Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 09-09-2005, 12:29 AM   #1
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default How fast for an untuned BA XR8?

Just wondering what has been the fastest time recorded for a BA XR8 (ute or sedan) without a tune (flash or chip)?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 12:31 AM   #2
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

in motor they pulled a 13.99 in a 6 speed

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 12:34 AM   #3
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jeepers... do you know if they made any mods or was it factory standard?

I heard motor got 14 flat for the 5 speed ba xr8 ute........ must be a super driver.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 09-09-2005, 06:22 AM   #4
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle
Just wondering what has been the fastest time recorded for a BA XR8 (ute or sedan) without a tune (flash or chip)?
I think someone did a 13.8 at calder.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 07:46 AM   #5
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up Tuneless

Quote:
I did a 13.7 just last Wednesday night. It was going to be atleast a 13.6 if not 13.5 except I missed the gear change to 4th.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:05 AM   #6
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that was without a tune? That is awesome.
That's the quickest I've heard of. Have you changed your diff? What mods have you done? Whats the secret? lol.

Rides (past and present)

Old 09-09-2005, 11:55 AM   #7
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Default Wsid

Quote:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that was without a tune? That is awesome.
That's the quickest I've heard of. Have you changed your diff? What mods have you done? Whats the secret? lol.
Diff ratio is 3.46, Series 1 Herrod headers & single cats back exhaust and SS Inductions CAI with factory air filter. The tip is... keep the engine cool, around a quarter. Between runs keep the bonnet up, let out the hot air. If your temp gauge is around or just below a quarter she'll fly. A launch of about 2000rpm on Dunlops with 27psi in them should see you off nicely.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:25 PM   #8
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you change into 4th or do you let it ride out to the rev limiter on 3rd?

Rides (past and present)

Old 09-09-2005, 12:50 PM   #9
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up

Quote:
Do you change into 4th or do you let it ride out to the rev limiter on 3rd?

I need to go into 4th, the car does power on in 4th. When I did the 13.7 I missed the change, was rolling for atleast a second, hence a low mph. The car's good for a 13.6, there's no doubt, maybe a 13.5. I've just removed my mods to keep it relatively stock, so I don't want to get back into this ET chasing. I'd like to see what it's capable of with this setup and leave it at that.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:34 PM   #10
hot460

Thumbs up

I was racing next to PhantomXR8 on wed all night and we both run 13.7. Mine was with 103mph and Craig's should have been easy that but he dropped right back with the missed gear before the line and run his worst mph for the night @ 98. all the other passes were at 102-103. the purple beast flies!
Great stuff Craig. :eclipsee_
Old 09-09-2005, 05:23 PM   #11
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh I was talking about a full stock XR8, Craig's(Phantom) car goes realy good with a factory tune. As you said Craig the more k's on these donks the better.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:33 PM   #12
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Hey guys the panther ran a 13.8 completly stock right down to the air cleaner and everything in the boot drove it staight of the street and ran it..
Old 09-09-2005, 08:56 PM   #13
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

XA Coupe has run a 13.6

http://www.fordforums.com.au/member....tails&userid=2
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 09:02 PM   #14
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
Hey guys the panther ran a 13.8 completly stock right down to the air cleaner and everything in the boot drove it staight of the street and ran it..
Well, that's a great effort then!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:42 PM   #15
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Old Rays (OFR-CEO) BA XR8 Sedan, Rodderz Driving also went 13.6...
I am sure rodderz went 13.6 in his own ute before he had a chip...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 10:47 PM   #16
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Hi Mark,
Yep, with an Old Fart at the wheel these stockers aren't bad hey!
Old 09-09-2005, 10:55 PM   #17
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomXR8
Hi Mark,
Yep, with an Old Fart at the wheel these stockers aren't bad hey!
Yes Craig, the manuals made all the early runnings good numbers, it seems so long ago...here we are ready for a new model in a few months...new toys for the boys...lol.. :

Old 10-09-2005, 08:01 PM   #18
Nik

at willow bank the other week there was one there dunno if it was mk1 or 2 but he was runnin around 14.7s with around 99 mph . it was doin 2.4 60 footers or somethin.it was a manual and it was wheel spinning in 2nd they must be a bugger to launch .
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 08:05 PM   #19
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmmmmm these 13.6 - 13.8 are very good times for an untuned BA XR8. Why am I so slow? lol

Rides (past and present)

Old 10-09-2005, 08:12 PM   #20
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
at willow bank the other week there was one there dunno if it was mk1 or 2 but he was runnin around 14.7s with around 99 mph . it was doin 2.4 60 footers or somethin.it was a manual and it was wheel spinning in 2nd they must be a bugger to launch .
Yes there are a bugger to launch with those 3.23s diff gears. The best I have done at willowbank is a 14.1 @ 97.2mph and that was my first ever 1/4 mile run.

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 08:20 PM   #21
SpoolMan

Quote:
Hmmmmm these 13.6 - 13.8 are very good times for an untuned BA XR8. Why am I so slow? lol
you need a HOT 60 foot time....1.8, 1.9..then the rest of the run must be spot-on, no hitting any limiters, makes it a little harder...

Old 10-09-2005, 08:30 PM   #22
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Yes for a while there I couldnt match the time I got in Ray's sedan, he gave me the keys one night and I fluked a takeoff and run a 13.61 while got a 13.62 in mine, didnt hear the end of it either! :

After I got the chip I tried using better rubber and ever since the clutch has gone downhill, now it's at the stage where I havent driven it since Heathcote! I did gain 5mph and a 10th or so however with the chip, but with a better clutch it would be pretty close to Kev's 13.2 I reckon
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #23
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
Bugger is not the word I had in mind.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:14 AM   #24
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Its just practice dude. practice and have fun, the times will fall, if you get too frustrated the times will become more inconsistent.

there have been a few dead stockers, one blueprint ute who used to come out with us went a 13.79 with a 2.10 60 which was memorable - Jeff even with his worn out clutch can still rip a low 70 out when he needs to.

Best untuned auto's I have seen with std gears and converters are around the 14.1 - i havent seen a 13 sec stock auto 260 yet.....
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 12:40 PM   #25
OLS108
LS1 owner

I saw one of those BA DJR XR8's running 14.5's at willowbank on thursday ! how much power do they have it only ran like 100mph :
Old 11-09-2005, 12:41 PM   #26
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Its just practice dude. practice and have fun, the times will fall, if you get too frustrated the times will become more inconsistent.

there have been a few dead stockers, one blueprint ute who used to come out with us went a 13.79 with a 2.10 60 which was memorable - Jeff even with his worn out clutch can still rip a low 70 out when he needs to.

Best untuned auto's I have seen with std gears and converters are around the 14.1 - i havent seen a 13 sec stock auto 260 yet.....
Chris I saw a stock auto at WSID do a 13.9 2.1 60 it was a ex police car and a girl doing 14.2 the other night with 2.2 60.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:42 PM   #27
highlander_69r
Starter Motor

i remember seein the same djr300 and many fpvs not hittin under 14s must need some driver ed up here
highlander_69r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 08:36 PM   #28
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS108
I saw one of those BA DJR XR8's running 14.5's at willowbank on thursday ! how much power do they have it only ran like 100mph :
It's not that don't have the mumbo to get over the line in the 13's. It is that the driver is scared that they will blow the diff or cv joints... I saw an FPV GT(John turner and his GT has 300+rwkw) and a black DJR both blow there diff on the same morning at Willowbank. For John it was the 2nd blow out in 2 weeks. By the way both were manuals and the GT was launching at 1800rpm............

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 10:06 PM   #29
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Mate to be honest the DJR is an over priced XR8 and they don't really feel any different to drive power wise to a XR8.....
Old 20-09-2005, 08:30 PM   #30
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomXR8
I did a 13.7 just last Wednesday night. It was going to be atleast a 13.6 if not 13.5 except I missed the gear change to 4th.
Good to hear the old girl still got it in her Craig, even w/out all the go fast bits. I didnt think it would be out for retirement yet...