Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 
Exclamation Another Today Tonight story on Lemon cars...

Just saw on tv that Today Tonight is doing another "Lemon" car story... Car featured on the ad was a black BF Rip Curl ute... wonder what they are going to say now hey?

Old 04-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The car is burning up pads and rotors every 5000k's. Sounds like driver abuse to me. He seems to be a few sheep short in the top paddock.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2
The car is burning up pads and rotors every 5000k's. Sounds like driver abuse to me. He seems to be a few sheep short in the top paddock.
must have hilux brakes on it!

tt is a pain in the *** and anyone who is influenced by them must live in a bubble.
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #4
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

maybe he using cheap *** pads.....
Old 04-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ridin the brakes?

Felcen!
samftr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
Copie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone able to record it and host it on youtube or something similar? the joys of doing shiftwork = i missed it.
Copie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #7
buickman
buickman

The car was very rough looking for a late model car. Lack of looking after a car.
Also the Ford dealer must have some butchers working there as mechanics by cutting a hole in the tray to get to the fuel pump WTF !.
To me looks like a combination of owner abuse with poor repairs from the dealer. I've never experienced those type of problems with Ford all any other make.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
ozrunner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Definately not the sharpest tool in the shed.

But the dealer cutting a freaking big hole in the rear floor to access the fuel pump is just incredible and absolute pure BS. Irrespective of any other issues he has, just for that they should be held accountable.

They stuffed the tray by being to lazy to remove the tank from underneath.
ozrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 10:30 PM   #9
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Perhaps you people should message TOday Tonight and tell them that rather than attack a company trying to sell an improved product, they should use some discretion in who they interview regarding certain things.

Or they should have got an expert who is not on their payroll. irish2's post may be on the money.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #10
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

It had no tray in it???
the falcon ute does not have a metal floor as such, it uses the tray liner as the floor, where was his?

no excuse for cutting the hole unless he had no liner fitted and he agreed it was going to be a cheaper repair to cut what was there rather than removing diff, tailshaft, exhaust to be able to remove the tank

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #11
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I watched it. What did he say his repair bills have come to over the time of ownership?? Like 80 plus grand....

Who would be dumb enough tho spend that on 'repairs'???.. I mean really??
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #12
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
It had no tray in it???
the falcon ute does not have a metal floor as such, it uses the tray liner as the floor, where was his?

no excuse for cutting the hole unless he had no liner fitted and he agreed it was going to be a cheaper repair to cut what was there rather than removing diff, tailshaft, exhaust to be able to remove the tank
I gather the car would have been stilll under warranty so the dealer should have done it the correct way even if it was a pain to do.

Not really into utes but having owned a HQ ute 20 years ago I thought the trays would still be the same with a metal floor under the liner.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 11:11 PM   #13
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
I gather the car would have been stilll under warranty so the dealer should have done it the correct way even if it was a pain to do.

Not really into utes but having owned a HQ ute 20 years ago I thought the trays would still be the same with a metal floor under the liner.
I think the new utes do not have a full floor, sections of the metal floor are missing, like around the wheel arches.

The hole being mentioned was an angle grinder job from the top done by the dealer, however I was questioning the rational behind the claims regarding who was paying seeing as it was a newer model and therefore under warranty.

To me it looks like he thought the car had a problem, took it to Ford, they said it was fine so he went elsewhere and paid for the repairs.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:34 PM   #14
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
I watched it. What did he say his repair bills have come to over the time of ownership?? Like 80 plus grand....

Who would be dumb enough tho spend that on 'repairs'???.. I mean really??
What a noodle. 80k? Did he get bored of his engine every few months and order a new one, along with a few transmissions and an interior or two??
I didn't get a chance to see it, anyone got a video link?
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 11:42 PM   #15
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

80K on repairs? Really? Let me guess the owner is one of these people on these shows that " can't afford to replace the car " yet can afford repair job, one after the other.

If you're having that much trouble with the car, trade it in and move on.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 11:42 PM   #16
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Then what was the bit about him being taken away by Police? (I only saw the ads)

It looked pretty rough, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's done something stupid, stuffed something major, and Ford wiped their hands of it.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #17
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
What a noodle. 80k? Did he get bored of his engine every few months and order a new one, along with a few transmissions and an interior or two??
I didn't get a chance to see it, anyone got a video link?
It's not on the TT site yet, perhaps tomorrow. He did a walk around saying the stuff he changed... I think it included diff(s), suspension, engine(s), and a HEAP of sets of tyres.

Brakes, rotors, the list went on and on.

You know what... now that I think of it, he reminded me of those people who make themselves sick on purpose to get attention and sympathy from others... there is a name for it... wonder what it is for people who do it to cars?
Old 04-05-2010, 11:47 PM   #18
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
Then what was the bit about him being taken away by Police? (I only saw the ads)

It looked pretty rough, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's done something stupid, stuffed something major, and Ford wiped their hands of it.
I think the dealer had a restraining order placed on him. They also mentioned something about him driving the ute through a wall / glass panel at the dealership.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:54 PM   #19
xr8 utey
FORD DRIVERS WANTED!

Quote:
You know what... now that I think of it, he reminded me of those people who make themselves sick on purpose to get attention and sympathy from others... there is a name for it... wonder what it is for people who do it to cars?
FRUIT CAKES! and the same goes for those who even watch today-tonight
Old 04-05-2010, 11:55 PM   #20
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Lol ive never replaced a set of pads in a car yet.. Driver abuse much??

All the wheels were grazed / damaged... Who knows what he did to it, but he went the wrong way about it. As for Trinity Ford well they should have known better then to cut a hole in his floor, above the fuel tank, it wasnt a small hole either.. Rediculous!!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #21
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
I think the dealer had a restraining order placed on him. They also mentioned something about him driving the ute through a wall / glass panel at the dealership.
That'll do it. What a nutter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Lol ive never replaced a set of pads in a car yet.. Driver abuse much??
You don't keep your cars long enough for that...
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-05-2010, 12:31 AM   #22
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's not on the TT site yet, perhaps tomorrow. He did a walk around saying the stuff he changed... I think it included diff(s), suspension, engine(s), and a HEAP of sets of tyres.

Brakes, rotors, the list went on and on.

Hypochondriac. Is the term you're looking for.

But in relation to cars, it's " hypocardriac " or " autochondriac " or even " Carchondriac "

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...+hypochondriac.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 12:45 AM   #23
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Hypochondriac is a term used to describe someone who thinks they are sick, and are not.
This guys technical term that yellow festiva was searching for is MORON.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 01:05 AM   #24
FTGAutosalvage
Commercial Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
The car was very rough looking for a late model car. Lack of looking after a car.
Also the Ford dealer must have some butchers working there as mechanics by cutting a hole in the tray to get to the fuel pump WTF !.
To me looks like a combination of owner abuse with poor repairs from the dealer. I've never experienced those type of problems with Ford all any other make.
cutting a piece of the tub away is a common way to change fuel pumps on a AU-BF ute. A lot of mechanics & dealers do it this way.
its not as rough as it sounds. remove the tub liner. undrill a couple of spot welds and lift a small section allowing access to the fuel pump. this is just a small part piece as there is no full floor in the tub. the section is then held back in with rivets or screws in case the pump needs to be replaced again.
FTGAutosalvage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 02:02 AM   #25
CFOUR
The Destroyer

80k that's almost Kev_bLn_xr8 money.. Almost...

Last edited by CFOUR; 05-05-2010 at 02:12 AM.
CFOUR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 03:16 AM   #26
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Something not 100% here.

Did anyone notice his business name plastered on the Ute? Some roof company from memory and in a town the size of Cairns that's good advertising

Tyres, pads and rotors are not unique to Fords- to use so many, he's contibuting somehow big time and the brand/type of vehicle would not matter

Cops taking the sign away was weird. It was his property and all he had to do was attach it to his vehicle and they would have been stuffed. If he had overstayed his legal parking time they could just book him and all he had to do was drive around block and park again?

He's maybe not the full quid but this story seems a much better one for Today Tonight

www.rippedoffbyrob.com
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #27
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Oh well, back to magical Weight Loss stories tonight..........
Old 05-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #28
LTDHO
The one and only

Oh to that big pedal isn't a foot rest!

Who watches TT/ACA anyway?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 09:31 AM   #29
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
Oh well, back to magical Weight Loss stories tonight..........
That or the fat bogan neighbours from housing commission having a war and the feral kids hurling abuse, or the feral tenants that have never paid rent and wrecked the place, or the miracle diet. For a bit of multiculturalism, they might do a story on ethnic gangs.

ACA and Today Tonight; as enjoyable and entertaining as being kicked in the goolies.

Quote: