Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

Old 08-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #31
XRNIL8

A couple of update shots ... trying to get bits done between 10 hour night shifts .................

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
The new home of Motorsport in Central Victoria
XRNIL8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2008, 09:36 PM   #32
XRNIL8

Bit more of an update ....... seeing how I had pretty much all of today to myself ... I was able to spend a significant amount of time playing with the Cortina .......

I finished putting the tin in the back, decided to remove some of the carpet (the rest will come out once I can afford to get 2 race seats) , using the angle grinder, I also removed the tow bar !!!!! damn thing .... lmao.

I removed some of the sound deadener from the front footwell, but really need to go get some dry ice to remove the rest .....

Fitted the fire extinguisher and the race harness .............. also got rid of the old air cleaner and with some minor modifications, was able to fit a RamAir filter. I also fitted a real battery clamp ... since this car only came with one of those stupid ones that clamps at the bottom. (you actually need the correct battery for it to be effective ;) )

Anyway ... I have a few more jobs to get done before next weekend, so will update again ... then hopefully I will have some shots to share after my first event on the 29th .... I have a couple of mates coming along and they are going to take fotos for me

enough already, here are some pics .......................

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
Old 21-03-2008, 10:15 PM   #33
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Hey hey...... you have been busy!!!! Nice work!

You are planning on pot-riveting the tin in? You will need to do something other than race tape.........

I noticed the speakers... planning on doing a track day a-la Black TE50 - complete with Rolling Stones playing...? :evil3:

Is the day you're doing at Winton? Can't see you on the list for the island.....

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2008, 10:25 PM   #34
XRNIL8

Lmfao ............. the race tape is covering the rivets ..... I am a neat freak ...

The speaker .... yes ...... funny thing is, no stereo .... just a speaker .... hehehehe! I was toying with the ide of leaving the door card on that side ... and couldn't be stuffed removing the speaker .... but over the next day or 3 .... I am going to remove the door card and speaker ... but will put the arm rest back on .... just as a bit of padding ;) No, I don't trust my driving that much just yet

The event I am going in is at Winton ... is a Sprint Series day, I still haven't coughed up and gotten a CAMS licence yet ... so am going to use this year as a learning experience, then fit my new motor (top secret budget build) and see if I can't keep up with you on the track GBG ..... without following suit and rolling my car ;)

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
Old 21-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #35
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRNIL8
and see if I can't keep up with you on the track GBG ..... without following suit and rolling my car ;)
If you don't it just means you aren't going hard enough... of course with my HEART STOPPING 55-odd kw I'm permanantly peddling... but at only 700kg it doesn't do too badly at all..

Maybe double check you don't need a triangle too - for tow points (and no I don't have one underneath nor on the roof.... : )

Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.

Old 21-03-2008, 10:49 PM   #36
XRNIL8

hehehe .... tow points are an issue for the Cortina ... as it does not have any that I can readily identify ....... Grrrrr! I purchased one to put on, but it is too short, so will have to find someone to "modify" something for me. I have a battery sticker being prepared by the local graphics shop and they are doing one tow point sticker too ..... is placement best front or back?

As it turns out ... I have to compete in the "High Performance Class" at Winton ...... omg .... how can this be classed as High Performance?! It is a 300,000km plus od skool banger. It only goes into this class because it "is not registered" ..... go figure, might have to grovel on the day and sneak into the above 2L class for Road cars.

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
Old 21-03-2008, 11:43 PM   #37
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Generally speaking the front tow point is used more often than the rear. They vary depending on the car. There's nothing solid enuff up the front ??????
And there's nothing like the good ol' blue electrical tape in a triangle !

High Performance Class ??? What the.....
I had Nationals at Queensland Raceway about 5 years ago, and the only car suitable for the track I had at the time was my daily (SSS). As it wasn't deemed a "sports car" (with which I wholeheartedly agree) they put it in the "Extreme Performance Class"... oh pur-lease.... the SSS went well... but not that well..... . I thought there would have been an "other" class that others like me (the other car is a '66 convertible and sooo not suited for the track) who didn't have a track car up there, but still wanted to play. We're back in QLD next year- this time at Morgan park and fingers crossed I'll have both the roadster and the race car... don't think they'd like the Fez, although Morgan Park is suited to smaller cars....

Think of it as character building my friend......................................

Old 21-03-2008, 11:49 PM   #38
XRNIL8

haha ... yeah, I so look forward to racing against the big boys .... luckily, I will be at the back, and the closest I will get to them is when they are overtaking me .... hehehe! I am prepared to come last ...... and I want to come last, as this will be my first go on a circuit ..... I wanna be able to hang back and enjoy it .... but learn too.

I do believe the very next event I will be able to enter will actually be with FPV & XR Club at Winton ..... so atleast I will have one under my belt before I have to face you lot on the track .... :

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
Old 22-03-2008, 05:56 PM   #39
XRNIL8

I have more update photos ..............

still have about 3 or 4 jobs to do before next weekend, service, finish roof repairs (paint) possibly change all the radiator and heater hoses (yes, the heater is still in there!) and make this gasket for the aircleaner. So nothing major now ...... 8)

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
Old 22-03-2008, 08:01 PM   #40
XRNIL8

Service now done ;)

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
Old 26-03-2008, 06:25 PM   #41
Grasshoppr
GTI ist ehrfürchtig

Wow, its really coming along the old 6 banger Corty!

Good to see your well prepared for the track day too!

Our Events cater for all types of people.
Grasshoppr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #42
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Food for thought...... but will the sheeting not kick off a god almighty reflection?

I too, am turning into the home straight myself ...... not long to go now... :

Old 27-03-2008, 12:28 AM   #43
v8falconsrule
Blue ~oval~ Blooded!!!

in that side profile shot she looks like a mini esp. the little globe rims really look hot- well done looks like you'll have a blast.

50th Anniv G6E Turbo in Sensation
Cobalt blue 94 ED XR8 Sprint- resto/ project
v8falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #44
XRNIL8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go baby Go
Food for thought...... but will the sheeting not kick off a god almighty reflection?

GbG ... the sun has to get past my fat backside to reflect off the door .... roflmao

I have put the doorcard back on ..... as after discussion with some other racers, they said I must cover the holes .... and instead of just throwing a big piece of tin at it ... they said it would be far better for me to to cover the individual holes ...... something I am going to look after once this weekends race is done ........ I will be missing Round 2 of the Pedders No Bull Sprint Races on Mothers Day unfortunately .... because I have been asked to assist in Albury with a SIDS event ... driving the Limo around. I was offered financial compensation to do it, but I think I will do it for free ... and help to give something back to those that have had the unfortunate loss of a child through SIDS.

BUT STILL DOING THE FPV and XR CLUB EVENT at Winton .... WooHoo ...... (gets on knees and prays the engine holds together ;) )

Thanks heaps for the comments also Grasshopper and V8falconsrule ...... all the way from my old stomping grounds (or there abouts ;) )

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
Old 28-03-2008, 05:32 AM   #45
Trevor 57
is now there

I dunno why Mick keeps putting these events on Mothers Days and Fathers Days, a little frustrating because I actually put my family before my hobby!!!!!
Old 29-03-2008, 10:55 PM   #46
XRNIL8

OMG ... what a GREAT day ...... I wanna do More ... lmao ... it was fantastic ... the Cortina held up with no damage at all, other than a seriously fried set of tyres ... lmao.

I missed the practice time due to scruitineering ....... but soon got out and had a crack ...... first session saw my best flying lap at 2.14:4700 ... and by the end of the day my best time was 1.58:3900 ......... I was stoked to have cleared the 2 minute mark ...... and with a few improvements, I am sure I can keep my times under that .....

my biggest issue was fuel surge .... then body roll ..... then inexperience ... not neccessarily in that order ... but close enuf ;)

here are a couple of pics ....... am dead tired right now since I have been on the go from 3.30 thismorning ..... lmao

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com

Last edited by XRNIL8; 29-03-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 29-03-2008, 11:21 PM   #47
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
Ummm........ dare i ask???? Unless of course it was an anti-clockwise run ? :

Glad you had a great one ... ohh and in the previous post i was referring to the tin on the back seats - not the doors!!!

Quote:
OMG ... what a GREAT day ...... I wanna do More
Ahhh... the bug has bitten i see - isn't it great!!!! Say goodbye to spare $$ you thought you may have had, but damn it's worth it - and then some.

Cheers and congrats on your first outing!

Old 30-03-2008, 06:36 PM   #48
XRNIL8

hahahaaa!!! The spin was me going into turn one way too fast with bugger all fuel left for weight in the back and loads of inexperience...... (ya have to test the limits ...lmao) All I could think of when I was going around ... was ..... LET'S DO IT AGAIN ........

Fortunately, it wasn't the hottest day of the year ... so the back wasn't an issue as far as reflection goes ..... but the plan is to paint it rather than leave it all shiney like .... :togo:

The bug has well and truely bitten my bum ...... and I am stoked

I gotta say a very BIG THANKYOU to Big Trev and his son Steve ... also a Huge thanks to Grant from Pedders Bendigo for all of his help and support as well as him being one of the Major Sponsors for the event. :

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
Old 30-03-2008, 10:09 PM   #49
MOTIV8
Just cruizin' around.....

Hey Daryl, looks like you had a great time and was even able to reduce your lap times : :

hmmm... as GBG said they goes your spare $$$$$ and time.... but you could be doing worse things with your time and money

Will hopefully see you at the next HSV/FPV event
MOTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #50
XRNIL8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTIV8

Will hopefully see you at the next HSV/FPV event
DEFINATELY WILL BE SEEING ME THERE! lmao ............... I am even considering an event the next day at Winton too ...... omg, I am so hooked ....

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
Old 08-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #51
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Hi mate looking at this thread brings back alot of memory's as l had a TE with a 250 X-flow and 4 speed.

Mate if you can afford it you should try and find a 4 barrell manifold that suit the engine l had one on mine with a 480 double pumper holley and boy did it bogie....also a gen 2 XF alloy head runs very well with this setup along with pacemaker extractors, as mine used to run 14.1 quater mile on street tyres and drag off the god ugly yellow GTS-R comodores by about 2 car lengths.....

Just something to think about.....

Cheers Chris
Old 08-04-2008, 08:35 PM   #52
XRNIL8

awesome Chris ....... cheers heaps for the ideas, there are a few things I want to try to make this old girl dance again ..... she has high K's ... and is very tired, yet still has enough left to make me smile down the main straight at Winton : ... and with a few more events planned as well as a visit to HPR for the AFF Drag event ..... I don't want to be the slowest Ford there ...... if I don't have to

Oh to leave the dunnydores behind and their embarrassment at being beaten by a 6 cylinder Cortina ..... hahahaha!!! : Now that sounds like a whole world of fun. :

Daryl

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
Old 09-04-2008, 01:28 AM   #53
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

OMG why are all these cars coming at ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #54
XRNIL8

Ahahahahaaa ....... yes I know .......

but even the spin was so much fun .......... not exactly something you would wanna be doing on the streets, but when there are no other cars near you ..... it's all good fun on the race track :thebirds: :

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
Old 10-09-2008, 10:00 AM   #55
XRNIL8

Just thought I'd share a pic from last weekend (father's day) at Winton. I am currently coming in second place in the H2 class (High Performance over 2 Lt)

photo by: IFPIX

The Corty has all new suspension, hence the lack of body roll as previously seen Thanks to Pedders Bendigo. I managed a personal best time of 1.52:9100 ...... which I was absolutely stoked with. Almost had an altercation with the wall right in front of the spectators area ..... missed it by mm ...... my daughter was standing at the fence right in front of where I spun and stopped ..... she was heard to say "that's my daddy, he stopped to say hello to me" .... god love her. hehehehe!! Was great to get back into the seat of the old Corty and have such a massive improvement in lap times ..... previous best was 1.55:1500 .... suspension alone was to thank for the improvement. Was a great way to not only spend fathers day but also my birthday. (one present was a gift certificate to do the V8 drive at Calder : )

I have a couple of more things to do in the coming weeks before the final sprint round on November the 29th where if all goes well, I will be in the hunt for a podium finish. (minispool and twin barrel carby)

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
Old 10-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #56
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Looks like a lot of fun. Well done!
Old 01-12-2008, 02:06 AM   #57
XRNIL8

Thought I should drop by and give a little update since it has been bloody ages ...... work commitments have prevented both Ann and I from getting to just about every event with the club but like everyone else, we need the income

I have been attending the Sprint Series at Winton Motor Raceway this year and have competed at 4 out of the 5 events. Saturday the 29th of November was the final round of the sprint series and I managed to put in a full day without any real dramas .... meaning I gained maximum points available (excluding those additional points for 1st to 3rd). Long story short, my combined points for the year gave me 2nd place overall in the H2 (over 2 litre High Performance Class) ...... I was beaten by a mate in an EA Falcon running an AU donk by 1 point! This was my FIRST EVER trophy as a competitor in a motorsports event, so I am VERY stoked.

The engine in the Corty is ..... well....... almost stuffed. While there are no oil leaks or any major issues that I can see or hear, it is certainly dropping it's power .... so over the next few weeks I will be hopefully upgrading to an XF engine ..... and with any luck, start gaining a bit of power. Yeah, I know I can upgrade to a later engine ..... but I am just taking baby steps for now ..... next year I want to be able to attend most if not all of the FPV and HSV run events, now that I am a confirmed race junky .... lmao!!!

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
Old 01-12-2008, 02:12 AM   #58
XRNIL8

Here is a photo of the Old Corty on the day with my mate Damian at the wheel, competing for the first time.

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
Old 02-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #59
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done, seems you'll be forever in debt to motorsport, good luck with the upgrades.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #60
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

It's a huge thrill to get out on the track for the first time. Then when you build a racecar to get that out there blows you away. It continues on with many little things that keep the adrenalin pumping - beating lap times, beating someone else, moving up the ladder- and to win your class is sensational. You must be stoked!

Awesome work......