Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-12-2010, 01:00 AM   #61
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Yes... that has been said a few times. But car to explain why that would be the case???
Because then they can, FWD will add to Ford's bottom line. Also with the world wide restructure Ford US will be able to make their decision easier about the direction of what Fords large car will be.
Old 13-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #62
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
But what happens when North Daewoo attacks South Daewoo?????
Daewon't. Its not inevverable. Ahhh, I'm so ronery

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #63
fairBA
Banned

Why can't the yanks ***** off, make their own crap and level AUS alone. They screwed their own industry up and they make 5*it cars. End of story. No need for them to drag us down too.
fairBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #64
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairBA
Why can't the yanks ***** off, make their own crap and level AUS alone. They screwed their own industry up and they make 5*it cars. End of story. No need for them to drag us down too.
Something about them owning the local companies, factories, engineering designs and vehicle names....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #65
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Something about them owning the local companies, factories, engineering designs and vehicle names....
Good answer. What a stupid question though.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #66
jixel 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
My parents for one. They specifically buy falcons for their tow capability.
All this talk of `towing`. I dont know about anyone else, but every time I see a late model Falcon with a big boat, trailer, horse float or even a car trailer with some tiny little Gemini or whatever on it with its balls and rear bumper dragging along the bitumen, I think wow those poor buggers need a Cruiser.
jixel 78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #67
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think back now to the threads where ford fans say they will buy a Commodore if the Falcon becomes a FWD. . So where too now? Learn to ride a motorbike. It's a fairly safe bet to say they will stay RWD.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #68
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I think back now to the threads where ford fans say they will buy a Commodore if the Falcon becomes a FWD. . So where too now? Learn to ride a motorbike. It's a fairly safe bet to say they will stay RWD.
Hope one brings out an AWD or stop buying new cars keep a nice late model car and buy cheap Chinese rubbish to go to and from work.
Old 13-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #69
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Seriously who cares about FWD/RWD anyways, everyone says I WONT BUY FALCON/COMMODORE IF THEY GO FWD!

Why, because you can't do burnouts? Can't "tow"? I seriously doubt 90% of average joe car owners even know which are the driven wheels, until recently Mum thought her Festiva was RWD.

Every time I see people towing big trailers its all with SUVs and 4X4s, horse floats, boats etc. Loaded up 6x4 trailers can be towed with small cars so no issue there.

The only time you see the downsides of FWD is when you try drive like Mark Webber, even then, some modern FWDs are awesome, Renault Clio Sport, Honda Integra Type R anyone? They outhandle a lot of cars.

If I was the CEO of Ford and or General Motors, I'd made sure Commodore and Falcon where dead long ago. They're obviously burdens on both of the companies. To the death with Falcon, Territory, and Commodore bring over Explorer, Taurus, F series, Silverado, entire Cadillac range as their replacements, as long as they where reasonably priced.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 13-12-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #70
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Seriously who cares about FWD/RWD anyways, everyone says I WONT BUY FALCON/COMMODORE IF THEY GO FWD!

Why, because you can't do burnouts? Can't "tow"? I seriously doubt 90% of average joe car owners even know which are the driven wheels, until recently Mum thought her Festiva was RWD.

Every time I see people towing big trailers its all with SUVs and 4X4s, horse floats, boats etc. Loaded up 6x4 trailers can be towed with small cars so no issue there.

The only time you see the downsides of FWD is when you try drive like Mark Webber, even then, some modern FWDs are awesome, Renault Clio Sport, Honda Integra Type R anyone? They outhandle a lot of cars.

If I was the CEO of Ford and or General Motors, I'd made sure Commodore and Falcon where dead long ago. They're obviously burdens on both of the companies. To the death with Falcon, Territory, and Commodore bring over Explorer, Taurus, F series, Silverado, entire Cadillac range as their replacements, as long as they where reasonably priced.
Because FWD cars are for girls mate..
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #71
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
Because FWD cars are for girls mate..
Well said.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2010, 12:36 AM   #72
burnz
VFII SS UTE

commodore will not go FWD..
zeta II will finish around oct 2014 then they will use alpha II platform..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2010, 12:46 AM   #73
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #74
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Aha he still has it .. Lol..
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #75
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Up until recently, I was a RWD lover until I had to downsize cars for reasons, try getting a smaller RWD car these days, it just doesn't happen. So I had to make the move.

I like RWD though, just the way it feels, the steering wheel not trying to jump around under acceleration and that kind of thing. I really don't know what the rest of the world's obsession with moving to FWD is, Australia has a passionate love affair with the RWD. Take that away from us and I can see trouble brewing!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post