Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 27-05-2024, 10:08 AM   #1
Raymond Bell
Starter Motor

Default Problem with changing e.mail address

For some months I've been not getting e.mail notifications and I'm aware that the reason is that the e.mail I've registered with (as Ray Bell), an e.mail address I have on a re-routing from a domain registration, has not been coming to me.

This is the great iinet problem. People with iinet e.mail accounts (mine was iimetro.com.au, I don't know if it affects tpg accounts) are having e.mails rejected by The Messaging Company, to whom their e.mail service has been forcibly changed.

Fortunately I can check on e.mails coming to my registered domain e.mail addresses and if I check every 24 hours I know what e.mails have been rejected by The Messaging Company.

Not that I can read or see the e.mails, but I know that e.mails from this site (and many other places) are rejected. Usually the rejection is noted as being due to 'Content policy'.

Today I thought I'd fix that with regard to notifications from the Australian Ford Forums by changing my e.mail address to the primary address so it didn't have to be re-routed.

As a result of this change, I had to reply to an e.mail sent to that address to confirm the change... and guess what?

That never came through either. Which proves that The Messaging Company has been blocking way more e.mails sent to me than I would know about.

I have registered under this name using my gmail account, so it is now necessary for the validation e.mail for my change of e.mail address etc has to go to that account.

Meantime, if anyone has any answers about how to deal with The Messaging Company (I've been phoning and e.mailing them almost daily for several months now with no result, no reply, no help at all) I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited by russellw; 22-06-2024 at 02:07 PM.
Raymond Bell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2024, 12:52 PM   #2
Raymond Bell
Starter Motor

Default Re: Problem with changing e.mail address

Can anyone help me with this, please?

I have now sorted the e.mail system I'm using so I get all my e.mails, but the one confirming the change mentioned above needs to be sent again so I can have my real identity back.
Old 22-06-2024, 01:03 PM   #3
Metdevil

You could probably send Russell a PM, he's a site administrator.

I'd recommend removing your personal info from your post too.
Metdevil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2024, 10:14 PM   #4
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
You could probably send Russell a PM, he's a site administrator.

I'd recommend removing your personal info from your post too.

Big Boss has.
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM   #5
Raymond Bell
Starter Motor

What personal information?

If something's been removed, I should at least have been told. I'm not aware that I posted anything against the rules.

And I put up this thread almost a month ago, seeking help at that time, and it's not until almost four weeks later that I get a response. Have I posted this in the wrong place?

I'll see if Russell can help with the problem, anyway...
Old Yesterday, 10:33 AM   #6
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Bell View Post
What personal information?

If something's been removed, I should at least have been told. I'm not aware that I posted anything against the rules.

And I put up this thread almost a month ago, seeking help at that time, and it's not until almost four weeks later that I get a response. Have I posted this in the wrong place?

I'll see if Russell can help with the problem, anyway...
Your email address is personal information.

Russ edited your post for the protection of your personal information. No, you have not broken any rules.

You posted it in the correct place. Apologies for the Admin team for missing this post. The Admin team is made up of two people plus a mod team that only a few have the access to make the changes that you have requested.

It appears that now Russ is aware of it. If you have any further problems, still post them up in here. If you have not received a response within a few days send me a PM (not Russ, he has enough to do) and if I can't deal with it, I will contact the person that can.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM   #7
Raymond Bell
Starter Motor

Thanks for the help...

Russell has PMd me and hopefully I'll be back to posting as myself again soon.
2 users like this post: