Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-01-2005, 12:13 PM   #1
XRated
Shoot.

Default eBay: "wholesale info booklets"

Hey

I'm not usually a sucker for a scam, but my curiosity tries to get the better of me. Has anyone noticed autions on eBay before where you receive an "info booklet" for example, that promises you information on how to get goods (usually electrical) at wholesale prices?

I'm sure I'm not the only curious person, and I wouldn't bid myself. I was just wondering whether anyone actually has had experience with it, or actually knows what goes on as there seems to be quite a few people fobbing this idea off.

Below is a link to an example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...742816990&rd=1

:lookedat:
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2005, 12:30 PM   #2
perkz
'Save money? pfft'

There's two scams out there that I know of that are like the page you linked.

In one - you sign up for some pyramid scheme type thing - and the more people you refer the closer you get to what you want. Something like that anyway.

In the other, it's just instructions telling you how to con manufacturers. You pretend that you're a business looking to import whatever they're selling, then you ask for a "sample" of the product to be sent to you. A lot of manufacturers will actually send it to you for free, or at least at cost price if you look legit.
perkz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2005, 12:24 AM   #3
chief
FTF Club Moderator

This artsdiamonds person has been going the dicry and se him on there selling literally just shit, so called business plans.
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2005, 12:44 AM   #4
InitialD
Low and Loud

Yea ive seen soooooooo many of those on EBAY

" Buy this booklet and we tell you how to get a $4000 Pioneer DVD/CD player for $100, etc"

Think there is even a site called "www.greenbreads.com" that apparently gives you Rims, and Car Audio for free? a FF memeber MAD_EA_SPAC signed up and told me to but I felt it was a little shady

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2005, 07:17 AM   #5
FoxMulder

I found a different page on Ebay, some guy was giving it free. It's Matrix Extreme

Basically what happens is, you buy the ebook, then you are put in line for a "free gift". If say the "Matrix" length is 10, then 10 people have to all sign up for that gift, before the first person gets it. Then, another 10 people have to sign on for the second person to get it, and so on and so on.

It seems great in theory, but in practice it needs you to advertise it heavily. Which is why you see so many people selling these ebooks on ebay. They are trying to both recover their money and sign others on.
FoxMulder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2005, 05:33 PM   #6
XRated
Shoot.

Hmm okay, I thought it was a scam - I just didn't know how it worked. I remember the "Pyramid" scheme a few years back that conned a lot of people.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post