Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Top Gear Series 13

I know some of us have downloaded the new series. But for those of us who cann't download Top Gear . It returns August 31 at 7.30pm SBS.

Old 22-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
JD86
DELANY

sweet as ill be tuning in

anyone know what cars feature this season?
Old 22-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QugpznKHleo

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
xbrules is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
ltd
Force Fed Fords

It's a pity that SBS cut the hell out of it so they can put ads in, they should make the show one and a half hours so that we don't miss it; sort of like how the series 12 finale in Vietnam was a 1.5 hour show - that was the only time they've shown Top Gear without editing the hell out of it.
I put it to you; would anyone really miss reruns of South Park in favour of the full unedited Top Gear?

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Quote:
anyone know what cars feature this season?
Vincent Black Shadow Bike, Jag XK120, Pepercorn A1 Steam locomotive, Lotus Evora, Ferrari FSX, VW Golf, Hyundai S Coupe, Volvo 340, Lambo LP670-4SV, McLaren F1, Bugatti Veyron, Merc SL65 Black, Perodua Myvi, Chev Aveo, Proton Satria Neo, Skoda Roomstar, Alfa Mito, Toyota IQ, Focus RS, Renault R26R, Porsche Panemara, Evo 7 and British Army, Porsche 944S2, Nissan 300ZX, Ford Capri, Morris Marina, Jag XFR, BMW Z4, Nissan 370Z GT, Lanchester LJ200, MG Midget, Citroen, HSV VXR8 Bathurst, HSV Maloo, VW Scirocco Diesel, Aston Martin Vantage V12

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy
Ferrari FSX
That is one unreal machine, what a noise it makes too !! Pure Horn.
Old 22-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy
Ferrari FSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUlien
That is one unreal machine, what a noise it makes too !! Pure Horn.
Yes - it is unreal, non existent in fact :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_FXX

I turned the volume right up on the PC to hear the FXX at full roar
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #8
Cam
Stroking it...

That FSX is SO insane, pity theres no choice to buy one and drive it home...
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #9
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Maybe I'm getting a little burned out on Top Gear but I didn't think it was all that good this season - I'm normally riveted the whole show but just about every episode I paused it to go do something else for 20 minutes and come back a few times. I'm even comtemplating just deleting the episodes and not burning them to a disc that cost me 7c!

A few funny moments but seems like it's jumped the shark to me.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #10
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Maybe I'm getting a little burned out on Top Gear but I didn't think it was all that good this season - I'm normally riveted the whole show but just about every episode I paused it to go do something else for 20 minutes and come back a few times. I'm even comtemplating just deleting the episodes and not burning them to a disc that cost me 7c!

A few funny moments but seems like it's jumped the shark to me.
Have to disagree there.
The Morris Marina and the follow up with Carla Bruni had me in tears.
On top of that, the race with the train was great, and the interview with schuey was excellent.
The cheap cars for a 17 year old was one of the funniest things I've seen, especially when they have to sneak home without making a noise to wake the parents. I almost choked when Jeremy pushed his car up the drive, and James' stereo was a crackup.
Nope, I think it was another excellent season.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #11
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I still love Top Gear. Though, for me, it's all about the comedy. I can never engage myself in conversations on here regarding Top Gear's specific car reviews. I have always hated car TV shows. They have always been boring. They just never worked. Which I think everyone knows, but Top Gear made a comedy series... that just happened to be based on cars. So I watch it because I want a good laugh more than anything. You can never really get too caught up in Jeremy's reviews anyway, as they seem to come across as how he feels about it at that moment. It's like he could change his mind at any given moment. And that's ok, because I am like that with cars all the time. I take the results to the races in the challenges with a grain of salt. It's always edited to make it seem closer than it really is, and it makes an exciting TV show, and it's the humor which makes it worth watching. I don't really care weather the Veyron or Cessna makes it to the destination first. The presenters just make it funny, interesting and most of all, entertaining.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2009, 01:34 AM   #12
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
I still love Top Gear. Though, for me, it's all about the comedy. I can never engage myself in conversations on here regarding Top Gear's specific car reviews. I have always hated car TV shows. They have always been boring. They just never worked. Which I think everyone knows, but Top Gear made a comedy series... that just happened to be based on cars. So I watch it because I want a good laugh more than anything. You can never really get too caught up in Jeremy's reviews anyway, as they seem to come across as how he feels about it at that moment. It's like he could change his mind at any given moment. And that's ok, because I am like that with cars all the time. I take the results to the races in the challenges with a grain of salt. It's always edited to make it seem closer than it really is, and it makes an exciting TV show, and it's the humor which makes it worth watching. I don't really care weather the Veyron or Cessna makes it to the destination first. The presenters just make it funny, interesting and most of all, entertaining.
I find most of the car shows (the few there are) are little more than infomercials. Top Gear - they will rubbish it if it is rubbish or merely because they don't like it - or drop a caravan on it. How many car shows destroy cars with caravans?!!!
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #13
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
I find most of the car shows (the few there are) are little more than infomercials. Top Gear - they will rubbish it if it is rubbish or merely because they don't like it - or drop a caravan on it. How many car shows destroy cars with caravans?!!!
Or drop a Piano on it.

Quote: