Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Cars for Sale

Cars for Sale Complete or nearly complete Cars for sale. Note: ALL transactions in these forums are done at your own risk. FordForums Australia Inc. does NOT take responsibility for any aspect of any item or transaction that may take place via the site.

Old 15-09-2023, 11:34 PM   #1
nicco

Default (WA) Ford Falcon 2002

Vehicle Sales Form

State
: WA

Make of vehicle
: Ford

Model of vehicle
: Falcon

Year of manufacture
: 2002

Colour of vehicle
: Meteorite Grey

Engine
: 4.0L Turbo

Transmission
: T-56 Manual

Body style (sedan, wagon etc.)
:Sedan

Selling Price $
: 47000

Odometer Reading
: 174000

City
: Boyanup

Other relevant information.

This car has been my pride and joy and an ongoing project for many years now, with the engine build kicking off in 2010 and purchasing one of the cleanest, stock engined, AU XR6’s in Australia in 2012 to put my built engine into. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with this car, but as I’ve got older my life priorities have changed and the car no longer gets driven as much as it deserves to, so it’s time to pass it onto a new owner who can enjoy it and cherish it as much as I have.

Specs:
AU III XR6 VCT manual – Chassis has 174,000km
The turbo motor has approx. 35,000km on it since the conversion was completed.
This conversion has been fully engineer approved and complianced in Western Australia

Engine:
Dyno’d at 506 rear wheel horsepower by All-Star Garage in Perth, WA.
Engine build completed by Brad McGrath at McGrath Automotive in Townsville, Qld
AU block, fully stripped, chemical cleaned and inspected
All the following parts were sourced new for the project, except for the rocker cover:
SPOOL forged connecting rods
Mahle forged pistons
6mm mains girdle
Custom ground, Surecams camshaft designed specifically for the project
Custom valves with seats to suit
Uprated springs
Full rotating assembly balanced by Barbagallo Race Engines in Qld
ARP fasteners throughout
ED and a half rocker cover (so ED style with the EF style half-moon cast in; came out with the last of the ED’s) – this is purely a stylistic choice – I think it is a prettier rocker cover than the AU one.
There is a known weep in the rear main seal, however, this is not excessive at this point in time.

Turbo system – all purchased brand new for project:
The following parts were all purchased brand new for the project:
Garrett GT-3582R turbo
6-Boost manifold
Tial wastegate
Snort performance inlet manifold
Custom made, mild steel, 3.5-inch exhaust all the way from the turbo outlet to the tip.
LS1 Coils
Standard, in tank fuel pump is being utilised as a lift pump which feeds to the custom made aluminium surge tank. Standard fuel pump was replaced with a new item in 2023.
Mangafuel 1000hp rated, externally mounted, positive displacement gear fuel pump mounted directly in front of surge tank feeding to the rail and 1000cc Bosch injectors, then back to the tank via a Magnafuel boost referenced fuel pressure regulator

EFI:
All-Star Garage in Perth, WA completed the final mechanical fit up, as well as all the electrical and ECU install, plus the dyno tuning and emissions compliancing tunes.
The car utilises a stand alone Link G4+ Thunder computer to run the motor. The car utilises a stand alone Link G4+ Thunder ECU to run the motor. The team at All-Star knocked the tune out of the park as the car cold starts and tootles around at normal speeds like it is standard.
By teaming the Link with a BA Falcon, electronic throttle body the car also has
Cruise control
Traction control
Anti-lag launch; all managed through the ECU
ECU also controls reverse lock-out mechanism to ensure you can’t accidentally engage reverse at speed.
Standard ECU and BCM take care of other functions of the car

Driveline:
Tremec T-56 sourced brand new for project from Mal Wood Automotive in Qld. Mal Wood offered these transmissions built to bolt directly to the 6 cylinder block and have the shifter protrude through the floor in the correct location to be able to use the standard centre console.
The Mal Wood kit also came with an option 4+ clutch, hydraulic concentric throw out bearing with remote bleed lines, as well as the bolt in hydraulic clutch pedal assembly.
Custom tail shaft built by Final Drive Engineering
Standard, 3.45:1 LSD rebuilt by Australind Automatics

Suspension:
Shockworks coilovers in all four corners provide surprisingly sharp handling without compromising on ride comfort
Standard independent rear suspension as this car is a VCT – provides a much more surefooted driving experience than the solid axle Falcons
Steering rack was replaced with a reconditioned unit while engine was out

Body:
Front bar is a genuine Pursuit 250 item; this was sourced as genuine new-old-stock for the project
Side and rear skirts are fibreglass reproduction TE50 items sourced and installed by the previous owner of the car
Bonnet is a fibreglass item with an integral BA bonnet bulge, this was also sourced and installed by the previous owner of the car
Sunroof is a genuine, aftermarket Hollandia item. This was installed in the car in 2012 in Brisbane, Qld by the official Hollandia installer; has fully open, extraction opening and closed settings, internal shade plus automatically closes with ignition off.
Previous owner had the badges, antenna and boot lock barrel shaved and those panels repainted
The car has covered real world kilometers, so there are stone chips on the front and rear bars, as well a scratch on the bonnet as well as another on the side skirts.

Wheels:
Genuine ROH Azzurro’s (TE-50 wheels) sourced new as genuine new-old-stock for project
Bridgestone Potenza RE003 – 245/40R18 installed late 2021, circa 2500km covered on these tyres.

Interior:
The interior has deliberately been left effectively standard but kept to a neat condition.
Genuine MOMO TE-50 steering wheel in dark blue, sourced new as genuine new-old-stock for project. The dark blue section has suffered some degradation as all these wheels unfortunately do.
Genuine MOMO shift knob in dark blue, sourced new as genuine new-old-stock for project. H-pattern imprint has flattened out but generally in good condition
BA shift lever – has a slightly shorter throw and is more backward swept than the standard AU lever, making for a more pleasant fall to hand for the gear stick
Standard XR6 VCT black/blue seats in good condition – drivers seat base bolsters are a little flattened, but no tears or otherwise
Alpine, double-DIN head unit with Bluetooth, MP3 playback etc. Can connect a microphone for call functionality, but not currently installed.
Alpine Type S 5x7’s in front doors. Not amazing sound, but not terrible either.
Glass mounted, flush radio antenna to replace shaved external antenna as mentioned above.
Full air-conditioning functionality has been retained throughout the turbo install – this was a major headache to fit everything neatly in the nose of the car, however, I was unwilling to compromise on this as this is, in my mind, key to being a comfortable street.
The air-conditioning controls sit in a plastic chassis which is no longer available from Ford. The chassis in my car, as well as every similar part at the wreckers, have become brittle with age making this part impossible to replace. I have reverse engineered this part and 3D printed a replacement in PETG. This has allowed me to keep the full aircon functionality while only losing the backlighting of the switches; a compromise I was happy to make to ensure the air conditioning remained usable.
I recently replaced the cluster as the original speedo stopped functioning. Odometer reading was brought across to the replacement unit by Speedline Instruments in Perth, WA.
All other interior functionality works correctly – interior dome light, rear door lights, remote boot and fuel release, etc.
Standard Smartshield remote central locking

Extras:
Flanged, 3.5” high flow, performance cat which was initially fitted to the car, however, could not quite pass the emissions test. It was replaced with a hilux cat which allowed the car to pass emissions which I left installed since then.
A 3.5” rear resonator, not flanged, which was originally used in the exhaust. It makes the note very quiet under 3000rpm, however, I removed it to get a bit more engine note from the exhaust at idle and tootling around.
Car will also come with the 3.5”rear resonator which was originally installed; this made the exhaust extremely quiet under 3000rpm, however, I preferred being able to hear the engine note at idle so removed it. This one is not flanged.
The owner of the car before me had installed superlow springs on standard struts. These had to be removed as part of the engineering process on the car, but I can throw them in if you would like them
Original, matching numbers VCT engine and the original 5-speed gearbox with aluminum XR tail shaft are available on negotiation – approx. 140,000km on these items. Removed from car in 2012.
Happy to supply the Autodesk Fusion 360 models used for the aircon chassis if you are interested
I have the original T5 gearbox, alloy tailshaft and the VCT engine which, at extra cost, I can include as well.

nicco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2023, 12:01 AM   #2
nicco

Default Re: (WA) Ford Falcon 2002

Old 20-01-2024, 01:00 AM   #3
nicco

Not currently available
Old 21-02-2024, 01:39 PM   #4
nicco

The car is currently for sale on Collecting Cars. If you, or anyone you know, might be interested in it, please have a look.

Thanks in advance,

Nic.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/...xr6-vct-au-iii