Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Should Non GT Fords Have The Stripes and Non V8s Have The Bonnet Bulge?
No Leave Them For The GTs and The V8s 51 40.48%
Yes I already have those on my non GT/V8 8 6.35%
I dont really care 67 53.17%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 
Default Stripes Etc. On Cars

I have always thought that cars that werent a GT shouldnt have gt stripes and anything that wasnt a v8 shouldnt have the bonnet bulge. does anyone else agree or do i accept being just being a bit @n@l?

Im Picking the majority will lay on dont really care.

99AUXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Each to their own as far as what they like on a car. If thats youre opinion on it, then thats fine. Personally, i am too a purist for this matter. Youve gotta earn your stripes
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99AUXR
I have always thought that cars that werent a GT shouldnt have gt stripes and anything that wasnt a v8 shouldnt have the bonnet bulge. does anyone else agree or do i accept being just being a bit @n@l?
Well in that they are "stripes" not "GT stripes" and many many cars that are not V8s have bulges from the factory as well as in Australia Stripes first appeared on Holdens and Datsun for example had a bonnet bulge in the 1970s I suspect the latter is more appropriate although you WILL find strong affirmation from a small group.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #4
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Well in that they are "stripes" not "GT stripes" and many many cars that are not V8s have bulges from the factory as well as in Australia Stripes first appeared on Holdens and Datsun for example had a bonnet bulge in the 1970s I suspect the latter is more appropriate although you WILL find strong affirmation from a small group.
what i mean as they could find a different design in stripe and not the one marketed on the GT's. Also find a different bonnet bulge not the one on the v8s, i have no problem and actually like the look of the silver f6 of AFF with the bonnet scope it looks good.
Old 21-11-2010, 09:56 PM   #5
glavas

stripes only on old cars. 60-70's!!!!!!!!!!!
glavas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #6
naughts
Hmmmmm Mulberry....

Leave the stripes to the cars that deserve them.. GT's
Nothing worse than seeing a XT or XR6 with stipes--- in my opinion.
naughts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #7
99AUXR
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughts
Leave the stripes to the cars that deserve them.. GT's
Nothing worse than seeing a XT or XR6 with stipes--- in my opinion.
whenever i go to christchurch (in nz) i always see a red FG XR6 with GT stripe that has faild to cut out the srtipe around the xr6 badge and it just looks bad.
Old 21-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #8
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Don't even give it a second thought ...... GS stripes on any XA looks great. When (if) I complete my XA sedan it will be a GT mock up, the reason I can do this is its mine. Same thing? People driving a Prius annoy me more .....

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 21-11-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #9
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Whenever I see a base model Swift or Yaris with stripes on, a little part of me dies inside.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #10
99AUXR
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
People driving a Prius annoy me more .....
nice, and good luck with your build mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fled74
Whenever I see a base model Swift or Yaris with stripes on, a little part of me dies inside.
this is more so how i feel about the matter, its not the end of the world, but it just isnt right.
Old 21-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #11
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Amen to that. Makes me feel better about myself driving cars that cancel out several of them
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 10:56 PM   #12
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't see what all the fuss is about. I see it only as a peice of sticky vinal tape on the bottom of car doors or over the roof. I admire a GT for what it is. Not what color tape it's got on it.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 11:03 PM   #13
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Don't like stripes on any car.
Old 21-11-2010, 11:05 PM   #14
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I can't see what all the fuss is about. I see it only as a peice of sticky vinal tape on the bottom of car doors or over the roof. I admire a GT for what it is. Not what color tape it's got on it.
Yep, spot on.

Who really cares? It no big deal, poeple sound like two year olds with this stuff

"Oh noes, its not a V8, he can't have stripes because his car doesn't have the powers and the speeds to have stripes!!!!"

Its a cosmetic mod that people do to make their car look different to the car next door. Who cares if the car isn't powerfull. Mr Smith has a car that he wants to make look good, but Mrs smith doesn't like the idea of big V8's, 400+kw's and sub 12 1/4's in the car the take the smithlings to school in.

Same with the bulge...

Didn't XL-XM's have a bulgy-scoopy thing? Sacralige! They didn't have V8's! Call the pastor, rid the car of this demonic intrusion!

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #15
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OMG another stripe poll. I was wondering how long it would be before another one poped up - usually happens every 6 months.

People can do whatever they like to their cars. With the right colour combo some XR's look OK with stripes while some GT's look good without them

I'm curious as to why the option 1 is "leave them for GT's/V8's" when non GT V8's don't have them in the first place
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,

Last edited by GT0132; 21-11-2010 at 11:25 PM.
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 11:59 PM   #16
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Here we go again, I'll give this thread 6 hrs before it is locked down like every other stripe/bulge thread has been.

Like has been said, who cares. It is your car, do what you like. I have had a XR8 which got stripes (with my own personal touch) and I have had a GT and SP that both had stripes. My F6 has neither stripes or a bonnet bulge, it may get some stripes in the future but they will not be GT ones and they will be different, my car and I can if I want.

Like has been said, the whole thing is a bit childish.
Old 22-11-2010, 12:07 AM   #17
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

I'm going to buy a Ford Focus and put GT stripes on it, then show up to an all Ford day just to watch the elitists cry.

It's a topic not worth debating in my opinion.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 01:02 AM   #18
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Quote:
LOL, Bit off topic but was driving to work on burwood hwy the othe day. sat at the lights in themiddle lane. in front of me to the left was a black prius, rego # gr33n, to the right another one, blue rego # hipy.. me sat in my V8 GT in the middle.

I laughed to myself and thought, Now thats carbon offset!!!

As for stripes I don't care, I just find it amusing what people do these days. Like the Territory near work, with B series GT side stripes and the letters "GT" hand painted on to the stripe, crooked, in silver and orange paint...
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 01:24 AM   #19
fmc351
let it burn

I had a mate with an AU XR8 with Cobra stripes on it, it looked better without IMO. But its his car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked

Same with the bulge...

Didn't XL-XM's have a bulgy-scoopy thing? Sacralige! They didn't have V8's! Call the pastor, rid the car of this demonic intrusion!

260 Windsor???

Cortina 6 had a buldge. I never measured it, but I dont think the bonnet on my old TC would have closed without it.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 09:22 AM   #20
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I voted I don't care

but i think it needs to be done right unlike bellow

saw an eb at the local supermarket yesterday that had gt stripes on it at the door handle hight and if the owner is on here i am sorry but it looked horrid

the inter-cooler under the front gt style bar looked great though heaps of room in there just the paint scheme was shocking

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #21
NFURY8 Ute
Formerly Quick 5.4L

I dont realy care if ppl have stripes or a bonnet on theres, wat does **** me of is the VY i seen with a XR8 bonnet and GT spoiler

For Go:
custom exhaust, BPR CAI

For Show:
Power bolge hard cover n spoiler, bonnet n hard cover decals, 20'' CSA RAZORS, Pedders Ultra lows
NFURY8 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #22
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Its a cosmetic mod that people do to make their car look different to the car next door. Who cares if the car isn't powerfull.
You mean a Prius with GT Stripes wont go faster!!!!
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #23
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

each to their own really, when i had to replace the bonnet on my xr6 i swapped it with a boss bonnet as i reckon they suit the xr kit... to me it's no different then those who put fpv / hsv wheels & kits on non fpv / hsv cars,...some look fantastic...some look terrible. personally, as long as you like what you've done to it.. go for it...
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 11:33 AM   #24
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yer voted don't care.

I think what some of the owners of the V8 GT F6 etc are forgetting is not everybody has the money to buy these models. So whats the next best thing adding a few things similar on their own lower model.
GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #25
EF Hoon
Sideways in my 33!

My brother just got a Xr4 its white and has the blue stripes, i like it

Looks like a squashed up Gt Cobra! but its girly lol
EF Hoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #26
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

A big steaming bowl of WGAS. Let people do whatever they like to their own cars.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #27
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

FFS, there's about 50,000 XW/XY Falcons masquerading as GT's and nobody seems too fussed that they're paying $30+ for a Falcon 500 with GT stripes.
If someone want's to stripe and XR6, XR8 or ******* Bongo van then good on them. The people who own the real deal have nothing to fear.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #28
Fireblade
Wizard Member

I personally don't like fakers but that is up to the individual owning the car in question.

Seems to me the OP is a little bit elitist about Daddy's ride.
Old 22-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #29
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw a white FG F6 with black GS stripes on it, i thought it looked fantastic.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #30
DENKO
Bseries hardcore

i saw a fully sick camry with a gt spoiler and gt stripes,
BF MKII XR8, 13.8 @ 107mph
BA MKII F6 TYPHOON
BA MKII XR6 TURBO

BF MKII F6 TYPHOON R-spec, 13.2 @ 109 mph [LTHLF-6]
PX Ranger WILDTRAK
DENKO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post