Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Headlights on in the daytime
Yes 66 45.83%
No 78 54.17%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #91
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyd
New nissan Patrol rear ended my 1963 Mini "...didn't think yould stop for the light mate."
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2TE50#134
... 1 accident that
was entirely my fault (rear ended someone) ...
You two know each other?
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #92
hiper
[HIPER-8]

i voted no as i dont drive with my headlights on all the time...

but i turn them on whenever there is rain, or its overcast.
if there is fog i chuck on the parkers with fog lights

it freaks me out seeing so many people driving around without lights on when its ****ing down with rain.
1994 EF Fairmont Cardinal Red
hiper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #93
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Everyone drives with headlights on at night and there is no problem (low beams that is...), it is even less distracting at day time so there is nothing dangerous or wrong with it at all. I personally don't drive with lights on during the day unless weather/conditions affect visibility, but I have nothing against those that do.

It's better that people have their headlights on all the time rather than never at all.

Last edited by ST; 07-12-2010 at 08:26 PM.
ST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #94
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At Night.. obviously
In poor conditions... yes
On 2 lane country roads.... yes

Otherwise.. generally not
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2010, 08:42 PM   #95
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

A few of you are saying that you have them on in daytime except if you are in the city or residential areas.
Why?

You obviously think it makes you more visible on a major road, so why wouldn't it help in the city areas.
If something as easy as having the headlights on can make you more visible, why not have them on ALL the time?

I am not trying to tell everyone to have them on constantly (would be good though)
But just trying to work out why if you think it does increase your chances of being seen, why you don't have them on in all areas.
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie
Coyote mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #96
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote mk3
A few of you are saying that you have them on in daytime except if you are in the city or residential areas.
Why?

You obviously think it makes you more visible on a major road, so why wouldn't it help in the city areas.
If something as easy as having the headlights on can make you more visible, why not have them on ALL the time?

I am not trying to tell everyone to have them on constantly (would be good though)
But just trying to work out why if you think it does increase your chances of being seen, why you don't have them on in all areas.

Well said, I asked the same question but did not receive any answers.

Quote:
What I find interesting is the idea that lights are not required for increased visibility in built up areas but they are in rural areas. Why is that? Is that common opinion a result of road safety campaigns that have put up signs on some of our highways? The facts are you are statistically more likely to be involved in an crash in an urban area and one of the leading causes of crashes is a failure to give way. Therefore I do not think that it is unreasonable to suggest that you are statistically more likely to be involved in a crash as a result of not being seen in an urban environment than in a rural area. So why turn your lights on on the highway, but not on the backstreets of suburbia where you are much more likely to have someone pull out in front of you?
I guess it is not popular when logic challenges popular opinion.
Old 14-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #97
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

it's the older people that tend top pull out in front me, physically can't turn their heads to have a look and perhaps poor eye sight.

seen those telstra vans/vehicles around town (melbounre) their lights turn on when they turn their keys.... interesting, is this an advertising ploy or something else....?
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post