Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-11-2010, 02:32 PM   #31
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-0733
i know quite a few people with early GT's that drive them to shows then straight back home again. might have something to do with the uncomfortable vinyl seats that stick to them or stone chips or being blown away by modern cars .
Probably because if they get exposed for long enough on public streets they'll attract the attention of thieves or idiots wanting to do damage to them. Can't remember the last time I saw an XY GT in a Westfield car park let alone in somebodys suburban driveway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
I agree, but more like 40 years. Cars from 1990 aren't really worth much yet. 30 yo cars are just starting to appreciate in value.

XD Falcon, it's a classic now

The good thing about the GFC is that is separated the 'investors' from the enthusiasts.
I think any desirable badge that reaches 40 years old in good nick will appreciate somewhat, whether that be a GT, GTS, ESP, SLR, XUI, Cobra, 40th.

Crikey, rusted out coupes found in barnes are probably getting more than what they were new, aren't they!

For those that bought a Cobra in 2008 and immediately made a $20k-$30k profit on re-sale I take my hat off..Well done! The free market in action. However hindsight will go to prove that those that paid $70k in 2008 for one in the hope of building up a nice nestegg for themselves in 30 years time would probably have been better off investing that $70k in property or shares instead, especially considering the holding costs will be around $3,000 a year over that time.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #32
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinksta
Or even, swap some of those words around, and for $118K you can put the COYOTE in a Territory....hmmm
Are you planning on driving your way out of setting concrete !!!!!!!.......
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #33
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's an example of one for $42k with 56,000 on the clock. Not a bad buy
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #34
kinksta
Luxojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Are you planning on driving your way out of setting concrete !!!!!!!.......
No, but I want Uluru in my backyard, so I thought it would make a good tow vehicle...
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #35
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

High priced Cobra's and 40th Anniversary GT's always appear on carsales / carpoint. No doubt hoping to replicate the huge prices being asked by other "collectible" Fords.

The fact that these adds sit there for months/years should tell you something about what the market sees as a fair price.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #36
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Comparing these to the XC Cobra ???
When most people bought the XCs they did what they were made for
Driving
A small hand full maybe didnt,but gee even early 80s the XC Cobras werent commanding anywhere near there new price
Who bought an XC Cobra and thought ill just park this up for 30 years ,itll be worth "X" amount

Most of these later models BF Cobra owners are probably cashed up,and hopeing for a grand return
Or maybe bought at a large profit from the original owner and well still hopeing and praying

Id safely say theyll drop in price ,like everything else before they start the increase again

But if ya dont ask ya dont get
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #37
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the modern b series cobras are not two doors so off the bat they are not true to the original, also I personally would take a b series typhoon if I was prepared to spend that kind of coin being around 60k, if these are really worth 100k+ I wouldnt buy it for the simple fact I know how others treat cars in parking lots and the like it would be a heart attack waiting to happen..

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #38
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Wow. The amount of people who always whinge about resale values taking a killing especially with limited edition models etc and Ford finally has one that holds its value and you all ***** ***** *****.

Yes, it probably seems a little overpriced over 100k, but take it as a great compliment to a great Falcon.
Old 16-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #39
CODSASR

I like how some are saying it was a limited run of 100 cars the right abouve it theres one that is build number 111 and another build number 312 hahaha.

some people have no idea

2012 SZ TS Territory
CODSASR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #40
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUD
Wow. The amount of people who always whinge about resale values taking a killing especially with limited edition models etc and Ford finally has one that holds its value and you all ***** ***** *****.

Yes, it probably seems a little overpriced over 100k, but take it as a great compliment to a great Falcon.
That is a good point...

Old 16-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #41
Cabbage
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
There's an example of one for $42k with 56,000 on the clock. Not a bad buy

Yeah that doesn't seem like a bad buy. A bit more realistic than $118,000, that seems way to much. Could be a P take!!!
Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2010, 12:36 AM   #42
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Def overpriced but then most of the muscle cars are to me too. If people are willing to pay the $$ good luck to all concerned, can remember back in the mid-late eighties a guy here paid around $18k for a Phase 3 in bits. Heaps were saying he paid too much - guess who is laughing now
Old 17-11-2010, 01:27 AM   #43
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People that bought the cars to drive and enjoy the ownership experience will not care, people that bought it to make a profit, I love to see them get burned.....

Anyway I believe that FPV made too may Cobras, 200 like the GT40th would have been plenty....they were a great buy at 65K (new price), people that payed above that well they should have shopped around as there were plenty sitting on dealers floors that they could not shift in a hurry.

Those that say the Cobra's sold out quickly there were still brand new Cobra's for sale months after the release sitting in dealer show rooms. The GT40th sold out in about a week, but there is much less of them made!

The GT 40th anniversary at least had a purpose, ie to commemorate the 40 year anniversary of the GT Falcon (an important milestone, much like the 30 year anniversary and 25 year anniversary cars that still sell at the same or above new price today, condition depending), not really sure why the Cobra was released (I know it was to make money for Ford/FPV), but it seemed to have no purpose as such (unless I missed something)

Re the prices, well good luck, but I doubt it will sell for $118 in todays market, or for quite a while.....
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #44
3vXT

What's everyone getting offended over this?

If I want to buy a car and not drive it, it doesn't hurt anyone else. If I buy a new GT and spend a month cutting it to pieces with an oxy its nobody's business but mine. People seem to be offended because they believe some moral code is being broken if you buy a decent car and don't drive it every week, guess what? the car doesn't know its not being driven, it doesn't have feelings.

Buying a Cobra as an investment may not be the best idea compared to property or other areas but then maybe those people also want to be able to tell people "i've got a BF cobra at home with only 4K on it!". "That's a lot more interesting than "I've got a small block of land with 2 trees and some grass on it". So what if they don't drive it every week or advertise it for more than what people will pay, it doesn't hurt you.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 12:20 AM   #45
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^^^^^^^^ very good point
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 12:30 AM   #46
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Well you would be "throwing your money away" if you paid that much coin for that particular car.

As nice as they are - they are certainly not comensurate with that sort of money. 50 - 60 K ....maybe.....and then you're encroaching into COYOTE territory.
Hang on Hang on mate...I know they are putting the Coyote into the Falcon but I have not heard of a Coyote Territory......I would buy one of them in a snap.
Old 18-11-2010, 03:43 AM   #47
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If anyone is interested in this one: http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...aspx?R=8784594
Give “Brian” a ring, tell him he’s a Greedy SOB, and offer him $55k. That’s all HE paid for it.
I know, because it was MY car.
Old 18-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #48
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So someone pays 55K for a car and tries to on sell for 80K

Wheres the issue in that ???

Is that like saying ,
I sold a block of land 50 years ago for 10,000 pound and now its worth 1.5 Million
The bloke selling the block at todays value (or market demand)is a crook ???
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #49
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC

Is that like saying ,
I sold a block of land 50 years ago for 10,000 pound and now its worth 1.5 Million
Or anyone who selling a mint HO now for the price of a house who bought it for for low double digits 'back then'.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #50
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Cant wait till 2020 when theres a heap of BF Cobras with less then 1000 kms on them selling for 15 grand lol!!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #51
cjf
GT Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Cant wait till 2020 when theres a heap of BF Cobras with less then 1000 kms on them selling for 15 grand lol!!
And why would this excite you.
BPR CAI , PACEMAKERS 4-1, BALLISTIC 100cell RACING CATS, CROW CAMS GTP,
K LINE , XFORCE ,PSI VALVE SPRINGS, MANLEY H BEAMS, SRP PISTONS & RINGS, ACL RACE BEARINGS MELLINGS BILLET OIL PUMP, POWERBOND UNDERDRIVES, TT1-160 THERMOSTAT.
cjf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #52
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf
And why would this excite you.
Because then ill be able to afford one and park it in the garage!!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #53
Falconunbelievable
FORD PARKING ONLY!

Just for interests sake, this one here is owned by Paul iowner of Harrisons Early Spares of Ormeau. Has been trying to sell it for a while as he kept sending me emails with pics of it last year....

Cobra

Member of
Chrome Cruisers Inc
Falconunbelievable is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #54
cjf
GT Hardcore

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Because then ill be able to afford one and park it in the garage!!
I might starting saving my loose change ,so I can get one too.
BPR CAI , PACEMAKERS 4-1, BALLISTIC 100cell RACING CATS, CROW CAMS GTP,
K LINE , XFORCE ,PSI VALVE SPRINGS, MANLEY H BEAMS, SRP PISTONS & RINGS, ACL RACE BEARINGS MELLINGS BILLET OIL PUMP, POWERBOND UNDERDRIVES, TT1-160 THERMOSTAT.
cjf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 06:27 PM   #55
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUD

True, this site is never happy.

But it is an indication, the lore and heritage that the badge brings ads value. Add in the limited build numbers and it adds up to a 'special' car that will attract a high asking price.

The car is only worth how much someone pays for it however, and if poeple are asking for high (100k +) for one, good luck to them. If they think its worth it, and who knows, someone else might.

Go on ebay and search for hotwheels XB coupe, cost less then $3 and people are asking for $20...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #56
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Free country.

Free to advertise a vehicle for any price....

Free to bag out dreamers....
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 10:22 PM   #57
adelaidecrows02

The one that is advertised for 118k - if you read it, then compare it with the wording in some of the "genuine" emails that come out of Africa and the like advising that you have alot of money to collect, you will note that the wording is somewhat similar......
Old 18-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #58
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconunbelievable
Just for interests sake, this one here is owned by Paul iowner of Harrisons Early Spares of Ormeau. Has been trying to sell it for a while as he kept sending me emails with pics of it last year....

Cobra
Low Km GT 40th Anniversary selling for between $125k-250k
I want some of what he's on

"Tell him he's dreaming"
Old 18-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #59
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gee a Cobra bashing thread....never thought I'd see that on fordforums...

I love my BF GT Cobra, the BF GT is still the best looking GT of the Plastics and the Cobra is the best of breed....and my name is on the dealer invoice.

Unfortunately you can't replicate that history.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2010, 04:42 AM   #60
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC

Is that like saying ,
Whether he’s a greedy SOB, or just a dopey prat, it’s pretty much the same deal. In the current market, the car just isn’t worth what he’s asking, and I suspect he’ll have to wait for a long time before it is. It’s not that long since he bought it from the dealer, who couldn’t shift it for a LONG time. If he was thinking to turn an instant profit then he is delusional.

And BTW, I don’t believe this is a “Cobras Bagging” thread, I think it is a “Delusional Idiot” bagging thread.
Yes, it’s a free country; they can advertise, and we can bag them.