Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-01-2005, 02:33 AM   #1
bdave351
R u a Fogwit or a HIDiot?

Question Annoying computer problem...

Gday Folks ,

I WAS INFECTED.........I feel so....so violated
After getting my computer back to semi - operating status again with ad-aware/spybot/spysweeper , I am finding that the three or four sites in my faves that I tried to access before I realised my problem are coming up with a page that says access blocked and tries to send me to security-look.cc/anti-spyware........

Is this a remaining part of a infection that I seem to have isolated or a real security feature??

Cause while its great to be able to get and start posting on the new site its really pizzing me off that I cant get my soccer results!

HELP! PLS!

Cheers
DB
bdave351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2005, 07:45 AM   #2
hambo_12

Rather than actually clicking on the site in the favs folder, did you try typing the adress physically into your adress bar? I know of viruses/malware/whatever adding favorites without you knowing, but I havent heard of them changing adresses in current favs, but I bet they could...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2005, 11:52 PM   #3
bdave351
R u a Fogwit or a HIDiot?

Ah well. It was trojan.win32.qhost.f version.
I guess thats what you get from having out of date software!!
I no longer have IE or MSN though and was lucky to have a copy of MOZILLA sitting around on a PC disk to get back online now. Cant work out why MSN is dead though.

But thank you god for returning my email to me......I missed it so much!
bdave351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2005, 11:59 PM   #4
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

lol good luck with it mate.
try www.bitdefender.com & get a trial version.
Damn good software.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post