Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #91
xespak84
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Are you one of those drivers that drives really slow and accelerates really slow all the time then cause 5 people attempt to overtake you because they are sick of going so slow?
not really i speed if anything only happens when some ******** in a commodore with his music pumping trying to race me.

also when there is a person going flat out trying to get past cars as quick as possible is in a real hurry and enters the roundabout way too fast and trys to get past you before the lane runs out nearly casuing an accident.
xespak84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #92
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway
How hard is the law on roundabouts.. Its give way to ANYthing that is on the roundabout... rule is 1st on owns it..
I am curious what you do at intersections where the traffic lights have gone out and there are banks of cars at each corner. What goes on there?

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #93
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
I am curious what you do at intersections where the traffic lights have gone out and there are banks of cars at each corner. What goes on there?

I give way to the right and usally go when I can not see any cars.

From vic roads site.

Traffic light failure or flashing yellow
If traffic lights at the intersection are not operating, or the traffic lights are showing only a flashing yellow traffic light you must give way as if the intersection did not have traffic lights, or a stop sign, stop line, give way sign or give way line.

Intersections
After stopping at a Stop sign or line, or when facing a Give Way sign or line at an intersection, you must give way to any vehicle in, entering or approaching the intersection except:

a vehicle making a U-turn
a vehicle turning left using a slip lane
an oncoming vehicle turning right if that vehicle is also facing a Stop or Give Way sign or line.
When turning at an intersection (not including a roundabout) you must give way to pedestrians crossing the road you are turning into and also pedestrians on a slip lane, when turning using a slip lane.

At intersections (except T-intersections or roundabouts) without traffic lights, signs or lines on the road

you must give way to any vehicle on your right
if you are turning right, you must also give way to oncoming vehicles going straight ahead or turning left (except if they are turning in a slip lane) as well as any vehicle on your right.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #94
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
I give way to the right and usally go when I can not see any cars.

From vic roads site.

Traffic light failure or flashing yellow
If traffic lights at the intersection are not operating, or the traffic lights are showing only a flashing yellow traffic light you must give way as if the intersection did not have traffic lights, or a stop sign, stop line, give way sign or give way line.
Ok, but every time I have seen a give way or stop sign, its an intersection leading onto a main road where cars aren't stopped on all four sides.

How the hell would a 4 way giveway/stop sign work?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #95
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

I regularly pass through an intersection that has a stop sign on each approach.....an interesting scenario to the unwary.
The locals have worked it out so that the person who arrives at a stop sign first goes first. This works well until and unwary 'outa towner' turns up.

In all instances all must give way at stop signs....... so in a case like this intersection and an accident ensures both drivers cop a ticket.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post