Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #31
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Hell yes, my badges are never coming off.

Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-11-2010, 10:44 PM   #32
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I remove the badges on all my cars.... Even my GT has a naked bum.....

It is the car, the ownership and the personal satisfaction that are paramount to my driving pleasure...

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 10:56 PM   #33
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To me an ELII XR8 is the second best looking modern falcon based car, in maroon, lowered, bodykit and in good nick....i'm having visuals...beautiful cars....definitely on shopping list if i ever get some room to store and cash to buy it with!

ESP's don't have a badge to differentiate them from XE Ghia's but i have all those feelings mentioned above about her, i have had it for 8 years and been through thick and thin together, would never ever sell that car. She needs an engine rebuild so it's sitting in the garage collecting dust and it breaks my heart everytime i look at it for a while and remember the good times we had together lol.

P.S. I don't classify ESP's as a modern falcon....
XESP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #34
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XESP351
To me an ELII XR8 is the second best looking modern falcon based car, in maroon, lowered, bodykit and in good nick....i'm having visuals...beautiful cars....definitely on shopping list if i ever get some room to store and cash to buy it with!

ESP's don't have a badge to differentiate them from XE Ghia's but i have all those feelings mentioned above about her, i have had it for 8 years and been through thick and thin together, would never ever sell that car. She needs an engine rebuild so it's sitting in the garage collecting dust and it breaks my heart everytime i look at it for a while and remember the good times we had together lol.

P.S. I don't classify ESP's as a modern falcon....

Funny you should mention the colour XESP351. Once the project is complete Im respraying it Recency Red. That real solid rusty colour.. They look unreal!
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #35
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
Yes I do this too. I have been known to go out to the garage and just sit in the car for a bit. No reason, other than to sit and admire it.
Some people go for walks, I grab a beer and polish my car and admire it. I love starring at all the different angles and understanding how it was created. All the problems just fade away.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:15 PM   #36
disco

Mmmm...interesting thread.

Yeah...I have to admit, when I'm cruising my ride and look over at the glovebox sticker........ it sometimes gives me the warm and fuzzies.

Cheers,
Dave.

disco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:21 PM   #37
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIIXR8
Funny you should mention the colour XESP351. Once the project is complete Im respraying it Recency Red. That real solid rusty colour.. They look unreal!
I recently sold an EL Ghia V8 which was Regency Red, car was immaculate. The colour is easily the best EL colour, looks great when clean and the sun reflects of it...good luck with the project...
Old 09-11-2010, 11:33 PM   #38
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love my Alfa Badge. So much so, I have it tattoo'ed on me.

Ford badge? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeh. Not so much. Doesn't do anything for me.

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #39
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XESP351
I recently sold an EL Ghia V8 which was Regency Red, car was immaculate. The colour is easily the best EL colour, looks great when clean and the sun reflects of it...good luck with the project...

This isn't my car but a guy I was talking to on Youtube use to own it... In this condition I looks incredible!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:42 PM   #40
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

That ELs horn mate, but IMO EL XR8s in White are the schmickest
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #41
F6T
Has V8 envy

I love the F6 Typhoon badge. Getting the nods, stares and acknowledgments from other drivers, and the envy from most xr6t owners....sounds bad I know, but it does give you the warm and fuzzies. Especially with the reputation they have with anyone that has ever picked up a car magazine in the last 5 years.

And the talk from anyone that has been for a spin....yep, love the badge.

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 01:03 AM   #42
Gaz
Got Ghia?

Must say - Even though my BF V8 Ghia is about 1000x the car of my old EF manual fairmont, part of me doesn't feel the same about it. Then I saw a photo of the old EF hit up the bum.

In reference to the poster above who says they get a beer and polish the car. Did that the other night - turns out it's a pretty even 6 pack to wax a car :
Old 10-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #43
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
I love the F6 Typhoon badge. Getting the nods, stares and acknowledgments from other drivers, and the envy from most xr6t owners....sounds bad I know, but it does give you the warm and fuzzies. Especially with the reputation they have with anyone that has ever picked up a car magazine in the last 5 years.

My best mate has a Force6 - and he is fitting an F6 to the grille simply because they don't come with an F6 badge...

We discussed the meaning of the F6 badge over a few beers...
and decided that it means one of two things...
1) and F word that goes for 6 letters (sounds and looks like FAAARK)
2) it is the amount of experiences that the car can give you - to make you use that word... (when you open the drivers door and admire the crisp red leather, the punch in the chest with straight line acceleration, breaking traction with traction control on, controllable drifting, the speed of the tacho between 3000 - limiter, the g-forces applied when you stand on the brembros)....

thats what works for me - anyway!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #44
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
Always wondered what they called Burger King in Hungary, thanks for finding out mate!

As for badges, I'm a big fan. The tickford wings and an XR badge always make me smile. Can't understand why so many people debadge their cars, especially when they are a decent model. If I see a BA/BF with an FPV bodykit and no badges I immediately think povo-pak XT driven by a young bloke. If I see an AU with a T3 kit and no badges I immediately think povo-pak forte driven by a young bloke.

This is just my opinion but I think (certain) badges add prestige and break up bland areas of paintwork; making it look a lot more interesting (or 'busy' for some), classy and distinguishable from something that looks like it came back 1500 bucks poorer from Xtr3m3 Kustom$.
In a way, I know what you mean, but I reckon cars look smoother without excessive badging. The EA only has 4 badges on the exterior, the Ford and Fairmont Ghia badges on the garnish, and a pair of Ghia shields on the front guards. It looks smoother without the front Ford badge (everyone can tell it's a Ford anyway) and the 3.9i Multipoint guard badges.

Similarly on the AU, it's only got 2 badges. A Ford badge front and rear, and the chrome garnish has FAIRMONT lettering across it. It tells everyone all they need to know. I removed the 4.0 intech badges off the guards and the Series III (on a series II) badge off the boot. Just looks clean and uncluttered now.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #45
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIIXR8

This isn't my car but a guy I was talking to on Youtube use to own it... In this condition I looks incredible!
Proves what i was saying is true......i just messed my pants...
Old 10-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #46
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Love my F6 TYPHOON badge on the rear doors of my Foon. Want to put one inside the car for me to look at while driving
Old 10-11-2010, 05:28 PM   #47
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T

Me and my Mrs have the exact same conversations F6T.
Personally Im a V8 man but I have test driven the F6's and have been completly gob smack!! Litlerly every day my Mrs and I have an arguement about V8's and F6's... I know stock for stock there quicker but I just cant go past a V8 in my hear... But shes obsessed with the BF F6's.. Her ultimate dream car... She will get one, but she was late for getting her license and as a result still on her P's so she cant. But we do dream about one say having my Turbo XR8 in the driveway along with her F6....
Old 10-11-2010, 05:34 PM   #48
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Haha me and the wife have exact opposite conversations, she hates Turbo's and loves V8's, I like V8's but couldn't go past the Typhoon as it was my dream car. She keeps calling me names because of my obsession with my Foon.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #49
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes the badges on my car give me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside everytime I look at them.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #50
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I drive a VTII Commodore Acclaim...it hardly makes me smile.

If I had a GT-E, then I would...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 11:06 PM   #51
Alby1
you'd be popular too

That's it, i'm getting the mrs and showing her this thread so she can see i'm not the only guy that will go into the garage and find myself staring than all of a sudden i'm cleaning the tires, but once iv'e done that i need to clean the mags down, than i notice the guard has a funny mark on it so i get the polish to give that section a buff..You get the idea, I find myself starring at the Tickford badge on the sides. Love my EL XR8, don't tell the wife

Al

E303 cam, ported gt40p heads, 1.7 rockers, high flow cats, Au220 TB, 70mm Maf, tune (215rwkw) and some bigger brakes

Have now brought my car to the 2000's with electric rear windows, door lights and wood trims
Alby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 11:36 PM   #52
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm glad Ford drivers have the passion of a good car.
Holden drivers obviously not happy with their badges so they keep replacing them with a bankrupt American company. Yeah that seams more fancy and high class.
Ben73 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 01:44 AM   #53
Bent8
Long live the GT !

The Ford badge on the front grille does it for me, it immediately reminds me of the rich history of Henry's Blue Oval...

Though the biggest smile comes when I plant my right foot on a quiet night and hear the sweetest V8 symphony coming from those quad pipes !!

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #54
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8
The Ford badge on the front grille does it for me, it immediately reminds me of the rich history of Henry's Blue Oval...

Though the biggest smile comes when I plant my right foot on a quiet night and hear the sweetest V8 symphony coming from those quad pipes !!
Pardon my ignorance - but when did the blue oval symbol begin?
As I remember - Model Ts and Model As didn't have it...
They had the scriptive lettering of 'FORD' but not the symbol we all know and recognise...

anyone?
Old 11-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #55
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
They had the scriptive lettering of 'FORD' but not the symbol we all know and recognise...

anyone?
I think the oval itself has been around for a lot longer than Ford have been using it on their cars. The XC was the first Falcon to actually have a blue oval on it, correct?

http://www.neatorama.com/2008/02/18/...-of-car-logos/
Ford_The_Win is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 06:30 PM   #56
robbyg
72xa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick_1010
I think the oval itself has been around for a lot longer than Ford have been using it on their cars. The XC was the first Falcon to actually have a blue oval on it, correct?

http://www.neatorama.com/2008/02/18/...-of-car-logos/
I think you may be right Mick, funnely enough me and my younger brother, were talking about this a couple of weeks ago he owns a late xc which has the blue oval and told me the earliar xc's did'nt, they were like my xa and before, and we tried to work out what model had the blue oval that we could remember and to be honest did'nt know so like yourself hope someone can fill us in.
robbyg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #57
lance
lance

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie

anyone?
I reckon the earliest was the '32 v8, correct me if im wrong

1984 XE Esp Fairmont Ghia 6cyl Sold

1984 Xe Fairmont Ghia 6cyl Efi Sold

1966 Xp deluxe sedan Sold

Mk2 escort sedan 1600 Sold

Mk3 cortina 2 litre Sold

1975 Xb Falcon 500 250/ column auto 94000 kms
Current
lance is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #58
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
I'm glad Ford drivers have the passion of a good car.
Holden drivers obviously not happy with their badges so they keep replacing them with a bankrupt American company. Yeah that seams more fancy and high class.
There's only 2 things I'll do to my car in regards to badges....

1) De-badge entirely. Unlikey.

2) Keep the lion, and the stone. I've actually been thinking of going back the the original Holden badge that the VLs came out with. I got a VS style Holden badge a few years ago, but I've had a "retro" thing going on lately.

As for Chev badges. Chev badges should stay on Chevs.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #59
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
As for Chev badges. Chev badges should stay on Chevs.
Unless the Holden is powered by a Chev. It is at least, and Im sure some could argue company ownership specifics but Im not getting into that, part Chev.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 09:24 PM   #60
fmc351
let it burn

According to this website, its was a 1928 Model A that first sported an ealy version of the symbol.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/History_of_Ford_Motor_Company

FordForums had this
Quote:
Evolution of a logo
1903: Henry Ford founds the Ford Motor Co. on June 16.
1909: Engineer C.H. Wills styles the Ford script.
1912: The script is placed in an oval.
1928: The Model A wears a Ford Blue Oval.
1961: Current style first used.
2003: Centennial logo introduced.
http://www.fordforums.com/f349/ford-...01/#post403369
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post