Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 12-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #31
wusyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicOz
Mondeo, Holdens main rival? I don't think so. I think its a compliment that they put the Mondeo in the latest ad but the sales figures are no where near Commodore to be a rival. The ad was merely showing that the new V6 engine is more fuel efficient that a 4 cyclinder car.
Slightly off track here... it was interesting to read the Mount Panorama test done between Falcon and Commodore:

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...=66283&IsPgd=0

One may be able to drive the new 3.0 SIDI Commodore with one tank to Sydney but in other conditions, it may not be as good as it claims.

Ford Mondeo, probably will still come up be more fuel economical than the 3.0 SIDI Commodore in real life driving.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #32
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wusyc
One may be able to drive the new 3.0 SIDI Commodore with one tank to Sydney but in other conditions, it may not be as good as it claims.
Very interesting. Companies should be very careful of how the advertise. Obviously Holden wishes all roads were 900km long freeways!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:55 PM   #33
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Slightly off track here... it was interesting to read the Mount Panorama test done between Falcon and Commodore:

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...=66283&IsPgd=0

Ford Mondeo, probably will still come up be more fuel economical than the 3.0 SIDI Commodore in real life driving.
Can you post some photos of you Titanium diesel for us (please)? I've only seen the brochure ones and would like to see real world shots.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #34
wusyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Can you post some photos of you Titanium diesel for us (please)? I've only seen the brochure ones and would like to see real world shots.
Yes sir :hihi:

I just need to get sometime to take the car somewhere and get some good shots of it.
Old 13-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #35
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Yes sir :hihi:

I just need to get sometime to take the car somewhere and get some good shots of it.
Excellent. I've seen two on the road and none in two dealers I've been to (Knox and Binks Ford). I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the seats too. I've got full leather and don't know how well the alcantara will hold up to a child who will be a toddler when I trade in (and possible another baby as well).
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 13-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #36
wusyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Excellent. I've seen two on the road and none in two dealers I've been to (Knox and Binks Ford). I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the seats too. I've got full leather and don't know how well the alcantara will hold up to a child who will be a toddler when I trade in (and possible another baby as well).
The Titanium is a bit difficult to get. I got mine from Knox during the weekend when Ford was giving away 2 more years of warranty in September. They had a bit of a hard time to get me one. Since then, they told me that they couldn't get any more and had to send people to another dealer. If that's true, I think that the dealers are not willing to swap the Titanium model at the moment.

I think that Etheridge Ford and Strapp Ford may have one or two.

For the seat, I personally don't have a preference to whether it is full leather or with Alcantara. I think that leather/alcantara seats look better. With kids, I assume that alcantara part will be not as easy to clean as the leather.
Old 13-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #37
RicOz

Has anyone seen any new MB wagons on the road yet? I haven't seen any yet in my area in Sydney, which is kinda good since I'm driving a rare car, but think its a pity since I want the Mondeo to pick up in sales!
Old 14-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #38
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
The Titanium is a bit difficult to get. I got mine from Knox during the weekend when Ford was giving away 2 more years of warranty in September. They had a bit of a hard time to get me one. Since then, they told me that they couldn't get any more and had to send people to another dealer. If that's true, I think that the dealers are not willing to swap the Titanium model at the moment.

I think that Etheridge Ford and Strapp Ford may have one or two.

For the seat, I personally don't have a preference to whether it is full leather or with Alcantara. I think that leather/alcantara seats look better. With kids, I assume that alcantara part will be not as easy to clean as the leather.
Thanks for the info. You should hit them up for the roadside assist at the 3k 'service'. I've taken mine there for 15K and 30K services and I got two years extra of roadside assist, just because I got it serviced at a Ford dealer.

I got mine there too. I was a bit shirty with the length of time to get the car, but everything else has been good. It was Nov 2007 when I signed for the car, and didn't see it until early Jan 2008.

A mate used to be the finance manager there, so the dealer principal did the deal for me. All good. I'd recommend them. Brad is helpful, when you can get onto him.
Previous: