Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-04-2006, 09:17 PM   #1
ozfiesta
Starter Motor

Default CD player wq model

Hi everybody
I just have one question,is the cd player standard on the new fiesta wq?
I recentely buy a new fiesta auto 5 door lx,and I very happy about the car,just little disappoint beacouse the car have again a old style car audio whith the cassette,when the catalogue show the cd player.
Somebody have similar ex. like mine?
Bye DAVID. :

ozfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 12:38 AM   #2
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Key Features

1.6L Duratec 16V engine
Air-conditioning
15" wheels
Driver and front passenger airbags
Front power windows and mirrors
Remote central locking
Power steering
Leather wrapped steering wheel
CD player with iPodŽ/ MP3 facility
^ABS with EBD#

Thats all the key features on a WQ LX Fiesta. So I think you might need to go to a Ford dealership and enquire

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 03:47 AM   #3
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They all come with the double din CD player.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 09:20 AM   #4
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

I didn't think any new fiesta' came out with cassettes, even in europe
(for all you young guys a cassette was what we used for music before CD's were invented)

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 10:03 AM   #5
0xyg3n

They do get a casette player in euro. Its on the base model which from the looks of things is basiclly just the fiesta shell with wheels :P very little std equipment.

ozfiesta I would be talking with the dealer as that is not std equipment for oz spec fiesta. Possibly an assemberly line error missed by pre delivery inspection or maybe a dodgy dealer.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 10:15 AM   #6
Nappa
Impressive...

all our aussie models have CD and Air Con as standard but in the UK the Studio model is available, its got a 1.25ltr no aircon and a tape player. manual windows etc etc. We are lucky here to use the LX and our entry level model and get the benefits.
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 07:07 PM   #7
ozfiesta
Starter Motor

Thanks for yours answer,

Yes maybe ther is an error in assembly line,when I will do the first service at 3000 I ask to fit beacouse I really don,t like the cassette,will see what happen.otherwise I write at Ford Australia,I think is the first case,maybe.
Bye David.
ozfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 07:23 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

What the? Now that is weird - Can you post up pictures? Would be interested to see what on earth it looks like!

And yes - It should have the CD Player.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 11:26 PM   #9
Danny
GT4.

Please post up pics!! I'm finding this hard to fathom.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 01:12 PM   #10
Nappa
Impressive...

ok so let me get this straight, you live in Australia, you purchased a WQ Fiesta LX 5dr and the dealership delivered it to you with a casette player instead of a CD player. its hard to believe that something could happen its like delivering an XR without its alloys, what dealership was it??? how did they not pick that up in pre delivery.... and why didnt the saleman check the vehicle before the delivery. sounds very unprofessional.

I'd be rather angry, dont wait till the 3000 service, take it in and get a complimentry loan car while it gets refitted, this is a bit of a stuff up by all parts of the team, dealership, ford aus and ford euro.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:58 PM   #11
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Agree with Nappa there....

But - PICS PICS PICS!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 10-04-2006, 02:03 PM   #12
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

I believe there were a few 'stuff-up's' with the WQ. For instance there was apparently a recall recently because they forgot to fit the external audio device adapters to them, which were meant to be standard, and i'm pretty sure the LX i saw in a showroom a few months ago had cruise fitted, and was being recalled also along with the whole batch that it was a part of, to be dulled down. The QC these days, as we all know, is pathetic.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 02:10 PM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

And the Zetec was held back due to a suspension mod not done before they were delivered to the dealer....

I guess they tried to rush the new model in. I also think they would have lost sales in delaying the Zetec from the other models.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:24 PM   #14
Nappa
Impressive...

there has been some little stuff ups, i've noticed that half the models in our showroom are missing and LX rear badge and my demo has the extra Audio controls wich is only meant for the zetecs and ghia (probably what frantz thaught was the cruise control) the zetec suspension hold up was basicly Ford Aus wanting to make a slight modification. Most of the little problems have been minor and in no way a safety hazard but i'd be rather anoyed if Ford sent us one with a tape player.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:48 PM   #15
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
there has been some little stuff ups, i've noticed that half the models in our showroom are missing and LX rear badge and my demo has the extra Audio controls wich is only meant for the zetecs and ghia (probably what frantz thaught was the cruise control) the zetec suspension hold up was basicly Ford Aus wanting to make a slight modification. Most of the little problems have been minor and in no way a safety hazard but i'd be rather anoyed if Ford sent us one with a tape player.
I'm pretty sure it was cruise, i know the 'steering wheel' controls do look like cruise, but i'm pretty sure what i saw was cruise. Either way, not really good enough, especially the tape deck issue.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:50 PM   #16
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
extra Audio controls wich is only meant for the zetecs and ghia (probably what frantz thaught was the cruise control)
*EDIT - My bad... standard on Zetec/Ghia

I have also noticed the LX doesn't have the rear badge I think. Pretty sure it is debadged now - so that from the rear you can't tell what model it is (kind of like some BMW owner's debadging a 318i, and having 328i rims - so they LOOK like expensive models)

Last edited by Teki04; 10-04-2006 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:55 PM   #17
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

No they're not Teki. LX shouldn't have had the audio controls. First shpment got them by mistake. I'm looking at the specs & options brochure now.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:58 PM   #18
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohn42
No they're not Teki. LX shouldn't have had the audio controls. First shpment got them by mistake. I'm looking at the specs & options brochure now.
What the? All the LXs at my local dealer has the Audio controls - and they claimed they were standard from now.

Seems like the same mistake (or detuning) Ford did with the WP when they stopped the height adjustible seatbelts ... which I believe is still at a fixed height!

Old 10-04-2006, 02:59 PM   #19
Nappa
Impressive...

im afraid thats not the case, the audio controls still only are supposed to be standard on the Zetc and up, we were confused at first too but we got the final word from ford, and at the moment im looking at the spec sheet and have also seen the tech manual. If you want to be sure download the spec sheet from
http://www.ford.com.au/range/fiesta/...andoptions.asp
we hoped it would be standard but turns out it was a stuff up.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:04 PM   #20
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

What a screw up!

Also strange; Ipod/MP3 jack only available on a Manual transmission - Shocking since the Auto is more expensive and probably the most common model

Old 10-04-2006, 03:14 PM   #21
Nappa
Impressive...

yeah its a bit strange aparently it not available as there is no room to install it because the Auto shifter takes up too much room. at the moment we are looking at other places to put the plug on my demo and i'll let you guys know if it possible to fit as im sure there are auto drivers who want this aux plug.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:47 PM   #22
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
yeah its a bit strange aparently it not available as there is no room to install it because the Auto shifter takes up too much room. at the moment we are looking at other places to put the plug on my demo and i'll let you guys know if it possible to fit as im sure there are auto drivers who want this aux plug.
What a great Idea! Surely thered be many a place for it!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 04:38 PM   #23
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

The audio booster kit i bought from Ford for the XR6 was relatively compact in size, just consisting of a couple of cables, linked to a small noise supressor/amplifier unit, then another wire that goes straight around to wherever you want the socket to mount. I'm almost positive there would be a place to put a similar setup into an auto Fiesta.