and did indeed get beaten the crap out of if i even back chatted, as a result i have a lot of respect for people, these tossers have grown up with parents who are split up or too busy working to take any care of their kids.

also being in the cotton wrapped society we live in today doesnt help..
Thats another point, too many people having kids without really thinking about it.
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #29
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Unbelievable, all we can think about is belting the through everyone (Mainly our children). Two wrongs don't make a right.

Sorry to hear about your mate, hope he comes through.

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 02:03 PM   #30
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.J.Tuddy
Unbelievable, all we can think about is belting the through everyone (Mainly our children). Two wrongs don't make a right.

Sorry to hear about your mate, hope he comes through.
Spare the rod and you spoil the child. Beating kids senseless for any silly thing they do is too much, but its no worse than never giving them what for when its needed. Both are extremes, and neither encourage respectful behaviour.

The odd flogging when deserved, never hurt anyone who isnt beyond help already anyway.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post