Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-11-2023, 04:33 PM   #1
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Angry Brazen thefts now occuring in Australia

My bother just went to the local Dan Murphy just before the Melbourne Cup. He saw four young men walking from the store with slabs each looking over their shoulders. When my brother spoke to the security guard who also witnessed the crime, the security guard said these people are known to carry knives and it wasn't worth getting stabbed over some beer.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-11-2023, 08:39 PM   #2
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bazen thefts now occuring in Australia

So why bother employing a security guard?
ute83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2023, 08:53 PM   #3
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is common, and these dregs are more than happy to shank anyone who confronts them, so they get away with it.
My childcare centre was broken into by teenagers who trashed the place, and left drug paraphernalia there. The neighbours called the cops twice, they didn’t show, so they went over to confront them with understandable results.
Spoke to the cops the next day, they empathised but made the point that the same night had 35 similar incidents on the books that weren’t getting a visit due to lack of resources. Not the cops fault.
The druggie thugs know this so keep thugging.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 07-11-2023, 09:11 PM   #4
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
This is common, and these dregs are more than happy to shank anyone who confronts them, so they get away with it.
My childcare centre was broken into by teenagers who trashed the place, and left drug paraphernalia there. The neighbours called the cops twice, they didn’t show, so they went over to confront them with understandable results.
Spoke to the cops the next day, they empathised but made the point that the same night had 35 similar incidents on the books that weren’t getting a visit due to lack of resources. Not the cops fault.
The druggie thugs know this so keep thugging.

What my brother saw were not druggies but a race which cannot be mentioned because you will be called a racist.

Theft has been occurring for a long time. However in the past attempts were made to hide the thieving so as to not get caught and prosecuted. To walk into a shop, grab items and leave without paying is just beyond comprehension. I thought this occurred just in the USA. Has our country now reached a level where we are no longer in control of this issue?

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2023, 09:44 PM   #5
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Unfortunately there are a third of our community that will take anything that is not bolted down and don't care if they are recorded doing it, the next third are opportunists and will only take stuff if the situation arises, the last third are hard working and are the ones that pay for everything that the first two steal.
prktkljokr is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2023, 09:52 PM   #6
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Name and shame. Plaster their faces all over the store and refuse entry if they show up.
That is what I'd expect from a security guard.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2023, 10:32 PM   #7
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
What my brother saw were not druggies but a race which cannot be mentioned because you will be called a racist.

Theft has been occurring for a long time. However in the past attempts were made to hide the thieving so as to not get caught and prosecuted. To walk into a shop, grab items and leave without paying is just beyond comprehension. I thought this occurred just in the USA. Has our country now reached a level where we are no longer in control of this issue?
Probably will get flamed for this comment but it is the lefties soft approach with the justice system, the woke brigade has a lot to answer for with our crime rates and it is not going to get any better.
The youth and dregs of society of today know this and use it to their advantage.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2023, 11:08 PM   #8
marty351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Probably will get flamed for this comment but it is the lefties soft approach with the justice system, the woke brigade has a lot to answer for with our crime rates and it is not going to get any better.
The youth and dregs of society of today know this and use it to their advantage.
A compulsory cadets or scouts for the first 3 years of high school with positive training in aspects of life may be something worth a serious look.
Failing that, a basic national service type program for those who choose to repeatedly offend the law. Sounds harsh to some but is of benefit to those who don't want a career in crime.
Old 08-11-2023, 08:44 AM   #9
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Has our country now reached a level where we are no longer in control of this issue?
Did you see a story a few days ago, some teens doused a complete stranger's home in petrol with the intent set it alight. He gave chase and apprehended/threatened them, and he's the one on charges....
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2023, 09:49 AM   #10
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
A compulsory cadets or scouts for the first 3 years of high school with positive training in aspects of life may be something worth a serious look.
Failing that, a basic national service type program for those who choose to repeatedly offend the law. Sounds harsh to some but is of benefit to those who don't want a career in crime.
Unfortunately that would not work these days.
They could just refuse and what punishment would be handed out, without their woke sympathisers protesting on as much social media as possible for outraged publicity.

Conforming to accepted community standards is for the sheeple.
Anti-social behaviour is the result of society not understanding a person's problems.
Peer pressure is bullying.

Mid 60's, ADF rookie training, we had a person in our barracks room who would not shower. He considered a quick face wash was all that was needed. He stunk. One night after he went to bed, we grabbed him, stripped him, carried him into the shower block and scrubbed him with a bass broom. Message received.
Now, we possibly would be charged with bodily harm, sexual assault, bullying, conduct unbecoming and anything else in the rule book that fitted.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2023, 11:52 AM   #11
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Name and shame. Plaster their faces all over the store and refuse entry if they show up.
That is what I'd expect from a security guard.
Have you noticed most security guards are from the sub continent region, even at events like footy and cricket. No idea how to deal with an enraged drunken yobbo or a shop lifter, they've never encountered this sort of behaviour back home.
Might as well have a cardboard cut out.
Remember when we had big Maoris doing security, no problems then.
Old 08-11-2023, 01:07 PM   #12
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
that's a symptom. We need to understand the causes behind the behavior, and it's not just the lack of punishment. It's way, way too big an issue to go into here, but I really don't think you can point the finger at any single government (of either flavor)
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2023, 01:31 PM   #13
marty351

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
that's a symptom. We need to understand the causes behind the behavior, and it's not just the lack of punishment. It's way, way too big an issue to go into here, but I really don't think you can point the finger at any single government (of either flavor)
Years 7-9 compulsory cadets.Nip the problems before they become deeply ingrained.
Old 08-11-2023, 01:42 PM   #14
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
Aaaaaaaand theres the cause.
Lemme guess its all about parents not loving enough and lack of diversity in blah blah blah.
Do the wrong thing, get punished.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2023, 02:00 PM   #15
.:4:.
Kicking back

The thing is, the way the law works is if a staff member or security guard lays a finger on said theives regardless of if its daylight robery or not, they are now the criminal. All they can do legally is save the camera footage and hope the police think its important enough to take action.

I know of 1 person who works in a bottlo and a repeat theif came in to steal again so he closed the shutter locking himself in with the theif. Guess who got sacked and charged?
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2023, 02:51 PM   #16
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It may warm the hearts of some here; I knew an electronic parts/hobby store where their first step after detecting theft in progress was to kill the cameras and lock the door. Seemed to work.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2023, 03:34 PM   #17
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Yep, let's go back to the days of chopping off someone's hand for stealing a loaf of bread. Can't believe how soft society became when they left all of their limbs in one piece and we just banished them for the term of their natural life to some land on the other side of the world. Talk about soft!

That worked. Should have stuck with it.

(kinda said a bit tongue in cheek )

No matter what the cause, I definitely see that society has changed. And not for the better. Dare I say it, we seem to be heading in the same direction as the good 'ole USofA. But if we look to them for answers, I think it's pretty clear that incarceration is not it.

My personal view is that the lack of accountability for parents teaching their kids respect has a large part to do with this problem. Now, there's probably many reasons behind all that, but perhaps that would be more suitable for it's own thread.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2023, 04:15 PM   #18
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I deal with multiple groups of kids outside the classroom everyday and their attitudes are getting worse by the day.
The Teachers are barely out of nappies themselves and most are more interested in their phones than the behavior of the kids in their care.
Parents dont give a ****, teachers dont give a ****, why would the kids when they know theyre untouchable and carry it through to adulthood.
And let me tell you, private school kids are by far the worst in every way and if you heard the level of actual intelligence many of them portray through their conversations you'd question what those fees buy you because it isnt education or intelligence.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2023, 04:39 PM   #19
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
I deal with multiple groups of kids outside the classroom everyday and their attitudes are getting worse by the day.
The Teachers are barely out of nappies themselves and most are more interested in their phones than the behavior of the kids in their care.
That's because the teachers are largely powerless. Kids assault each other or the teachers with impunity. The general exodus of males from teaching also hasnt helped.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2023, 04:41 PM   #20
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Parents dont give a ****, teachers dont give a ****, why would the kids when they know theyre untouchable and carry it through to adulthood.
And let me tell you, private school kids are by far the worst in every way and if you heard the level of actual intelligence many of them portray through their conversations you'd question what those fees buy you because it isnt education or intelligence.
You are, or were, a bus driver .......... Correct ?
Saw a bus a couple of days ago with the destination board showing "Drivers wanted, ring 1300 xxx xxx".

You have just explained why there is a shortage of drivers.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2023, 06:55 PM   #21
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
You are, or were, a bus driver .......... Correct ?
Saw a bus a couple of days ago with the destination board showing "Drivers wanted, ring 1300 xxx xxx".

You have just explained why there is a shortage of drivers.
Recently returned 3 weeks ago today, too much work and nowhere near enough drivers so the asked me to 'help out', clocked up 160hrs in that time.
Some operators are offering between 3 and 5k sign on depending on experience.

To be honest, the kids aren't the problem as such, theyre kids with little direction from those who should know better, its the long hours often unappreciated by passengers in general that drives you to resent it.

You do this for a living in realtime but because joe bloggs sitting on the couch at 10pm Googles where theyre going and think the travel time it spits out when the roads are empty is somehow relevant to peak hour or even to a vehicle the size of a coach that Google doesnt factor in to its route, they'll soon tell you how incompetant you must be.
Or the A/C is too cold or too hot, or you didnt do this or you should have done that.

People expect you to have a convo with them whilst youre trying to navigate congested roads and obstructions when you need 100% concentration to get anywhere up to 80 lives where they want to go when they want to get there, safely.
Im not their mate, I dont care to know their life story or have them know mine, I'll greet you on your way in and bid you a good day on your way out, in between leave me the **** alone to do what I do.

Then you have to navigate what is a petulant industry, you can do everything to the letter but tell management something they dont want to hear and all the good you've done is forgotten and youre kicked to the bottom of the pile to start again.

If you saw some of the units that have been employed to fill the shortfall you'd be scared to let your child go on an excursion, some I wouldnt let push a wheelbarrow but they're behind the wheel of a half a million dollar coach because they have the piece of paper to say they can and a desperate industry.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2023, 07:10 PM   #22
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
That's because the teachers are largely powerless. Kids assault each other or the teachers with impunity. The general exodus of males from teaching also hasnt helped.
An exodus of mature male teachers, yes, but plenty of young ones who arent much older or respectful than the kids theyre 'teaching'.
Swearing, flirting, inappropriate topics, I could write a book.
I once had a teacher give the impression that I must be dodgy to want to work around kids, I said I hold the same accreditation as you, but when was the last time a bus driver made the news for inappropriate conduct compared to those on your side of the school gate that appear monthly.
Old 08-11-2023, 07:11 PM   #23
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just remember Bent
Whatever happens
‘ it’s the drivers fault’
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2023, 07:38 PM   #24
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
That may be the case in your neck of the wood's but quite the opposite in mine, let me tell you.

I also have dealings with Private school kids in and out of school hours and my consensus is that the majority of them are very well mannered and from a very young age. My wife and I actually took our children out of the Catholic School system to Private and have not looked back. The group of very intelligent friend base that both my children have found and developed has seen both of them gain confidence and respect that they never received from their previous schooling.

One example that holds true to me was attending my son's grade 4 cross country day where many of his new friends have competed in not only state but national titles, this was my son's very first year at this Private school and he was so nervous in this one event from bad experiences previously from his old school, on completion of the race I witnessed many of the kids that had run their race and finished all stand at the finish line and praise each and every child that crossed, even the poor ones that clearly athletics was not a strong point for them. But to see such praise and encouragement from kids so young on their own was great to see, and let me tell you this happens at many sporting events I have attended thus far.

Off course there are the ones that ride high on their families wealth, but personally I have seen a complete opposite to your experience.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2023, 10:47 AM   #25
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
That may be the case in your neck of the wood's but quite the opposite in mine, let me tell you.

I also have dealings with Private school kids in and out of school hours and my consensus is that the majority of them are very well mannered and from a very young age. My wife and I actually took our children out of the Catholic School system to Private and have not looked back. The group of very intelligent friend base that both my children have found and developed has seen both of them gain confidence and respect that they never received from their previous schooling.

One example that holds true to me was attending my son's grade 4 cross country day where many of his new friends have competed in not only state but national titles, this was my son's very first year at this Private school and he was so nervous in this one event from bad experiences previously from his old school, on completion of the race I witnessed many of the kids that had run their race and finished all stand at the finish line and praise each and every child that crossed, even the poor ones that clearly athletics was not a strong point for them. But to see such praise and encouragement from kids so young on their own was great to see, and let me tell you this happens at many sporting events I have attended thus far.

Off course there are the ones that ride high on their families wealth, but personally I have seen a complete opposite to your experience.
We consider anything other than government/state schools to be private, so that Catholic school you havent looked back on is in the same category as your new one.
Sure there are better private schools than others, theres better state schools than others too, but I can tell you as someone who services dozens if not 100's of schools, private school kids are by far the worst in general and I'd challenge you to find someone in my industry to say different as I hear it from not just the ones that drive for us, but numerous other companies drivers too.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2023, 10:56 PM   #26
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
We consider anything other than government/state schools to be private, so that Catholic school you havent looked back on is in the same category as your new one.
Sure there are better private schools than others, theres better state schools than others too, but I can tell you as someone who services dozens if not 100's of schools, private school kids are by far the worst in general and I'd challenge you to find someone in my industry to say different as I hear it from not just the ones that drive for us, but numerous other companies drivers too.
Like I said mate it might be that way in your neck of the wood's but it certainly isn't where I'm from.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2023, 09:13 AM   #27
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Ok Boomers
Old 10-11-2023, 11:04 AM   #28
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Im surprised there hasn't been more reports of vigilante justice happening against some of these youth crimes. Im guessing it's a matter of 'when' not 'if' though.

The justice system to me seems to be the biggest disappointment. The youth know it too. A slap on the wrist and all is forgiven.

Sooner or later, people will just lash out. I'm not saying 2 wrongs make a right, but then there will be civil chaos and all the bleeding hearts will be about protecting the children.

I fear as each day progresses we will start turning into the U.S more and more.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2023, 11:23 AM   #29
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
An exodus of mature male teachers, yes, but plenty of young ones who arent much older or respectful than the kids theyre 'teaching'.
Have a couple of mates who are teachers, and both have left and gone to....guess where..... China to work. Apparently better pay, better conditions, and well behaved pupils. And being anglos, they also get they royal treatment :P

I think sometimes we need to look at ourselves when we blame the kids. Turn on the telly and see what they are being bombarded with... pandemics, cost of living crisis, being told to accept that they will never own their own home, and add to that, that they might be asked to fight in a WW3 within the next decade....what a time to be alive!

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2023, 11:33 AM   #30
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

My dearest had a trolley of groceries stolen a few years ago, she’d wheeled it from the cashier after paying and left it in the doorway of the adjacent bottle-o (Coles Liquor) whilst ducking in for some mood adjuster. Gone in 90 seconds!

Immediately she rushed back to the store manager, wanting them to secure the CCTV footage for police. Manager was more sanguine - you’ve got your receipt, just put the same stuff in another trolley and we’ll wear the first one as store theft.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: