Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation Carbon Tax.Its a BIG Con!!!

Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland, since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet – all of you.

Of course you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress – it’s that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow, and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans, and all animal life.

I know, it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of: driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cents light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs...well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.
The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes - FOUR DAYS ONLY by that volcano in Iceland, has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud any one time - EVERY DAY.
I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in its entire YEARS on earth. Yes folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over one year – think about it.
Of course I shouldn't spoil this touchy-feely tree-hugging moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keep happening, despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.
And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.
Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you on the basis of the bogus “human-caused” climate change scenario.
Hey, isn’t it interesting how they don’t mention “Global Warming” any more, but just “Climate Change” - you know why? It’s because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.
And just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme – that whopping new tax – imposed on you, that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won’t stop any volcanoes from erupting, that’s for sure.
But hey, relax, give the world a hug and have a nice day!
PS: I wonder if Iceland is buying carbon offsets?

Old 05-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Whiskeyonesix

Default Re: Carbon Tax.Its a BIG Con!!!

I see the Ads on TV. If the Gov. thinks they have to try and sell this Tax to us, there's something seriously wrong. I recycle whatever I can, but if I really thought I wanted to help save the planet I'd be rocking a Prius instead of the AU!

This planet's been around for a long time, and it'll still be here long after the Human race has died out.

New brake switch at 203k+211k, new Discs and Pads + service at 212k
Old 05-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
Kryton

Funny thing about the net - you dont have to re-post everything you get sent.
Cant see this thread lasting long.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
I agree, but the carbon tax is too big an issue to ignore..The Government is leading us up the garden path. Australia's population of 22m and carbon pollution as against China, Russia ,India carbon output, is just a drop in the bucket. Won't make a skerrick of difference,in the big picture of things.
If the Mods close the thread, so be it. But people need to know the whole truth about carbon, not just what the Government wants us too know...........
Old 05-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
CJR09
RPO 77

negating the finer intricasies of the tax - you must realise that something needs to be done to clean up global industry and push things into a more sustainable global buisiness evironment

dont get me wrong I dont believe this is the correct way of going about this but at least try and understand the ethos behind it

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

Old 05-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
If the Mods close the thread, so be it. But people need to know the whole truth about carbon, not just what the Government wants us too know...........
no one knows the truth - it is all just theory

having said that i do not believe we are killing the planet as it is reported, but neither side can know the facts, because the time spans they are looking at are so insignificant to the millions of years that have passed with both global warming (dinosaur's tropical age) and climate change (ice age) and everything in between
Old 05-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #7
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Csv8, I'm with you.

Why impose a massive tax on something we can't actually change?

And whilst people are whinging and whining about a "meow", the biggest tax ripoff in our history looms larger.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
Old 05-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #8
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is being promoted as:

Carbon Tax

But is actual fact it is:

Carbon Tax

But I have a plan to reduce the problem.

As it seems the government and academics are all for this then they can do their part.

Power stations are most efficient, that is produce least waste when they are running at the same level constantly.

At night there is very little load so the power stations need to wind up and down wasting energy and producing excess carbon.

So simply make all tertiary education and public service work at night from 9PM to 5 AM instead of during the day.

It would also reduce carbon by lowering the traffic and parking problems.

Unfortunately there is a design flaw in my plan.

Academics and public vegetables only ever support ideas that make others lives more difficult.......
Old 05-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #9
Blue_XR

Totally agree csv8, even if this so called 'Global Warming' or 'Climate Change' existed, how as we as a nation as small as Australia effect the CO2 output of the world. First you have to believe that CO2 is bad. The problem is that you have the general media pushing their own agenda. In saying that though they usually side with the left side of politics. China, USA, Russia et al refuse to sign anything, so what the hell are this government getting us into!

Anyway some facts:
Each molecule of CO2 combines a carbon atom and two oxygen atoms. Every cell of living organism contains carbon, essential for all life on Earth.

CO2 is 0.0385% of Earth's atmosphere. That's just under 0.04%, or four 1/100th's of 1%. Or 1/26th of 1%. In every 2,600 molecules of air, only one (1) is CO2.

CO2, like oxygen, is a naturally occurring colourless, odourless, tasteless, invisible gas, non-toxic in concentrations many times levels in air, and essential for life. Unlike oxygen though, CO2 is only a trace gas.

Earth's annual production of CO2 is almost entirely by Nature, 97%. Human activity including industry and transport produces just 3%.

Hopefully there is enough of a public outcry that the government will be forced into an election!!!!

YouTube channel: Modaufy Garage
https://www.youtube.com/c/ModaufyGarage
Old 05-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #10
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

If I had of posted this, Mr. Spooly would have given me 6 cuts, a tongue lashing, plus a severe spanking, and informed me that we are not allowed to disagree with Aunt Julia!!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 05-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #11
PHATXR8
PHATXR8

Yep, sack the carbon tax and anyone who supports it. Let's have an election and see if the population really wants it.

The reality of the carbon tax is that it is all about:
1 raising revenue to save Labor's **** for its incompoetent poor financial performance over the past 4 years,
2. a tool for Wealth re-Distribuion. (tax all of those really rich people who dare to earn over $80k per annum and give it to those "battlers" who don't want to work, or who think working is optional

The carbon tax we are being presented with by Juliar and Bob Brown will do NOTHING to improve the environment.... I repeat NOTHING to improve the world climate. If it was going to improve the global environment, then why do they AVOID quantifying the difference it will make whenever they are asked to do so by journalists????
Old 05-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #12
Thornie
Off smelting

And all the revenue from this tax will never ever go to actually fixing any enviromental issues as long as there are other polluting countries around. All it will get used to for is lining the pockets of this greedy government we have.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #13
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Well then that is why there is a report button eh ?
Old 05-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #14
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Assuming that global warming (now conveniently called 'climate change' because the world isn't actually warming a great deal) is real, what difference is a marginal reduction in Australia's emissions going to make? We put out 1% of the world's total emissions. One percent!!!

It's just labor killing two birds with one stone - pleasing the nutty greens and raising revenue.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:25 PM   #15
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder how many power stations australias coal fires overseas? ~100?!maybe.. Now if we want to reduce our carbon emissions by 10% or whatever, just export less coal so it cant be burnt by others. Or at least dont dig any more up so more coal power stations can operate. Pretty easy, no money in that though.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #16
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw on a news website that climate scientists in Canberra are getting death threats. Some people really arn't happy about this tax.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #17
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
I wonder how many power stations australias coal fires overseas? ~100?!maybe.. Now if we want to reduce our carbon emissions by 10% or whatever, just export less coal so it cant be burnt by others. Or at least dont dig any more up so more coal power stations can operate. Pretty easy, no money in that though.
Mmm and stop feeding cattle to lower the methane emissions as well oh hang on .. that will kill the export trade as well ...
Old 05-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #18
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace
Mmm and stop feeding cattle to lower the methane emissions as well oh hang on .. that will kill the export trade as well ...
CSIRO are currently doing trials up here to see what breeds emit less, and what pastures, when fed, emit less through the beast.
Interesting stuff.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #19
Road Games

I'd rather send coal overseas than our cattle after that program i watched..

So is this tax gonna get passed??

Or is it still debateable ...Rannga's signed her retrenchment package if she goes ahead with it IMO...
Old 05-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #20
Kryton

The tax will be passed.
Death warrant or not, its coming.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #21
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Never fear, The Katter party is here.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1226069475693
Old 05-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #22
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Well said csv8. I have believed this explanation all along. This 'tax' is not the answer for the global problems. All this does is provide an excuse for the government to extract more funds from already stretched workers budgets.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 05-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #23
Ford Falcon XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win
Assuming that global warming (now conveniently called 'climate change' because the world isn't actually warming a great deal) is real, what difference is a marginal reduction in Australia's emissions going to make? We put out 1% of the world's total emissions. One percent!!!

It's just labor killing two birds with one stone - pleasing the nutty greens and raising revenue.
I agree with this 100% there is as much proof saying global warming is ture as the is saying it's all rubbish. I belive it's just the world's nartural cycle and people like the green are using itto make the're wacky idea's sound important when they arn't.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #24
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
If I had of posted this, Mr. Spooly would have given me 6 cuts, a tongue lashing, plus a severe spanking, and informed me that we are not allowed to disagree with Aunt Julia!!
You were looking forward to the spanking part as well, weren't you?

I do however take exception with the OP's attitude and the use of the word YOU throughout the post.
He's assuming that I'm a tree hugger with a Save The Gay Whale sticker on my car!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #25
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Quote:
The tax will be passed.
Death warrant or not, its coming.
I have to agree, the tax is coming whether we like it or not..

Australia is one of the highest taxed countries in the world, but it sure dosent all go back into betterment for us..
Its just another TAX to continue to bleed us dry.
The thing about cleaning up big companies and their ways is another smokescreen as we all know the bosses of these entites are the real power behind whatever face is on show..

Old 05-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #26
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What I posted is a summary of Professor Ian Plimers book..Heaven and Earth.
Heaven and Earth: Global Warming – The Missing Science is a popular science book published in 2009 and written by Australian geologist, professor of mining geology at Adelaide University,[1] and mining company director Ian Plimer. It disputes the scientific consensus on climate change, including the view that global warming is "very likely due to the observed increase in anthropogenic (man-made) greenhouse gas concentrations"[2] and asserts that the debate is being driven by what the author regards as irrational and unscientific elements.
The book received what The Age newspaper called "glowing endorsements" from the conservative press.[3] The Australian said it gave "all the scientific ammunition climate change skeptics could want."[4] Other reviewers criticised the book as unscientific, inaccurate, based on obsolete research, and internally inconsistent. Ideas in it have been described as "so wrong as to be laughable".[5]
Heaven and Earth was a bestseller in Australia when published in May 2009, and is in its seventh printing, according to the publisher.[6] The book has also been published in the United States and the United Kingdom.[7]
Old 05-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #27
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza XL
Never fear, The Katter party is here.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1226069475693
The guy is a fruit loop but I am liking a lot of those policies...

Fishing freely without a permit. Monitoring the duopoly of Woolies & Coles and reducing their market share. No privatisation. No free trade and increased import tariffs to protect Australian agriculture and manufacturing. And definitely no carbon tax!

And the big winner...

Quote:
All Government spending should be on Australian goods where practicable. eg cars
Old 05-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #28
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Carbon Tax.Its a BIG Con!!! "

Bravo csv8 .. Bravo .. .. perfect post, couldn't agree more

This will be the start of the Financial Armaggedon the general population of this Country simply cannot yet see .. so many people will suffer from this

We did not dodge the GFC, we simply delayed it ... the Worlds economies are still in a state of collapse .. Ireland, Greece, France, NZ, Italy, Belgium, USA, Great Britain, Japan are all sitting dangerously close to the edge of the abyss, some of these Countries have debt levels "that will never be paid off, ever!" ... Australia will follow

With most households already at record personal debt levels and struggling to make ends meet .... I see a future where people won't be able to feed their families, electricity will be a luxury only for the wealthy, petrol will be out of the reach of everyday lower to middle class Australians, many thousands of businesses will close down, unemployment will reach never before dreamed of levels, the retail sector will effectively come to a stand-still, tourism will cease to exist, I see mass mortgagee repossions by the banks, I see soup kitchens in the streets with many hundreds of hungry people lining up at each one

My fellow Australians .. brace yourselves .. we are heading towards the biggest Depression the World has ever seen!
Old 05-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #29
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win
The guy is a fruit loop but I am liking a lot of those policies...

Fishing freely without a permit. Monitoring the duopoly of Woolies & Coles and reducing their market share. No privatisation. No free trade and increased import tariffs to protect Australian agriculture and manufacturing. And definitely no carbon tax!

And the big winner...
Just wondering, have you ever actually met or talked to him?

Or do you just believe the media hype.......
Old 05-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #30
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland, since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet – all of you.

Of course you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress – it’s that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow, and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans, and all animal life.

I know, it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of: driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cents light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs...well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.
The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes - FOUR DAYS ONLY by that volcano in Iceland, has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud any one time - EVERY DAY.
I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in its entire YEARS on earth. Yes folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over one year – think about it.
Of course I shouldn't spoil this touchy-feely tree-hugging moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keep happening, despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.
And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.
Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you on the basis of the bogus “human-caused” climate change scenario.
Hey, isn’t it interesting how they don’t mention “Global Warming” any more, but just “Climate Change” - you know why? It’s because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.
And just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme – that whopping new tax – imposed on you, that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won’t stop any volcanoes from erupting, that’s for sure.
But hey, relax, give the world a hug and have a nice day!
PS: I wonder if Iceland is buying carbon offsets?

Everything in that email is a fake. it is regurgitated hoax they have made up every time anything like this happens. You've been had,
Closed Thread