Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #211
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

People who park a 4 metre long car on the street in a space between 2 driveways measuring 9 metres long.. leaving 2.5 metres in front and 2.5 metres behind...

People who leave 2-3 metres of space in front of them when stopped at a red, and you are waiting to turn into the next left and you just need that extra 10cm space get through... but they won't budge till they get the green....
Old 20-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #212
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

People in front of me who dawdle up to a green light, which goes orange, then red. And turn left at the Turn Left Any Time With Care and leave me stuck at the red light.

I'm a pretty patient driver when I'm on the way to a mates or something, but when I'm working and have a high paying, urgent delivery to make, these people make me foam at the mouth.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
Old 20-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #213
Auturbo6
The only thing u'll see!!

Hey Yellow festiva, im one of those idiots that stops 3 to 4 meters away from the car in front, (but will move forward if car behind is indicating) the reason for this is, my falcon is a manual, running a big and expensive brass button clutch, and when i come to a halt behind 2-3 cars, (that obviously are auto) and they, because they can't judge stopping distance stop early and then feel it's necessary to idle forward the extra distance, i think #@#@ it, im staying here. Loosers... P.S. Love the quote by Jeremy Clarkson, make it law i say. lol. later.
Old 20-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #214
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

getting busted picking your nose at the lights.......
Old 20-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #215
Paxton
Cobblers!

I've got a couple that I don't think have been mentioned yet.

1) People who don't indicate. Not just to change lanes, but not indicate at all. I'm not a bloody mind reader. If I was, I wouldn't still be sitting behind you. I had the misfortune of almost cleaning one up the other day when I veered into a turning lane, and then got on the power to try and catch the green light when moron in a Corolla just happens to be in front of me. No Blinkers, no nothing.

2) People who will stick to the School Zone speed limit outside of school zone hours, the weekend, or on School Holidays. Taren Point Road in Caringbah is case in point. Three Schools on the same stretch, with two School Zones. It should be a quick trip to the Captain Cook Bridge, especially at 70 Km/H, however the traffic on this road is a joke at the best of times, and it gets worse when Maurie and Dorothy can't remember what time the sign said regarding school zone times. These same people are often driving Camrys and in the Fast lane.

I couldn't give a toss if you're not doing the speed limit, or you want to overtake across an unbroken white line, but you need to remember that courtesy is a dying thing, and that nobody is a mind reader. You need to make your intentions clear from the outset.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Old 20-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #216
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
getting busted picking your nose at the lights.......
LOL..Dave Allen used to do that well in his skits..
Steve
Old 20-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #217
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
Dumbasses that cant make up their mind in maccas drive thrus...
Which reminds me..when you get food at maccas, there is a donation funnel at the pay booth for Ronald McDonald house..a worthy cause. Most of us are sorting change, mindful of the people behind and thus move to the food window without leaving a donation. Very few maccas have a donation funnel at the food window, which is where we DO have idle time to donate.
Any maccas managers out there??

Steve
Old 21-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #218
S.D.M.F

Tossers that have a nice set of aftermarket rims on the front and then leave the stockies on the back.
Old 21-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #219
66GT

Arn't the stockers on the back because their car is allowed to do burnouts & drift all over the place so they don't damage their nice rims & good tyres? usually found on commodores & rear wheel drive nissans.
Old 21-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #220
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I discovered another dumbass manoever I was towing and was doing the speedlimit (100kmh) road was single with cars zipping past with no overtake opportunity - then mr legend comes roaring up behind me with his green "P" plates and rides the **** of my trailer, I AM DOING THE SPEEDLIMIT HERE god damn it made me angry I could understand his frustration if I was doing well below the posted speedlimit but I was not, how fast you wanna go on a signposted 100kmh stretch of road anyway? the way he caught me I would think he was doing somewhere round 150 maybe more.

and for the record I wasnt being a SAC I was being a law abiding driver, driving to the speedlimit as to avoid being cash grabbed, and this guy climbs on up into my trailer, what the hell is up with that

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 21-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #221
Cooper69S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
People who park a 4 metre long car on the street in a space between 2 driveways measuring 9 metres long.. leaving 2.5 metres in front and 2.5 metres behind...
well I suppose pet parking peeves could be a whole new thread, but I agree, it's amazing the number of people who have no consideration for others. It's not just the ones you mentioned. It's also the people who fly into a parking spot at the shopping centre and pull up partly in the adjacent spot, but don't straighten up at all... just leave it there using up 2 bays. Annoying on busy days when free spots are hard to find.

Then there's the ones who lean the trolley against your car or fling doors open leaving dents in other peoples cars. I worked with a bloke who couldn't see the problem with that... "it's only a car what's there to get so worked up about?" didn't understand that some people like to look after their things, and it's still a cost either to get if fixed or reduce the price when you sell it due to the damage...
Old 22-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #222
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 22-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #223
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Streets, nice graphic, explains it nicely. Situation that i'm in if the top (l/r) road was 4 lanes (two in each direction) and both cars are turning right, should they go into the closest lane (inside eastbound) or outer lane (outside eastbound). the intersection near my work is like that, and driver's often can't decide which lane they should be in, often resulting in them driving half in each lane.
Old 22-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #224
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
Streets, nice graphic, explains it nicely. Situation that i'm in if the top (l/r) road was 4 lanes (two in each direction) and both cars are turning right, should they go into the closest lane (inside eastbound) or outer lane (outside eastbound). the intersection near my work is like that, and driver's often can't decide which lane they should be in, often resulting in them driving half in each lane.
love the pics, at school in mornings and arvo's we have a crossroad with stop sign, and if anyone turning right sits close to middle line those of us turning left can get through easily, trouble is lots of women(usually) sit in middle of lane so it takes 5 minutes extra to clear the traffic ,crikies it makes me angry, i usually toot the horn and some will make an effort to move closer to the line and some will look at you in mirror and have a dumbfounded look on their face as they just have no idea, then some (usually in late model 4x4 and looking real well dressed will turn to you and tell you to F-Off and lots of other names , instead of being more angry i just smile to myself and think about her rich husband and wonder if he enjoys having a foul mouthed bit*h as a wife. poor fool.
Old 22-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #225
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've just thought of another one. People who will not round you up even when given the go ahead via many gestures. I've driven garbage trucks the last 5 years. A few more, it's still got me buggered why someone will sit up the bum of one or sit the nose of their car practically on your bumper because your loading the truck beside a parked car. They expect you to reverse all the time! Drives me nuts. It's easier for the car to move than reverse a HR truck 100m down the road between parked cars!

I've lost count of the amount of times I've approached a driver to explain they're leaving me up the creek without a paddle space wise.

A good one I had last week. A last stated to me "Hi, I've moved my car to make it easier for you." My response "Yeah ok? Thanks for parking in front of the pile." She walks off leaving me wondering how thoughtless she is and what a ***** it's going to be to move 6 cubic metres of rubbish around her bloody car!

Tuned by Hallam Performance
Old 22-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #226
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

people that use mobile phones while driving
Old 23-11-2010, 01:05 AM   #227
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Lets see how well you drive with that iPhone shoved up your ***!
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
Old 23-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #228
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last I checked the road rules were that if there was no curve marking on the road indicating you destination lane, and you are leaving a single lane road into a multilane road, you are free to choose.
If there was no curve marking on the road indicating you destination lane, and you are leaving a multilane road into another multilane road, you need to keep in the same lane - relative to the centre of the road.

I personally disagree with the single lane to multilane rule.
I believe that if truning right you should be required to end up in the right most lane, and if left in the left most lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
Old 23-11-2010, 02:43 PM   #229
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66GT
Arn't the stockers on the back because their car is allowed to do burnouts & drift all over the place so they don't damage their nice rims & good tyres? usually found on commodores & rear wheel drive nissans.

I believe If you wanna do burnouts stop being a pussy and do burnouts with your 20inch rims. You look more like a ******** with big rims on front and stock steels on the back.
Even worse I saw a FWD with stockies on front and 20's on back.

Some guy just started at my work last week he has a rodeo with 20-22 inch rims on the front and stock on the back. I can't wait to ask him why so I can hear his response.
Old 23-11-2010, 06:39 PM   #230
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66GT
The reason they put stockies on is they aren't confident enough in the car's and/or driver's ability to do burnouts with better, wider rubber.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 23-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #231
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
The reason they put stockies on is they aren't confident enough in the car's and/or driver's ability to do burnouts with better, wider rubber.

Here's a follow the leader style post. This sort of bagging is getting rather boring.

IMA. These posts have been reported, so I hope the mod removes them.
And yeah, I'm a wowser and I don't care. I'm just fed up with bogans bagging certain branded cars, because they're one eyed.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 23-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #232
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

This has run it's course.
Closed Thread